View Single Post

Thread: Giving people things they don't want.

1. - Top - End - #25
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Giving people things they don't want.

It's called spam; Monty Python has a sketch on that Just say "No spam" and you'll get a lot of it!

Honestly, I recall never advising someone to play a Wizard if they state they have a class preference. At most I might mention a class that's exactly the same fluff-wise with a slightly different set of abilities (e.g. Monk vs. Unarmed Swordsage).

If someone comes on the forums and asks how to maximize your X by level Y, well, the answer is usually a Wizard since that's the easiest (and sometimes the only) way. But honestly, how often is someone who asked for advice on how to build character X or class X told to play Wizard instead? 'cause I don't remember many instances of that happening.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-10-18 at 01:02 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.