1. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dark and Full Of Spoilers (GOT Season 8 Spoiler Thread Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by pendell View Post
    There's a certain amount of irony here. Stannis was willing to burn his own innocent daughter alive to achieve the throne, and as a direct result of this the army deserted him and his claim came to an end. Danerys has likely made the choice to burn innocents for the sake of her claim. How is she different, or better, than Stannis?
    Because when Daenerys started to burn down Cersei's lackeys that were too dumb to kneel, her whole army including the north's auxiliaries went "hell yeah!" and joined the cleansing of King's Landing. You don't see a single of Daenerys soldiers going "oh noes our queen is mad after all", they instead go "our queen is awesome, let's keep supporting her!".

Except Jojo Snow, but considering GoT's average rate of backstabbing, a single dude turning is as close to perfection as you get.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2019-05-19 at 09:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."