Spoiler
Show
You'd be "nice" too if you had to put up with Atris 24/7. And it's easier to stomach than her comparing anything and everything to battle in the games. Dance? Like fighting. Love? Like fighting. Pretty much anything else? It's just like fighting. Need to know anything about a person? Watch them fight.

The wise martial artist schtick gets tedious.

Her face, which has been seemingly set in stone since you first saw her, breaks its held expression for the first time. Something like shock seems to pass through her, the shock of realizing that without Atris around, she has no higher authority to rely on. She is in command, for the first time ever, and it terrifies her.

"I-I suppose it is,"
she says. There is a somewhat long pause while she thinks things over. Luckily, and perhaps surprisingly, Carth says nothing inappropriate during this break in the conversation.

"I will summon the handmaidens. You will find a pilot who's sober. We will go ask Mandalore if he has anything to do with this."

Spoiler
Show
I know it looks like I'm being hard on poor Carth here, but he'll get his moment to shine. Just you wait.