Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
I have been toying with the idea of a all powers Stargate SG-1 themed game. Would there be interest in such a thing? I am envisioning utilizing a lot of 'factions' (Nox, Tok'ra, Tauri, Asgard, Tollan, Jaffa, Goa'uld, etc) that will variously have common goals and or powers, thus making it hard to tell just by the way people act/what power they have exactly who is town (a semi-known bastard mechanic). Obviously exactly how many factions will depend on how many people are interested and some of the powers will only be available if there are enough people to justify their use. I don't know how well it'll work, but it sounds interesting to me to try.
Sounds interesting to me. And the popularity of the Crazy Idea games makes me think that multiple factions wouldn't be a deterrent.

A big question, I think, would be if it's public how many factions exist and how much we know about their possible 'alliances'. E.g., it's make sense for the humans and the Asgardians to be both able to win.
If you wanted a mix of knowledge vs. ignorance, you could have some player cutoffs to determine how many factions exist, but which factions exist stays private. List the factions explicitly in the opening post -- including enough details so that knowledge of the series doesn't give too much of an advantage -- but keep private which factions actually enter into play. Well, probably beyond saying something like "at least the SG-1 team and the Goa'uld are in play."