View Single Post

Thread: Stalker - ToB Skillmonkey base class

1. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Stalker - ToB Skillmonkey base class

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    I'd halve the sneak attack progression AND halve the initiator level progression. Then I'd give it access to all nine schools.
    Now that WOULD be overpowered...

Really, what are you going for here? If you keep full sneak attack progression, you can't give it much more than the rogue already has without making it rediculously overpowered. If one hand giveth abilities, the other must take away sneak attack (or skill points, but this is supposed to be a skillmonkey... I guess you could drop the HD like a rock to d4's?)
    Basically, I'm trying to make a ToB 'skillmonkey' class. It's supposed to be on par with other Initiator classes, which already punk all 'base' melee classes. Compare, if you will, Fighter vs Warblade.

But, seriously, this is a rogue a scout and a warblade in the same class. O_O
    No, it is not. It does not have access to Iron Heart Cheeze, or Tombstone Strike, or many of the other things that Warblades get most of their power out of. It does NOT get UMD, which is a staple Rogue cheeze skill.

Is it more powerful than straight rogue? Other than UMD cheeze to be a 'Batman Wizard lite', yes. It's supposed to be. It's supposed to keep up with ToB classes, which are considerabally more powerful than base classes.

However, I have removed Diamond Mind and Desert Wind, in an attempt to balance it. It only has TWO disciplines to initiate from: Shadow Hand and Tiger Claw, the least of any base ToB class. It doesn't have any disciplines unique to it either. I've also reduced HD to d6
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2008-11-12 at 09:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora