1. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Shippingitp IV: Flattery Will Get You EVERYWHERE

Where in the Palace could Rabbit be?

starring Nil, Mordokai, the villians, and someone special, and HappyTurtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

He was a man good man with a good heart, and I shall remember him always.

A light rain fell as Nil stood at the podium. He had just finished giving his eulogy for Cristo. What happened that could of caused someone to kill Cristo? Had Cristo been found out? Impossible. Or maybe? Nil was confused, and unsure.

Nil sighed. Things were not going the way he wanted them to.

He shook hands with many members of the palace. Soon, the coffin was closed and lowered into the Earth. Dirt was then piled on top of Cristo. Nil watched for a moment, then turned his back and left. He would find out whoever was responsible for Cristo's death and make them pay. He clenched his hand into a fist.

He stood from afar, watching them bury Cristo. His face impassive. He hurt on the inside, but refused to show it. This was not a time where he could show weakness.

Mordokai came, and stood beside him.

I'm sorry for your loss Nil. he said.

Nil nodded but kept silent.

Mordokai stood beside him, silent as well.

You know he saved me one time. breaking the odd silence.

From what?

I promised my wife that I would be home early to help out with some chores, and forgot about it. Instead, I hung out with Cristo and some other people at the bar. Cristo walked home with me, and that is when my wife started going off on me.

Cristo intervened though. He told her what a good man I was, and how lucky she was to have me as a husband. He also told her how I helped saved him from some burglars, and he was so grateful, he bought me drinks on him.

Suprsied her so much, she shut her mouth and went inside.

I never did say thank you to him for that.
    he said, smiling slightly.

Nil smiled as well. He was a good man. It was tragic that he had to die like this.

Do you know who did it sir?

No. Nil said, shaking his head slightly.

You might wish to get inside before the heavy rains come. It wouldn't do good to be caught out in them. Might catch a cold. I must go now. Have other duties to attend to. Goodbye sir.

Goodbye Mordokai. Nil said, still not taking his eyes off the hole in the ground. Nil sat down on a nearby bench and thought. He remained there for a hwile, even after everyone had left, even the gravedigger.

He sighed. What was he going to do now?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    As the funeral service was being performed, Magtok, Reinholdt, Helgraf, Mangsta71, and Recaiden headed towards HappyTurtle's room. Mangosta71 carried a large bag over his shoulder.

Magtok opened the door and entered without knocking. Reinholdt and Helgraf followed him.

Happy looked up from her desk for being so rudely interrupted. When she saw Magtok, she stood.

What is the maning of this? she asked.

Sit down. Magtok said. When she didn't, Reinholdt and Helgraf went by her side and pushed her back into the seat.

Now Happy. I have a proposition for you. Sign this. he said holding out a piece of paper.

Happy glared at him and then took the paper out of his hands. Her face paled. Surely you must be joking she said reading the paper over. I will not accept this.

I have ways of making you change your mind. Mangosta71. Come in here and give her our present.

Mangosta71 made his way, and dumped the large sack none too lightly onto her table. He then took the zipper and opened it. Here you go.

Happy's face paled even more.

Lex-kat was breathing heavily in the bag, alive but unconscious.

I'll keep Rabbit for now, but consider that a consolation prize from me. And if you don't sign that paper, Rabbit dies.

Happy looked at Magtok, then once again looked back at Lex-kat. Dear God, they were alive. Tears streamed down her face.

I'll give you until tomorrow to decide. Magtok turned to leave. Oh and if you tell anyone about this meeting, or even give someone a hint about it. Rabbit dies period. Reinholdt will do it, no doubt about it So I think it is inour best interest if no one is to know about it. Agreed?

Happy stared blankly ahead, but nooded slightly.

Good Magtok said. He signaled the rest out and closed the door behind him, leaving Happy alone with Lex-kat.

enjoy. second part to this coming as well.

List of Fics:
    Spoiler
    Show

What is Right and Wrong.(Nil, Happyturtle, Mordokai. Mention Lex-kat, RHL)

Spoiler
    Show

Nil sat at behind his desk, dipping his feather in ink again. He had been writing since morning, and his hand was starting to ache, but he kept at it. A knock at the door interrupted his thoughts.

Come in. he said.

Mordokai entered, his white armor well-polished, and his helmet in his hand.

She has arrived. he said simply.

Nil sighed. Putting the ink and letter away, he stood up and pushed the chair back. All the while Mordokai watched him silently. Nil reached for his cloak and put it on.

