Funerals
starring Happy, Lex, Draco, Mordokai, and Mangosta
Spoiler
Show

The funeral procession made its way thourgh the streets carrying two coffins. The town watched silently. By morning, everyone had none of the rebellion in the Queen's palace. Wiold rumors floated the streets, as no one was exactly sure on what happened. In the end though: people died. Important people, and that was enough for them to give their respects to the dead.

The procession had started through morning, and the Queen's gaurd led it. It had started at sunrise, and went throughout the town. Shops were closed. Peddlers closed their stands. Most people watched from their windows or rooftops, keeping the streets clear.

It was noon by the time they reached the palace gates.

A storm is brewing. Lex-kat said to no one in particular, shuffling her feet.

Then it would be best we proceed straight to the funeral. a voice said. Lex-kat turned around to see Happy standing behind her. She came forward and watched the procession besides Lex-kat.

He was a good man, with a good heart. Happy said. He saved us all. For that, he has my gratitude.

I miss him terribly. Lex-kat said. It's just not the same without him. The world seems so much colder already.

We must endure on. Happy said. It would shame him if we gave up now. After all of his sacrifices.

Lex-kat only nodded, and continued watching.

PArt of the ceremony was skipped, due to the incoming storm, and Happy spoke a moving speech for the two paladins. When she finished, she kissed both Nil and Wolfbane on the cheecks. Everyone came up and either saluted, nodded, or cried as they passed by. In the end, the coffins were lowered, and the two men buried side by side.

With that, Happy returned to her duties as Queen. She still needed to find Mordokai, who oddly, had gone missing. His body was never found, so no one knew if he was dead or not.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Mordokai watched from far off as the buried Nil and Wolfbane. He felt a touc of sadness and pain in his heart as he remembered them. Then he wiped away those feelings. He and Mangosta walked side by side.

So what now? Mordokai asked him.

We recruit new men. Mangosta replied. We cannot undo what has been done. So we must plan anew. It seems that Magtok failed.

Mordokai smiled at the man. We? he asked him. There is no we. Mangosta turned to look at him, a confused lookk on his face. He saw Mordokai's blade slash at him.

Later on, during the afternoon, the guards found the body and informed Happy. Happy frowned as she made out tracks leading away from the murder. A guard shouted, and everyone ran over. LAid down by the tree was a white cloak and armor. Happy recognized it as Mordokai's.

She ordered a full search of the town, but by then, Mordokai had already left, but not alone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Draco Slayer walked around in the garden, not quite feeling herself. She had killed a man. HER! Of all people! She walked along, with maids attending to her, and guards behind them. She shuddred once more as she remember the feeling. She couldn't help but tremble as she remembered the feeling, the pleasure of killing. She clenched her fist tight. She wanted to forget it, but she couldn't. It was stuck on her mind.

She trembled once more. Then she heard the voice. Come with me, and we can do much together. All you have to do is take my hand. A figure materialized in front of her, a man. She looked around at the guards and maids, but no one seemed to pay any attention to him.

Come to me. the voice whispered again. Draco reached out and took its hand. Her world was filled with darkness, and she dissapeared.

enjoy.