Quote Originally Posted by Aequilix View Post
I'm not dead set on crit fishing, but I thought the two went hand-in-hand pretty well. I guess not. In that case V. Human is looking pretty nice. And in that case Conquest is nice as well, same vein/flavor.

What are your thoughts on Sword and Board or a Polearm vs a Greatsword. With Sword and Board I could probably do something like Paladin 4/Warlock 1. Polearms would probably have to be Pali 2/Warlock 3. My only concern with polearms is if it'll have too many bonus actions between Hex and PAM.
They are all fine choices. If you go GWM, you'll have a good amount of bonus action usage between hex, hexblade curse, and GWM attacks. Polearms synergize well with a conquest paladin's fear lock-down. S&B seems like it'd save you warlock levels, but without warlock 3 for improved pact weapon, you still need war caster if you want to cast shield with both hands full (which you can't take as a level 1 Paladin). If you go that route, I'd take warlock 3 for the invocation, and use a Flame Tongue longsword, making it a +1 Flame Tongue.

I'd say pick what you like and play it. Greatsword is simple and sweet if that's what you like.