View Single Post

Thread: Amazing Gestalt combinations!

1. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Amazing Gestalt combinations!

Why hasn't anyone mentioned StP Erudite//Factotum yet?

Warlock//Anything is a favorite of mine.

Several classes fit there nicely, Sorcerer has good fluff and crunch reasons to be there, Bard or Beguiler are also fun, specially for a diplomancer, Cleric can work, though it gets a little MAD, and Rogue is always awesome. Dread Necro is also fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    I don't get why people say the monk is MAD. Many martial classes need a mental stat as a secondary stat. Warblades, for example, have some abilities that require a bit of INT. It's just that you don't get a whole lot out of being a monk . Paladin, on the other hand, is MADder than a hatter, needing physical stats + _2_ mental stats.
    I'm putting my response in spoiler because I don't want to turn this into a Monk conversation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Monk is MAD. They need Str to hit, or at least to hurt, they need Dex to dodge, Con to be healthy, and Wis to dodge. That's pretty much MAD. Plus, I think they have an ability based off Cha. Paladins may need Wis and Cha, but they can dump Dex, somewhat, since they can at least wear armor, and with the ability to use some spells and magic weapons, the paladin doesn't really need to worry about their Str for damage quite as much.
    Last edited by Jallorn; 2010-10-02 at 12:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show