New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Default Dame Morbid's Tourney Team 1

The day begins

You're wrested from your slumber (or trance, eladrin) by a rude sounding horn. You're in the bunkhouse where combatants are allowed free room and board. "Allowed" is a somewhat misleading term--it is prohibited to leave the confines of the arena until the fights are ove.r An otherwise mute hobgoblin stands by the main doors, his tarnished horn still bellowing out one note. The first round of the day is starting up, and he motions to five people in turn.

You know the rules. Looking around, you size up the people who will be backing you up in fights that will likely be lethal. Most of the other 50 or so people in the room breath a sigh of relief and go back to sleep, knowing that it's not their turn.

You suit up, and are led into the tunnel leading to the arena's main area. A low rumble becomes a deafening roar as you near the crowd. Light shines through the portcullis at the end of the tunnel, and a scarred man says "You'd best be getting your introductions out of the way now--you won't have any time once the fighting starts."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: We're looking for character introductions here. Also, please give me an initiative roll as well. We'll be starting combat almost immediately.
    Nothin' brewin.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Dame Morbid's Tourney Team 1

'A chance... to stretch my limbs.' Gathering her gear, T'reena eyed the four others. 'Another Githyanki.', she thought, surprised that she had failed to notice her compatriot before.

Finished with her arms and armor, the Githyanki warrior stepped out onto the arena floor. Hair bound and tied back in the Githyanki style, T'reena was clad in crimson tinged leathers, and held a sword lightly in one hand. Still facing forward, she spoke just loudly enough for her group to hear. "Greetings all, my name is T'reena. It will be my pleasure to fight at your sides this day. May we all survive to see tomorrow's light."

Initiative - (1d20+5)[8]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Magmin produces a sound akin to a dying frog.. apparently laughter. Her Tiefling heritage stands out proud in the glowing red horns upon her forehead; her glowing red eyes add to the demeanor. She pulls the charred leather armour around her and picks up her ironshod staff - it has obviously seen use with both tips, although mostly from poking at flames. Around her, a faintly iridescent cloak billows, confusing the eye.

"My name is Magmin, and I am a remnant of the flame. Our enemies shall rue facing the fire this day."

Initiative (1d20+2)[8]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

A third Gith stands up. looking around he adds to what Djelekh says

"I'm Kha'lymnm, and I specialize in blowing stuff up."

The githyanki stands not too tall, wearing a blown/bloodred leather armor, and having a burnmark scar on his right arm, in the form of an demonic symbol. On his left arm there's a light shield, and in his right hand, he carries a wand.

init: (1d20+8)[23]
    Yes, tabaxi grappler. It's a thing

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Alucard (TFS): I do things. I take very enthusiastic walks through the woods
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries
    Actually, "(e-1)/e for a limit to infinitiy", but, it's a good rule of thumb

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Imsh Pathfinder, Orc Barbarian (not the dwarf Ungard)

A hulking grayish-green creature hefts the giant maul in his hands. He is bald and clean shaven. A single scar runs up his neck and chin to his bottom lip, giving him an odd downward grimace. A rusty, runed chainmail falls about his shoulders. Imsh pulls the coif about his head as the gates come up.

"I trust you all will stay out of my way when it gets bad. Though by the looks of you, you can probably hold your own."

He smiles, because this is his favorite part.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[15]

For quick strategizing, we don't have a leader, so we'll probably need guys on crowd control. If Kha'lymnm and I focus down mushy targets, they should be a cinch. I'm probably just going to use my temporary hps to keep myself up, and charge around when I kill stuff or after I rage.
    Last edited by OneFamiliarFace; 2008-12-31 at 08:06 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I agree: if the other party has a leader, we're better of hitting the squishy, as healing is less effective on him (since healing is dependenanf on healing value)
    although ... if we could kill the leader in one turn, nuking 'm with encounters/dailys ...

either way. concentrating fire seems the best option.

edit: also, since we don't have a leader we don't need to stay close: we can slipt up (making it more difficult to hit multiple targets with area powers, ...)
    Last edited by qube; 2008-12-31 at 10:03 AM.

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    We do have a leader. Areimis Whisperblade, JackTR69's Warlord / Wizard multiclass.
    Last edited by Phasmatis; 2008-12-31 at 10:54 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Except Tor posted in here instead of Jack.. so we seem to have an extra wizard instead of a warlord/wizard. Which will give us 2 wizards, a barbarian and a warlock, and a swordmage. Lots of killing power, but no healing. Incidentally, I don't think we're fighting another team: instead we are 'fighting lethal challenges', which presumably COULD be another team, but as there aren't enough other people yet, probably won't be.

As an addendum, Magmin is built for killing, not controlling. Although she's very good at AoE as well, so mobs aren't problems.
    Last edited by Nelphine; 2008-12-31 at 11:49 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

An Eladrin walks up to the already assembled group, a minute or so later than the others. An unsheathed sword rests on his shoulder, which in turn is clad in fine chain mail. His other arm hangs loose at his side, holding a blue embroidered shield.
    "Don't worry men, I'll get us through this. Just follow my lead."

Init: (1d20+3)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry I haven't been active posting, I'm staying with a friend for a couple of days, and his internet is crap. I should be posting a lot more by the weekend.
    Anyways, I prefer to keep tactics in character, so I'll be using a lot of free actions to put in my five cents on what we should do.
    Question for the DM: Mind if I change my character a bit? I just got access to the Martial Power book, and I think a reckless warlord would fit the character concept a lot better.

