View Single Post

Thread: The new general "Dominions 5" Thread

1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The new general "Dominions 5" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Im genuinly not certain how things work against Tower shields. Have not fough any of those yet.
    And fire shields could actually be a weakness for Celadon, on a unit with a large shield.

Burning ones im not worried about though. Not unless they got an exceptionally nasty bless.
    They are 70 gold per head. And Garden Bellflower hits for 10 AP against 9 before berserk/bless.
    While Bulbasaur/Ivysaur are going to shoot right though both tower shield, berserk and bless.
    Garden Bellsprout Razor Leaves are just 9 AP so averaging 0 damage (less once berserk kicks in), and Bulbasaur Leech Seed is a whooping 1 damage average (the damage gets the random 2d6 added yes, but the defender still gets a protection roll of 2d6 even if their armor is ignored, meaning a 1 damage AN attack still has a significant change of bouncing off harmlessly). Burning ones have 23 HP, more than enough to tank plenty of those shots (even if you get 4 19 gold bulbasaurs per 70 gold burning one, they would need 6 almost perfect acuraccy volleys to take them out). Even basic EA Abyssian Infantry have 15 HP. If you can get Ivysaurs that's nastier, but as you said earlier you were going full Garden/heavy Bellsprouts and leather paras early game, not bulbasaurs.

But I'll bump the Garden Bellsprouts to 20 gold then just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Special Pokemon cover over the slightly more expensive ones like Excegcute, or whatever you get from recruitment sites.
    And yeah thats of course true. Regular bellsprout can likely still take a nice chunk of PD if you bring 30-40 of them.

But alright. Who would you rather i move to. One of the new nations?
    Or the Ninja nation, who seemingly struggles a little bit?
    Fuschia nation to keep going in order then, thank you.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2019-09-23 at 07:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."