Sir. If you don't wish to tell her, I can.

It is my duty as Commander to tell her Mordokai, and as such, I will tell her. I thank you for the offer though my friend. Come let us go.

With that, Mordokai put on his helmet and followed Nil. The palace was alive with servants rushing about. Most ignored the two. Other warriors saluted Nil and Mordokai when they passed by. Nil ignored them. He was trying to organize his thoughts.

They passed through many hallways and rooms, with Nil leading. Finally, they reached their destination. Pushing open the door, Nil and Mordokai entered. Happyturtle was standing there, and turned at the sound of their entry.

Nil motioned the servants to leave, and stayed silent until the last one to leave closed the doors behind them.

Happy he said, not sure how to start.

Did you find them? she asked, her eyes tinged with red. She had been crying again.

Nil sighed. Best just to tell her directly he thought. We found their bodies outside of the town thrown in a ditch. They were murdered.

Happy's face was shocked, and then she burst out crying. Mordokai reached out to her and hugged her, comforting her.

I'm sorry for your loss. With that, he turned and left the room, leaving Mordokai alone with Happyturtle.

To Gain an Ally
    starring Wolfbane and Saint Nil

Spoiler
    Show

Nil rubbed his forehead as he walked away from the room. He could hear her wailing inside of it. He hadn't been looking forward to this.

Sighing he hurried towards the dungeons. He had do to something before it became apprent he was missing.

Walking through the palace, servants hurried out of the way seeing the frown on his face. Nil didn't even see them. He was thinking again. He had been doing that a lot lately.

He found the entrance and went down the steps. After going down a few levels, he finally entered a hallway. The walls were made of stone, and torches were set into bracers, giving him light. He approached the guard on duty.

The guard jumped to his feet quickly and saluted, but Nil told it it was ok. He asked for a moment alone with the prisoners. No one was to come in.

The guard nodded and Nil entered. He took the key rack of its hook and proceeded to find the key he needed. After finding it, he opened the door, and entered a special area of the castle. He strode to the first cell and looked in.

Inside, Wolfbane was chained to the wall.

Hello Wolfbane. Nil said.

Wolfbane looked up seeing he had a vistor. He smiled when he saw it was Nil.

How have you been doing Wolfbane? Nil asked.

Wolfbane coughed for a few seconds before replying.

How do you think I am if you were chained to a wall day and night? he asked.

Not so good I suppose.

Well then. You have you answer don't you. he snarled.

Wolfbane. Nil sighed. Why did you do it?

Wolfbane smiled. I already told you. For fun.

You're lieing to me! Nil shouted as he hit the bars with his fist.

So you say.

Nil frowned at him for a moment. He then shook his head. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a key and tossed it into Wolfbane's cell.

Wolfbane looked at the key for a moment then back at Nil, a frown on his face.

You'll find that useful tonight. I suggest you get out while you still have the chance.

With that, Nil left the cell and locked the door behind him. He patted the guard on the way out and told him what a fine job he was doing. He then headed back to his room.

One Fall After Another
    Starring Saint Nil, Wolfbane, some random person, and Mordokai.

Spoiler
    Show

Nil hurried through the halls now. His mind was on other things and he wanted to finish that later. He reached his room and turned the handle before stopping.

Looking down at his feet, he noticed a shadow underneath the door. Someone was inside. He then realized that his guards were nowhere to be seen. Something was wrong. Very wrong. He silently drew his sword, then kicked open the door.

Boom!

Entering with his sword drawn, Nil slashed at the person to his left.

A cry of pain could be heard by the assassin.

Not giving him any chances, Nil swung his sword around and stabbed the man in his gut, killing him. He then turned to the other man.

Nil charged him as he regained his senses. The assassin barely brought his dagger up in time to stop a deadly blow. Nil used his advantage and pressed the man, pushing him towards the wall. Unfortunately, the assassin's leg stumbled over some object, and he went sprawling to the floor, dragging Nil down with him.

The assassin, seeing his chance, tried to stab Nil. No doubt the blade was posioned Nil thought. Thinking quickly, Nil let go of his own sword and grabbed the man's wrist with both of his hands.

But the assassin didn't give up yet. Using his weight, he pushed down on the dagger, towards Nil's chest.

Nil fought with his anger now, and with a mighty yell, pushed the assassin off of him. Getting and grabbing his sword, he turned to face the assassin, only to see him running out the door.

