Quote Originally Posted by Grifthin View Post
I plan on letting them make several survival checks etc, while travelling to see if they scrounge up enough food. However one Idea I have had is them stumbling into a neutral evil Druid's Grove and being hunted for sport. After this happens however where do I take them from there ? Any idea's that can happen to them on their epic journey to the north ? Thanks in advance.
If you're aiming to reproduce "The most dangerous game" it should definitely be a ranger I think. Two, he should even have them over to dinner the night before he starts hunting them (At dawn they're out the door while he chills in the parlor, at sunset he starts following). Make it a set of encounters. 1st is hunting animals, if the party survives and kills his pets, he says 'Good show' and leaves them for a few hours.
2nd encounter, a bunch of minions are beating the bushes for him (similar to foxhunts where one hunter has about 20 servants).
3rd, could be the ranger himself. Perhaps by then the PCs have even decided to take the fight to him.

A final surprise encounter, when leaving his demesne, they're attacked by druids/treants whatever, who think the party is a group of servants of the evil ranger, whom they've been keeping penned inside his valley for sometime.