TheCleric
Spoiler
Show

Huh?

I thought that's what I posted, a "work over."

Anyway, the problems with the last action were:
• Declaring a new location. A relatively minor issue, but it works best to state the means and intent rather than claim a result.

• Declaring Extra Knowledge. Again not a major issue, but it helps to keep player and character knowledge somewhat separate.

• Setting conflict: In a game of cooperative story telling I'm happy to readjust the setting when it's not explicit, although some concessions may be requested to help keep the background and world mechanics smooth. Again, a minor issue.

Anyone of the above could have been hand-waved with minimal changes, but compound complicated issues quickly become complex major issues even if the initial pieces were all minor.

Advice for the future:
A) Take smaller steps: moving from outside a theater into a conversation inside a challenge booth halfway across the fair ground takes more than a single line of text.

B) Declare intents and direct actions. The less guess work and gray I read the more likely your attempts will meet clear success or memorable IC obstacles.

C) If you want to work something complex out, PM me. I check my PM's frequently and would be happy to work with you to achieve something you think is pure awesome.

Cac-kt
Half the crowd turns to look at you. The speaker looks confused for a moment, and looks at a bookish-scholar who only looks confused back. After a brief moment she says: "Ah, I'm not familiar with this 'Floundar.' That question would be better asked of either the marshals or the information department. Any other questions?"

(If you don't have any other questions the session ends 10 minutes later after a few of the other delegates ask for interpretations of obscure legal codes or recent rulings against others in their business.)

Hallia
Between your stained map and and a few friendly gossips you soon find your way to the Barrel Shootout.

Alexis
"Oh, its just on the other side of the Central Plaza, South East corner."

Hallia and Alexis

You soon come a cross a big sign. It looks like you found the place.
Bucking Barrel Shootout
Try for 4sp or view for 2cp!
Grand Prizes: Free Attendance or Participation at Olympic Trial Obstacle Courses plus commemorative dart.
Standard Prize: Dart only.
Grand prize awarded for breaking all 3 pots, standard for breaking two. Limit one prize per individual. Maximum 2 tries allowed to achieve grand prize. Viewing limited to two attempts per purchase.