Nil followed quickly, not giving the chase up.

The assassin, seeing Nil run after him, fled for his life. Bumping into servants and tossing them to the ground. Nil dodged them easily. As the assassin rounded the corner, he saw a fork up ahead. As he reached it, he was unsure of where to go.

Nil, seeing his chance, jumped at the man and tackled him to the floor. Nil, using his weight to his advantage, manged to get on top of the man, only to find him dead. His own dagger had stabbed him.

Sighing regretfully, Nil got off and dusted himself off.

Seeing Mordokai run up the stairs, he tossed him his bloodstained cloak.

I'm going out tonight. Have my room ready for me when I get back please.

Mordokai only nodded.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Clang! Wolfbane opened an eye. The guards had just finished checking on him and changed shifts. It was time. Using the key given by Nil, he unlocked his chains, and then unlocked his cell.

Proceeding to the door, he lsitened for a moment to make sure no one was out there still, and quietly opened the door. 30 years of not oiling a door though tends to make a loud noise.

Hoping no one heard him, he proceeded quietly to the main door. Peeking through the window, Wolfbane saw the guard on duty with his back to him. He quickly opened the door, and grabbed the man by his throat, choking off his shout.

Moments later, the man lay unconscious on the ground. Stealing the man's armor, Wolfbane disguised himself. He twirled the sword in his hand, testing its balance and strength. Not what he preferred, but it would have to do.

He made his way through the castle, getting lost a few times, but managed to get out after half an hour.

It was then that he spotted Nil also making his way out of the castle. Smiling at his luck, Wolfbane hid in the shadows and followed him.

The Clock Turns
    starring lots of people.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nil entered The Wandering Woman. He took an empty seat in a booth. This early at night, the place was empty, but it would soon become crowded. Sighing he placed his hands on his head and drummed his fingers.

Wolfbane entered the bar a few minutes after Nil. Seeing him just sitting there, he grabbed two mugs of something off a tray and headed for Nil. The server glared at him, but went back to get some more.

Placing a cup in front of Nil, Wolfbane sat down on the opposite side. Seeing the cup, Nil took a swig of it.

Then he looked at Wolfbane.

You're out earlier than i expected.

By midnight, they will know I'm gone. That's when the shift changes.

Nil only stared at him. Wolfbane kept quiet for a moment as well, sipping his ale. Finally he spoke again.

I didn't betray you that time.

Then who did? Nil asked, anger rising in his voice.

I don't know...

You betrayed me once before, so I wouldn't expect anything less of you! he said his face trying to remain calm but failing.

Wolfbane's voice also rose with anger I screwed up the first time all right! That doesn't mean I did it the second time!

Nil stared at him for a long moment, before chugging the rest of his ale and asking the waitress for another one.

Sighing he spoke quite calmly again.

What happened in the past is the past. Whether or not you did it doesn't make a difference anymore. Thousands of my men died that night. I hope you can live with that.

But I didn't bust you out just to chat about that. I need your help.

What kind of help? he asked cautiously.

I need you to find someone for me, and too deliver a letter.

May I know who this person is, and where I might find them?

She lives in the woods, and you won't find her, she will find you.

Sighing, Wolfbane held his hand out for the letter, which Nil passed over.

The two then chatted through the night.
    --------------------------------------------
    The fool knows nothing! Reinholdt hissed through his teeth.

And yet your assassins failed to kill him. Why is that? Mangosta71 asked quite calmly.

They were hired mercenaries. Disposable. I never expected them to suceed, and if they did, well then that would have been all the better.

Stop your bickering you two. Nil has no idea who he is dealing with. When the time is right, that is when we will strike. Magtok said.

The door busted open and Helgraf came walking in.

You're late. Magtok said.

I apoligize. Helgraf said bowing humbly. You see, there was this beautiful lady walking down a hall, and I couldn't resist her. We went to her room and...

Enough! Magtok said. Do not let it happen again!

Of course. Helgraf said, bowing once more and taking a seat.

We must do something about Nil. If he finds out our plan, he could have all of us hanged. Recaiden stated.

Do not worry about Nil. I will deal with him when the time is right. Just make sure you do what you are meant to do. Nothing more, nothing else.

With that, they went back to their regular duties.

Disguises are Decieving
    starring Cristo, Nil and Mordokai
    Spoiler
    Show

Nil groaned. Who was shaking him. Turning over, he looked up into the bright light and covered his eyes with his hand, graoning once more. A chuckle could be heard.

