Quote Originally Posted by zaei View Post
Everything starts to look like a nail, doesn't it?

I mean, come on. Perform isn't a class skill for Crusaders, and Max Ranks in Perform != Bard. The Crusader can't cast, the Crusader can't Skillmonkey, the Crusader can't sing. We know ToB is great, but telling me to play a warblade when I want to play a wizard is is little over the top. A more reasonable suggestion would be a Crusader/Bard/JPM, but it sounds like to OP already has Paladin levels.
Just pointing out an alternative way to represent the "Holy knight who happens to travel around singing/playing instruments" concept. An alternative way that happens to be better combat-wise. It's a relatively smaller leap than going from wizard to warblade, I'd say, though I assume you meant that as a hyperbole. Especially if, perhaps, you alter the fluff of some of the White Raven and Devoted Spirit maneuvers as "I'm singing while hitting him, inspiring courage in my allies" which is what bards are iconic for anyway (at least, as I've observed).

Quote Originally Posted by zaei
You make good points regarding MAD, but some of that can be reduced. You don't have to be hulking and muscle-bound to be a paladin. Depending on your level layout, skill points may or may not be a huge issue. You don't get Trapfinding regardless, so you are probably not the primary skillmonkey anyway. Also depending on your level progression, you may choose to mostly ignore Paladin casting and let your Wis lag behind a bit.

Now, you could pump dex, weapon finesse, grab the prereqs for Shadow Blade through Martial Study/Stance, and dump Str. Snowflake Wardance also helps with beating people. Arcane Strike has been mentioned.
I realize you don't have to be musclebound, but Smite Evil only works with melee weapons, barring the Ranged Smite Evil feat, so a good strength always helps. The Shadow Blade work around does work, however, though would require 3 feats. Probably worth it to reduce MAD, though.

Just want the poster to consider all his options. Slightly refluffed Crusader might work if he isn't attached to the spellcasting.