Quote Originally Posted by Iamyourking View Post
Very impressive, I think I'll make a few of those after I finish the Virtue; although I would put Sword Archons in with the Protectors rather than the rulers. Perhaps the other duty of the Foxhounds could be counter-insurrgency and the Harbingers could handle mortal relations?
1) Feel free to make some if you want, though I'd make sure we hammer everything out at the higher level before we start working on individual archons.

2) Hmm. Sword might make a good Warden, since there's already plans for a Shield, and that would open the top slot for a more thematic one. Good idea. Any ideas for a replacement?

3) I like the harbinger ideas, though "counter-insurgency" sounds a bit too much like an archon policing other archons. Perhaps something like "mortal aid" or the like. I'll think about it.

Also, I've brought this up a few times and never gotten a response. Can we change the name of the Throne Archon so I can use Throne for the last of my High Castes? My theory here is that I like the concept of a council of Thrones acting as the legislative body, and changing the Throne Archon to the Crown Archon would be more thematic with your Sceptre variant.
Hmm. If we're moving Sword around, then a Throne/Crown/Scepter trio would work very nicely, and moving Throne around would muck that up a bit. If you can think of a good replacement for Throne that could work, but coming up with another name for the High Caste might work better--after all, there are other sorts of angels to use for that, and thrones are almost as iconic as solars, balors, and pit fiends.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
For the Trumpet:
There should be a variety of messenger archon, which would fit this very well. The sign of the post, at least here, is a horn, so that fits.
Then, I was thinking of the horns of Jericho. Trumpets as sonic weapons.
The Herald was going to be the messenger one, unless you can think of a duty for the Herald that would be different than a messenger. For the blasting horns one...something like "announcer" but more medieval-sounding could work.

The Warden:
The classical guardian angel? A variety that is mostly unseen (veiled? disguised? Invisible?) and is sent to protect important mortals. It's said that it's the main modus operandi for Eladrin, but can see this work here.
Then, an Archon tasked with guarding evil artefacts, so that no one may use them.
Another one to man the citadels, walls and gates of celestia.
I was thinking the Watcher would be the guardian-angel type, and the Shield would be the Celestia defender type. The evil-watching one is good, though I can't think of a good name at the moment.

Life: where's that one from and what was the idea?
Out of thin air; like I mentioned, a variation on the "Way, Truth, and Life" quote gave me the idea. Their theme is that while Truth is all about separating good from evil and Word is all about bringing divine power to bear, Life is all about life's journey--reincarnation, summoning fallen heroes/petitioners/etc., and so on. When it comes to enlightenment, Word persuades, Truth judges, and Life gives second chances.

Blade: these should be Celestias greatest warriors, of course. Different combat styles for varieties, then, but I have difficulties coming up with two that are general enough and not already covered by others. An armed and an unarmed archon?
Now that Sword is going under Warden, we have 3 or 4 styles to work with instead of just 2. Any ideas for a good 3-way or 4-way division?

Also, I noticed there's no real ranged combat anywhere among these. Just a thought. Then, healers are necessary, these probably fit to Life. Earlier, a seer-themed archon for Earathol was mentioned, that's another thought, and an unarmed monk archon. Also, an ascetic archon, perhaps?
Obviously I haven't gotten to the point of exact descriptions and tactics, but there's plenty of room for ranged stuff. The Sentinels all have eye rays (modeled on the Owl's petrification rays), the Lanterns have light rays, the Words are caster types, and the Hounds (as stalker/hunter types) would necessarily have some ranged combat capabilities.