View Single Post

Thread: "Fan Content" - question

1. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: "Fan Content" - question

I have to say, I'm particularly proud of the background for the URLs. (Erasing the Titan from the left of the title was relatively easy.) Since I don't know how to draw yet, I took a 250x60 section of the swirling water above the title and doubled it. I rotated one copy 180° counter-clockwise, positioned it to the left of the other copy and used the clone tool to make the two sides more similar in the middle.

Then, I used a big semi-transparent paintbrush -- alternately sampling the colors on each side -- to blend them together in the middle and used a thin white paintbrush to connect the lines. Finally, I sampled the dark green from behind the subtitle and repeatedly used a semi-transparent paintbucket in Hue mode until it was the right color.

All in all, it would've been a lot easier if I'd known how to just draw it myself.
    Last edited by Scientivore; 2007-07-10 at 06:23 PM.
    My avatar is a remix that I made of Prince Ansom. Resource credit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snag some Erfworld avatars and backgrounds, make some lolerfs and motivators (or demotivators), read my Erfworld fanmix, or check out my latest spotlight on an under-discussed webcomic: Head Trip (Scilight #13)!