New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Coplantor's Completly Creative Cautious and Contemplative Random Banter #109

Oh, what games do you have for the DS then?

Which in a roundabout way reminds me that we got a PS3 and Littlebigplanet. But we've had it for a couple weeks. Dad couldn't wait for Christmas.
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Coplantor's Completly Creative Cautious and Contemplative Random Banter #109

wait... Ash as in me? Stay anway from my grandmother or she'll stuff you with m'n'ms's ta death. hehe.

actually, she is really quite sweet but she has so many jars with candy around the house staying with her is horrible.
    Last edited by Ash08; 2008-12-24 at 09:01 PM.
    Thank you Lostone for the avatar!

"I was driven Insane by long periods of horrible saninty"
    -Edgar Alan Poe(yay, the poe guy!)

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

In the interest of full disclosure...

RUTSKARN'S SECRET WEAKNESS.

Put out a jar of Jelly Belly gourmet jelly beans, random assortment.

It'll be all I can do not to grab random handfuls and shove them down my gullet. Yeah, even the crappy ones, like Popcorn and Dr. Pepper flavored ones. I'm addicted.

In fact, I think I'll bop off and draw a pic of Rutskarn hopped up on jelly beans. This has potential.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Merry Christmas Again, all.

...More chocolate!

*runs away*
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ash08 View Post
    wait... Ash as in me? Stay anway from my grandmother or she'll stuff you with m'n'ms's ta death. hehe.

actually, she is really quite sweet but she has so many jars with candy around the house staying with her is horrible.
    I just realized that, for the first time, I let slip my wife's name...

@xNadia: hi, I have never really been on when you are, greetings!

And I really don't know what games I will have available. I hope they are good though.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Pixie in the Playground

I so love my family's ritual watching of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." It truly makes the whole holiday.

Of course, I'm a big fan of Dr. Suess, so that helps.

"Mathematics is a dangerous profession; an appreciable proportion of us goes mad." - John Littlewood

7. - Top - End - #247

*waves* hi TwoBit!

Well, you might not have been around when I am, but I'm stalking you!
    *puts on dark glasses and proceeds to go around enquiring about a TwoBitWriter and Ash*

Ohhh my goodness. Gourmet jellybeans. Or jellybeans in general. I usually grab handfuls and skilfully toss my least favourite to friends. It takes them a while to realise I'm just giving them the terrible flavours.
    Okay I have a craving now. I wonder if the buses are operating? And are the shops open? Most probably not. Dang.

One of my best friends is at Taupo. Left without telling me. How sad!
    formerly known as xNadia

8. - Top - End - #248
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    In fact, I think I'll bop off and draw a pic of Rutskarn hopped up on jelly beans. This has potential.
    Just make sure to give us a heads up about it when it's good and posted.

Y'know, I wonder if couples who live together are capable of enjoying the holidays better or if it's just one of those things to shame the unaligned into finding a mate....
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

As in all things relationship-related, I imagine that it's highly subjective.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    Like staying up and talking to weird people on the internet whom I've never met.
    Hey, I resent that!
    I am not people!

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    In the interest of full disclosure...

RUTSKARN'S SECRET WEAKNESS.

Put out a jar of Jelly Belly gourmet jelly beans, random assortment.

It'll be all I can do not to grab random handfuls and shove them down my gullet. Yeah, even the crappy ones, like Popcorn and Dr. Pepper flavored ones. I'm addicted.

ZOMG!
    Jelly Bellies!
    Gimmiegimmiegimmie!

*cough*
    Hey, Popcorn Jelly Bellies are awesome! But yeah, DP sucks.
    In any event, has anyone else been to to the Jelly Belly factory in California? It's like heaven on earth, only tastier. Mmmm…

Well, it's the 25th for me. Merry Christmas, for those who celebrate it! (Aka not me. )
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Hey, I resent that!

ZOMG!
    Jelly Bellies!
    Gimmiegimmiegimmie!

*cough*
    Hey, Popcorn Jelly Bellies are awesome! But yeah, DP sucks.
    In any event, has anyone else been to to the Jelly Belly factory in California? It's like heaven on earth, only tastier. Mmmm…

Well, it's the 25th for me. Merry Christmas, for those who celebrate it! (Aka not me. )
    You know, I actually never thought they were terrible (although they're not my favorite, not by a long shot). Everyone I know compares them to various forms of deadly poison, though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252

I don't believe I've tried those versions, actually. We must not get those flavours over here.

However, the first time I tried Dr. Pepper, I detested it, so I guess I'd hate the jellybean version as well.
    And nobody can capture popcorn in jellybean form! It is too awesome.

One thing I want to try when I get better is the goodygoody gumdrop icecream! They have now figured out how to put it on a stick and sell it individually! Oh, but the wonders of modern science.
    formerly known as xNadia

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I don't believe I've tried those versions, actually. We must not get those flavours over here.

However, the first time I tried Dr. Pepper, I detested it, so I guess I'd hate the jellybean version as well.
    And nobody can capture popcorn in jellybean form! It is too awesome.

