1. - Top - End - #304
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Jude's Judgmental Jugular Jab and Jibber Jabbery Random Banter #115

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    This makes me laugh. I hope it wasn't on purpose.
    Not really, as much as I wiish I coul say it was, it isn't.
    I'm battling a really severe headache verging on migraine that I've had for a few hours now and is making my a bit careless and more prone to being weird.
    Hence my sudden acquisition of a paladin class feature that I don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    To be honest, my attention was just caught by the title.
    Many times I have been caught the same way. Normally ends up well.

Right. And I'd totally lend it to you after reading it myself, were it not for the inconveniently large distance between Newcastle and Cornwall.
    I know. Shame really, but I'm bettin some people living in ridiculously large countries are reading this and thinking: 'it can't be more than six hundred miles. I could travel that in a day.'
    Silly perspectives.

Well, me being a science-y person it seemed like something I should have.
    Perception and expectations aren't everything.

Apparently, 'This selection offers a cross-section of his writings, organised around coherent themes.'
    So it's a bit bull really. Just oddments. Still, ncie to see the thoughts of a genius.

Well it is supposed to be a classic.
    It's wonderful.

Ditto. Also I have a vague recollection of Shadow mentioning it in American Gods, hence interest.
    Was it? Well, I haven't actually read American Gods yet. But, I have read most of his novels and some of his short stories. The Problem With Susan is disturbing and creepy.
    An it's definitely a classic.

Faustus was the only play of his I'd heard of until I got this book. I won't know if I'd recommend it until I read it.
    I quite possibly would like that. And so my list of books to get is extended once more.
    Wikimapedia says this; and this site has the play etext if you want a swift browse. Many good quotations.
    And lists of books exist to grow rapidly.

Not bad for £30, I feel. Yay for Blackwell's half price on Oxford World's Classics. Though these were only 7 of the around 70 books I was interested in from that offer (And that was me trying to restrict myself a bit too).
    My comment regarding lending of Flowers Of Evil applies equally to the other books.
    Nice. And it's always a problem trying to pick books. Normally if I want to buy a brand new book I'm stuck trying to pick out of . . . twenty to forty usually. Not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by eidreff View Post
    @Curly:

You made me go read an article tho' which can only improvalize my writing.
    *cries quietly in a corner*
    Headachey, grammar induced pain. No!
    And really, an article?
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-02-13 at 06:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!