Quote Originally Posted by Temp. View Post
I like the idea, but I have echo one question from the second page: Why not Beguiler?

It seems that the benefits of Bard over Beguiler are improved BAB, Bardic Music buffs and Suggestion. Neither Base Attack or the buffs is going to matter and Suggestion can be replaced by a spell.

The Beguiler has more skill points, has a more spontaneous form of casting and has more spell uses per day.

If you want to match the Beguiler's casting with Sublime Chord or Lyric Thaumaturge, you only fall further behind in skills. If you want to multiclass to match it in skills (I can't think of an 8+Int full casting PrC), you fall even further behind in casting.

The character's abilities would generally remain the same, but Beguiler advances to bigger and better powers more quickly.

...Just a thought.
That said, I'm probably going to contradict myself by going the opposite direction and use your idea, substituting Lurk for Bard.
First off, because the Joker Bard does 99% of his stuff without magic. And Second, because of Glibness. It's Bard only, not Sorc/Wiz, so Beguilers can't get it. Being able to lie and get away with it, even under Compel Truth and Zone of Truth is absolutely critical for this build.

Bards get just as many skills as Beguilers do, both are 6+ Int mod. How does he end up with fewer skills as a Bard?

You also get Bardic Knowledge, which the Joker Bard uses to keep tabs on what the Party is doing, which the Beguiler has no way to duplicate.

Again, this is a guy who can, with 10 minutes of RP and not a single spell, can change a man's morale compass so completely that he goes from Harvey Dent to Two Face. Can your beguiler even begin to match that?