View Single Post

Thread: On Hylgia Plane Shifting out

1. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: On Hylgia Plane Shifting out

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Zero View Post
    Indeed, if anything at all, a God, for example, should be only pleased to have one of his followers surviving the massacre, to spread his word (of the God, not of the follower) in the next world.
    No, they wouldn't.

Because the gods aren't moving a single finger to evacuate the mortals from the doomed world.

Thor could easily open a Gate to the other planes and evacuate the dwarves and other mortals. But instead nope, the gods are all "In case of doubt, KILL EVERYBODY!"

The Snarl must be kept secret.

The mortals must believe the gods supreme above everything.

And more important the mortals can't be allowed to realize they don't actually need the gods, their souls already go to their aligned planes by default anyway.

Any mortals that are allowed to survive with knowledge of the Snarl and that the gods aren't that supreme and that it's perfectly possible to live in other places besides whatever ball of dirt the gods come up with, that's just asking for trouble in the long run for the gods very survival.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2019-11-12 at 02:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."