@Fred: snarky SnarlKoorly/LiteraryKoorly came to the front. She's picky when it comes to literary movements. And I have seen famous authors write something similar to that.
And it was silly you made the same mistake in less than eighteen hours.
POV: yes, it's abstract, but any particular character riving it?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
Happily I never had to study Romantic poetry, I just read it in my own time. I'm sure it's pretty easy to analyse though, it's very structured and thematic which is really the recipe for easy literary criticism. But being easy to analyse doesn't mean I have to like it. I got full marks for my A-Level exam on Frankenstein (Romanticism in novel form!) but I maintain that it's one of the worst novels I've ever read. It's always struck me as perhaps 10 pages of decent writing with the rest being Mary Shelley going "Gosh, aren't mountains pretty?", which may partly be excused by the fact that it was a short story she made longer but it's still dull. [/Rant]
I love the stuff.
And it's true about the easy thing. I can't abide by modern poetry and people say it's easy. So . . . so . . . so!
Frankenstein's a good book, but it'd definitely be a lot better is she axed or at least halved some, if not all, the nature scenes. I can see the dullness though; the actual pace didn't pick up until roughly half way through if I remember correctly.
This years AS students (new syllabus) are doin g Frankenstein; but comparing it to another book of their choice from that genre out of a choice of Dracula, Dorian Gray, Wuthering Heights (I think) and another one.
That'd be quite cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
Congrats on the tutoring! Hope it goes well. I guess you're tutoring English?
English Language, English Literature and French. For the middle one I'd need the texts a week or so before I got down to the teaching. I'm not sure of proper tutor - y charges, so it's £5 - 7 an hour. Quite reasonable I think.

And I have the freakiest homework I only just remembered I had to do today. It's in French. ABout a picture and article about a Muslim Barbie.
No in - depth discussion. Just odd as homework yes?

@Kaela: any reason for the hug? *hugs back*