Mordokai? Is that you?

It is sir. he said smiling.

Nil groaned and got up, untangling himself from the sheets. He rubbed his forehead before orinetating himself with his surrondings. He was back in his room.

How'd I get here Mordokai? He asked, quite puzzled.

Mordokai smiled even more. I brought you home sir.

Oh God. Please tell me no one else knows.

The whole palace knows of your shenanigan from last night. Espcially the troops. They never knew that their commandeer could drink like the devil.

Did I do anything I regret?

I believe you're better off not knowing sir.

Nil only grunted in response. He took it slowly getting ready. His head still hurt from last night.

Later on, about an hour later, Nil finally left his room. He had eaten a large breakfast and drank plenty of water. He was ready for the day.

What time is it Mordokai? he asked.

Almost noon sir.

You let me sleep in so late!? he aked, quite astounded.

We tried waking you up earlier sir, but you kept saying five more minutes. We gave up after a while.

Nil only shook his head. Just then Cristo Meyers rounded the corner.

Good morning to you Nil. Cristo said. I hope you enjoyed yourself last night and aren't regretting it this morning.

Mordokai, I need to talk alone with Cristo for the moment. I can handle myself for now.

Very well sir. Mordokai said, putting his helmet on and leaving.

You know Cristo said, I could make a good story about how you are able to put three men under and still remain standing. Although I do believe I have to raise that number higher. Stories always sound better when the feat accomplished has such high numbers. Maybe go with eleven? he said, musing more to himself then to Nil.

Be quiet Cristo. Nil said. I haven't come here to hear you gossip like a woman. Lowering his voice he said, What did you find out?

Cristo looked around for a moment before his face becoming serious as well. From what I hear, the rumors are Magtok is behind it.

Nil frowned. Can you give me anything else? Any proof. I need proof Cristo, not rumors.

Cristo held his hands up helplessly. That is all I have for now. I'll try and find out more. Until then, try not to take off your clothes when you are at a bar. With that, he walked away, winking at Nil.

Nil only shook his head. He was going to regret last night. He knew it.

He Makes an Excellent Bard, but a Crappy Spy

starring Cristo, Magtok, Nil, Reinholdt, and Helgraf
    Spoiler
    Show

Cristo walked away humming to himself. He was in a good mood, and he consdiered making a story about Nil's actions. He grinned mischievously to himself. It would make for a good story he thought.

That's when he heard a muffled voice shouting. It sounded awfully familiar.

With his curiosity getting the better of him, he investigated. Drawing closer to the source, Cristo recognized the voice. It was Magtok shouting.

Cristo became curious and cautious now. What was a man like Magtok doing in the servants quarters. Up to no good as always no doubt.

Creeping closer, Cristo put his ear to the door to make out the words.

What about our two prisoners? Recaiden asked We have to do something with them. Can't keep them there forever. Someone is bound to find them.

Don't worry about them for now. Magtok said. They are more useful alive to us then dead. So they live for now.

But I do get to kill them right? Reinholdt ask.

Yes. yes. We already went through this Reinholdt. You will get to kill them when the time is right.

Excellent. he said, curling his fingers and smiling.

Has anyone seen Helgraf!? Damn that man! Always being late!

Cristo turned to leave only to get a boot in the face. Stumbling against the door, he opened it and fell through and went sprawling onto the floor. Helgraf stood above him, smiling slightly.

See Magtok. Good thing I came late again. I found a snake. he said, looking at Cristo.

Well well. Magtok said, coming over to stand next to Cristo. Look what we have here. A bard. A stupid bard at that.

Hey! I'm not stupid! I'll have you Omph!

Helgraf kicked Cristo again.

What do we do with him? he asked.

Oh. I have an idea. Magtok said, smiling slightly.
    ------------------------------------------
    Later on that day screams could be heard rising from the courtyard. Hearing them from his room, Nil went to go check it out. His face paled as he saw Cristo laying there on the floor. His lifeless body unmoving, and the cement cracked from where he landed.

Where in the Palace could Rabbit be? (seen above)

Left for Dead
    The Mind Trap
    The Path of Fate or Faith?
    How Late is too Late?
    He's Not A Very Happy Drunk
    Till Death Do Us Part
    Infiltration
    A Battle Begins
    The Real Fight has Just Begun
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-12-18 at 11:44 PM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.