One thing I want to try when I get better is the goodygoody gumdrop icecream! They have now figured out how to put it on a stick and sell it individually! Oh, but the wonders of modern science.
    Dr. Pepper is alright, but definitely not my favorite cola.

I'm a person who thinks that soft drinks are the end all and be all in refreshment technology. I'll drink a glass of ice-cold water every now and then, and I drink juice with breakfast every morning, but the only thing I like drinking in the interim is cool, refreshing carbonated sugar-water.

My favorite's Coke, but Cactus Cooler is pretty much the nectar of the gods as well. Fanta just can't compare.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

And so with a collective of maybe two, three hours sleep, I prove yet again that I am still a child at heart.

Merry Christmas Random Banter.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

*waves* hi TwoBit!

Well, you might not have been around when I am, but I'm stalking you!
    *puts on dark glasses and proceeds to go around enquiring about a TwoBitWriter and Ash*
    I'm not that terribly hard to find... I'm very easily stalkerable.

Now, off to bed... technically it's been Christmas for an hour now, but wifey and I need to get some sleep!

16. - Top - End - #256

*hugs Jibbers* yayy! And stuff.

I dunno, I usually drink water. Mostly because I wasn't allowed much sugar water when I was younger, I suppose. Played hell with my eczema. Still does. But yeah, coke is good. Vanilla coke is nice when I can get it! And I have never heard of cactus cooler.
    formerly known as xNadia

17. - Top - End - #257
    Banned

No one else in my famioly is up yet and it's 10:30.

Lazy buggers.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

I feel the same way, P_Z. It's already 5:00!

19. - Top - End - #259
    Banned

This year's Christmas miracle: I managed to wake up before my husband.

He now has proper sheepskin fuzzy slippers, which I need to open up a bit more at the ankle but which are otherwise properly snug and warm.
    I now have a bread maker. (Why does it also have a "jam" setting? Apparently, yes, it cooks jam.)

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Breadmakers are freaking miracle boxes. Throw in a couple of tomatoes, some yeast, an old boot, and BOOM! Bread comes out!

Or at least, that's how I hear they work. >.>
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

My mom got a breadmaker a few years back. I've always been a bit peeved that the recipe book that came with it didn't have one listed for 'pimento loaf.'

22. - Top - End - #262

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    This year's Christmas miracle: I managed to wake up before my husband.

He now has proper sheepskin fuzzy slippers, which I need to open up a bit more at the ankle but which are otherwise properly snug and warm.
    I now have a bread maker. (Why does it also have a "jam" setting? Apparently, yes, it cooks jam.)
    Wow! Jammy bread. It's set to take the world by force. Homemade jam is nice. Although last time I made some it went a bit wrong. I forgot to crush the fruit, so I ended up with whole blackberries in syrup.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    No one else in my famioly is up yet and it's 10:30.

Lazy buggers.
    My mum had to get me out of bed at 10:30 so we could have breakfast and open presents. Mine are pretty good. Doctor Who, Shakespeare, Dark Knight. However I am saddened by the lack of Stoppard.
    Now I need to fill in my new diary.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eldpollard View Post
    Wow! Jammy bread. It's set to take the world by force. Homemade jam is nice. Although last time I made some it went a bit wrong. I forgot to crush the fruit, so I ended up with whole blackberries in syrup.
    Sounds delicious enough, but thanks for the warning; my mind was wandering to the blackberry brambles so far as the 'jam' setting was concerned.

As far as the Jelly Bellies go, the toasted popcorn ones, while a miracle of food science, leave an aftertaste that persists for days, and the cappuccino ones are never to be given to the hyper.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

*Sigh* I love vacation periods. I was just able to sleep in longer than I could on even a Sunday, and get away with it.

Boom-de-yada, and all that.

26. - Top - End - #266

NecromancerGuy

Good Times. Good times.

So I have delivered the onslaught of novelty IKEA gifts unto the family. And now I'm hiding up in my room while the cats go crazy on the wrapping paper.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #267

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    I now have a bread maker.
    Mmmm. Bread makers.
    My family just got our hands on one, and we're trying to make it work and stuff.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Vanilla coke is nice when I can get it! And I have never heard of cactus cooler.
    I'm guessing it's very regional.

Looks something like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...cooler_can.jpg

(For the investigative types, this pretty much blows my cover, location-wise)

Tastes like orange Fanta, but not quite as much bitterness and a sort of mellow pineapple flavor mixed in.

Waiting for the rest of the gang to be up so we can start.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269

NecromancerGuy

Dang, now I wish I was near enough to that region to get some. That's actually one of those no-brainer/brilliant simple fruit flavor combinations that one never sees in soda.

Now to just find out where Rutskarn is claiming to be from... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Ed: Wikipedia says: South-Western US. Who'd've thunk it.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2008-12-25 at 11:30 AM.
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #270
    Banned

I got a camera and a webcam. Expect pictures of my cat. Possibly photoshopped.