Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
I see why you chose Knowledge (history), but not why you didn't choose Knowledge (nature). Just curious, I'd think nature knowledge would be more easily acquired.
Well, the things I would expect the barbarian to know about nature is practical knowledge, which is covered under the Survival skill.

I guess I failed to be clear...I was wondering if you'd considered the possibility of simply making it an ability of all creatures, and making everything else SR related a bonus to it. I imagine anyone could do well to resist the spells of lower-level casters. (It'd make for a nice universal SR system too; everything has SR equal to its HD, the full-BAB classes get a +2 bonus, everyone qualifies for whatever boosting feat, etc. etc.)
That concept was the basis for the idea, but I wanted to incorporate something that is compatible with the current SR system/spells/creatures/class abilities while boosting them all slightly. I currently have no intention of overhauling all aspects of SR in the game at this time.

Oh, I understand that; but on the other hand accidents happen even if you take care. And given that you're retaining the AC/Str/Dex/HD bonuses (even though slowed), you're obviously still expecting the animal companion to participate in combat, which puts it at risk. I don't imagine you want druids to send their animal companions off to hide whenever combat comes.
Point taken.

Where is it? Perhaps I'm blind, but I looked through the last seven pages of the homebrew forum and didn't see such a thread.
Did you try the first page? :)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78270

Ahh. Well, only comment I have is: Gather Information, Knowledge (local), and Sense Motive are usually more city-oriented skills; not really well suited for a wilderness type (and indeed, the urban ranger variant gets those in lieu of some wilderness-oriented skills). Any particular reason those have been added?
I'm pretty much expanding the ranger flavor to include that variant. Also, I see Knowledge (local) to be anyone very knowledgable about the local area: something even woodsy ranger would be very good for. Finally, Sense Motive belongs on the skill list of any wisdom-oriented character, and is also pretty related to hunting and judging the claims of those you meet in your solitary emo travels through the woods cause nobody accepts you. :)