Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
Fair point. Miko isn't wholly at fault, then.
I mean, by that logic you can argue nobody is wholly at fault for anything. Everything we are can be traced, at least in part, to how our caregivers raised us for the first 20-30% of our lives. Everything we do can be traced to what we are. Ergo...blame is a complicated thing, but I don't think you're placing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
I think everyone agrees she wasn't special.
Nope. Somebody are explicitly saying that Miko was special, so this is a weird thing to assert.
The first problem is, nobody can agree what "special" means. Is it "everybody is special," "you have a special gift for math," or "Emmet is The Special"? The second, larger problem is that nobody seems to realize that that's what they're arguing about, so they're wasting half of their time arguing over whether or not Miko fits into their definition of special (which everyone else would probably agree to if they were using that definition).
Miko is a unique individual, so obviously she's "everybody" special. She has exceptional skills, so she's "gift for" special. But she is not "The" special, which is what she thinks she is.

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalFailure View Post
The caster who gets screen time is very clearly wearing a holy symbol, and the SG casters we see all appear to be wearing the same uniform as the other Priests of the 12 show during the epic cleric duel.
Almost like that's some kind of, I dunno, uniform? Like an organized quasi-military group would have?
Also, not to name names, it's worth noting that real-world equivalents of holy symbols are far from exclusive to clerics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
It is most certainly not unambiguous. That panel only shows that they were there.
I mostly agree with your arguments, but...no. Maybe if there was something else also in-panel that could have decided Miko should fall, but there wasn't.
This is basic cinematic language (or whatever the comic equivalent is). You might as well argue that we can't assume a conversation being filmed with shot/reverse shot is happening at one time, because we don't see both characters at the same time. That's certainly possible, and there have been instances where that assumption has been foiled, but there's still no reason to assume the cinematic language is lying.