1. - Top - End - #857
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld Thread XI: Finally, it's HAMMER-TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by tigerusthegreat View Post
    Don't get me started on the Towers.....that's just all kinds of stupid, and upends every rule we've spent 3.5 books learning about and makes them pointless (free juice, the letter of contracts doesn't matter, etc).
    Agree with most of your post and agree even more with that last bit in particular. Contracts were supposed to be this unbreakable mechanic. You could try to cheat through loopholes, but still had to follow the rules to the letter. But now towers can just go "lol nope" and rip them in half when they feel like it.

Free juice however was already heavily hinted in book 1 with the mention that Charlie can use Unlimited Thinkgram Works and Wanda's own arkenpliers that can decrypt until the cow comes home.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2019-06-11 at 11:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."