Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
No he didn't. He caused the cave-in.

The giant has stated a few times that combat, although the most common way to die hnonrably, is not a requirement. There's the caravan story and the poltician getting assassinated one. The only thing that all the honorable deaths had in common is that they are a direct consequence of a choice made to endanger one-self in an obvious way. That's why the accidents aren't hnorable.

But that's the thing, because mining conditions are unpleasant, it's a job people don't want so those who choose it are generally desperate giving employers more leeway to worsen their working conditions for their own gains. We have no reason to assume the same is true for dwarves.

And why are you certain the dwarves have not won those same battles and more?

But we know the dwarves have other jobs: clerics, bards, soldiers, jelly cubes (or whatever) racers, etc.

We know of one who abandonned mining and one who became a mining boss. Out of five.

That is only absurd if you assume they were trapped to begin with.
Scratch that, it's not absurd because as I have already stated, they did have more resource after death than before. Shirra won her case. She could have lended or given money to Squeaky.

So?

To underline that there biology is different from humans. We know that ten pints in ten seconds don't faze them. The gods gave them two livers to accomodate the "heavy drinkers" part of the dwarven archetype. Makes sense that they would give them lungs with a better resistance to rock dust to accomodate "live inside mountains and love mining" parts.

Yeah I think he'd notice if he had to work for less long than the others or something.

And where are you going with this hypothetical?
Ok now this is some contradiction I have never thought about.

But your statement makes something obvious:

If the caravan lady and politician get a honorable death because they put themselves into danger, why don't miners get honorable deaths as well?
Even if Dwarves are born to mine, it is still dangerous. Or was the poison gas the one and only ever mining accident, and otherwise mining is considered completely non-dangerous?