Quote Originally Posted by XplosivePizza View Post
I'm not a usually a min-maxer in D&D but I'm wanting to know your thoughts on my build.

Race unimportant here as I have been reincarnated. >.>

I have a fighter I've been playing for 3 years, he's level 10 fighter (Cavalier on a Boar)(Two Handed Fighting Style), with 3 in Paladin (Vengeance)(Protection) and 3 in ranger (Beast Master: Mostly to boost the mount)(Defense Fighting Style)

I intend on taking the rest into fighter.

Took the Mobile and Tough feats. Uses shield with Lance while mounted and one handed on foot. He's killer out in the open and a veritable wall on his feet. Because of certain magical items, he's resistant to necrotic and fire damage, while being able to cast True Strike as a bonus action.

Weapons/Shield/Armor:
Armor: Crimson Shadow Plate +2 (Crafted/Enchanted) - Req. Attunement. Red-Shadow Dragon Scale Armor with resistance to necrotic and fire damage. On a successful dexterity save vs Dragon Breath, reflects force damage back at the attacker.
Shield: Sentinel Shield (Purchased) - You know this one.
Lance: Halcyon +3 (Looted) - Req. Attunement. Additional 2d6 Lightning damage.
Warhammer +3 (Purchased)
Gauntlets of Guiding (Looted) - Req. Attunement. Allows wearer to cast Truestrike as a Bonus Action 3 times per day.

Played from level 1 now level 16. Things are getting crazy.

Also, I had a request as well. Next character I'm wanting to build a Necromancer Knight. Wanting to build the antithesis of my current character. What would your suggestions be?
Interesting mixture of classes. Generally speaking you can toss together loads of martial classes and end up strong. Looking at what you've got, I'd say you should have probably taken fighter 11 a long long time ago. It's a huge breakpoint for 3 attacks. Other than that, consider taking the 4th level in both your splat classes. Those ASIs are quite helpful, and each would give another "caster level" for more smites.

As for an opposite character... A conquest paladin is probably a good choice. Or if a DM allows Oathbreaker, but its a bit overpowered IMO. You could splash in some more caster levels as desired for powered up smites. Oathbreaker/Necromancer is MAD but has lots of synergy with undead minions.