Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
Wow. In terms of first cousins + close honourary cousins we have a couple clumps. There's 19 (me), 17, 17, 16, 15. And then the middle bunch are 13, 13, 13, 12, 12, 11, 10, 10, 10, 9, 9. And then 7, 7, 6, and 4. But we all live in different places and only two of my cousins go to school. (As we were discussing today, this is my mother's fault; she has the oldest children and because of her, all her sisters-in-law homeschool. The family of honourary cousins don't, though, nor does my mum's sister.)
Big families lead for strangeness.
F'rinstance, not including my second cousins or great-grandchildren I'm the fifth youngest person on the maternal side, with the other four being my siblings and one cousin who is, I kid you not, merely four days older than Little Sister. In the same form too.
It's iust odd because all my maternal aunts, uncles, mum and cousins (excepting those who lived up country) all went to the same secondary school I did.
Except my two uncles who got into grammar school.
ANd all my paternal aunts, uncles, dad and cousins all went to the other secondary school in the area.
This pattern has only deviated for two local cousins.
We're a weird family.

Oh yes.

I have this horrible horrible memory of about two years ago getting into an all-out screaming fight with my oldest brother (then 15). It got to the point where we were standing in the kitchen and I was threatening to throw a chair at his head, screaming my head off, and then I heard a noise behind me. Turned around. Littlest brother, then age 4, was standing there and as I watched these two big fat tears rolled down his face and he began to sob.

I have never felt so terrible into my life. And that was the last time I had an out-and-out screaming/physical fight with any of my siblings.

But the sugary still sometimes happens.
Ohvey, I get the guilt too. Stupid crushing moutain of guilt for righteous anger. I suppose I have more leeway when it comes to guiltless shouting as we're all so close in age, and we're a shouty family.
But put the tears on and I crumble like a sandcastle at the rising tide.
However, the sugar is a much more effective way to get things done. That or iust assume point blank they'e going to do it - it works surprisingly often.

I'm extremely glad you agree with me on this subject.

Also, we now have a 2:3 girl:boy ratio. 3:4 if you count the parents. Which ain't bad really.
True.
If you include our pets it's 5:4 boy:girl.
I'm lobbying for another cat (female) to bring the balance back up.
Plus perfect symmetry.
One mum and one dad.
Two girls - the eldest and youngest.
Two boys - second eldest and second youngest.
One female cat (hopefully another one soon)
Two male dogs.