"I think it would be best if you and me lead the charge, orc."
    Areimis looks darkly amused by the irony of going into battle with a man of the same species that he was leading his men into battle against mere months ago.
    Last edited by JackTR69; 2008-12-31 at 01:19 PM.
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    Talk to LordRod if you want him to make you an avatar as cool as mine.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

A hush falls over the arena as the six adventurers are led out into the sun. The arena is a square area, depressed about 10 feet into the ground. Elevated above the fighting pit are rows and rows of graduated stone bleachers. At the very top at the far end sits Dame Morbid, her face obscured by a veil. She holds a red scepter with a solid black spherical stone at the top, and she is flanked by two oddly proportioned trolls.

She motions you to enter, and the portcullis closes behind you. With a wave of her rod, a purple mote appears above the arena. It begins to swirl, and a thick black miasma billows out over the arena like a low-hanging cloud. Soon it blocks out the sun, cloaking the pit in an eerie purple glow.

The ground below you begins to rumble--then it tears open, causing some audience members to cry out in fear. A pale dark blue light shines from the newly-formed crevasse, and you see two dark forms climb out, each dripping some sort of nauseating rot. A second later, a shrieking black shadowy form flies out, its eyes a dark glowing red.

Behind you, hands reach out from the ground and frantically push aside dirt as more creatures unbury themselves from the ground. 10 grim, predatory figures stand behind you, baring their fangs. The final creature stands at 8 feet tall, wrapped head to toe in gauze.

Fight's on.

Initiative order:
    Kha'lymnm: 23
    Guardian Mummy: 22
    Mad Wraith: 19
    Imsh: 15
    Vampire spawn: 11
    Corruption Corpses: 10
    T'Reena: 9
    Magmin: 8
    Areimis: 6

(OOC: Jack, "you can have whatever you like." Bravura warlords are too cool to not allow a change mid-fight)
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, if you could post this next to your name on your round's actions:

DM HP: xx/xx | AC: xx Fort: xx Ref: xx Will: xx | Surges remaining: xx/xx

That would make life easy street.
    Last edited by stinkomandx; 2008-12-31 at 05:24 PM.
    Nothin' brewin.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kha'lymnm init 22
    Spoiler
    Show
    (is it OK if I instead post my char sheet in spoiler block, instead of some info in the title: it makes it easy for me to see what has been used, and keep track of everything)

race/class: male githyanki, inferlock
    Initiative: +8
    HP: 47/47 Bloodied: 23 (HV 11, HS/day: 11/11)
    AC: 21 Fort: 18 Refl: 19 Will: 16
    saves: +2 vs charm, resist poison 5
    Speed: 6
    Telekenetic leap move (range10) you or trgt; fly 5 (remain in line of sight)
    infernal pact: kill cursed: gain 4 temp hp
    prime shot: nearest = +1 on ranged attacks
    shadow walk: move 3 -> concealment UeoNT
    Warlocks curse: minor (nearest enemy) 1/rnd +1d6; cursing deals 1 damage
    Eldritch blast st. ac (range10) +8 vs refl; 1d10+6
    Hellish rebuke st. ac (range10) +8 vs refl; 1d6+6 fire; if I take damage, trgt takes 1d6+6 fire damage
    Vampiric Embrace st ac (range5) +8 vs will 2d8+6 necro, and gain 9 temp hp
    Flames of phlegothos st ac (range10) +8 vs refl 3d10+6 fire; effect ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
    Fiendish Resilience minor gain 10 temp hp
    Fiery bolt st ac (range10) +8 vs refl; 3d6+5 fire;adjecent creatures get 1d6+9

Acrobatics +3, Arcane +11, Bluff +8, History +13, Insight +7

str: 8 (+1) dex: 10 (+2) wis: 10 (+2)
    con: 20 (+7) int: 18 (+6) cha:13 (+3)

feats:, light shield proficiency, impr init, toughness
    items:, (lvl 5) rod of reaving +1 (cursing deals 1 damage), (lvl 4) bloodcut leather armor (minor action, while bloodied resist 10 UeoNT) (lvl 3) amulet of health, (520gp) acrobat boots (minor action, stand up from prone), (5gp) light shield, (15gp) standard gear, (50gpx2) 2 potions of healing, 40 gp in chance
    "meh, I see we have been given lambs to slaughter ... Calcifer, aid me!" th infernal burnmark on his arm glows smuldring red, as Kha'lymnm holds his jagged wand towards the closes vampire spawn.

minor action: curse Vampire spawn D10. this deals 'm 1 damage.

if it kills 'm (I'm kinda hoping they're minions):
    Kha'limnm (infernal pact) gets three time 4 temp hp that do not stack (temp hp from the same source don't stack) (so only 4 temp hp)
    minor action: curse C12 (since its also a V, it's would also be dead)
    minor action: curse C7 (since its also a V, it's would also be dead)
    (edit ... I can only curse 1/round. darn, and in edit, you can't make additional rolls ... euh ... Hellish rebuke + Prime Shot on C7. using the 1d20+9 attack roll, and 1d6 (it deals 1d6+6 damage) roll made below ...)

if the curse doesn't kill D10:
    standard: Vampiric Embrace + Prime Shot
    (1d20+9)[26] vs will (2d8+6)[16] necro + (1d6)[2] curse, and gain 9 temp hp
    and (infernal pact) 4 temp hp if he dies
    Last edited by qube; 2009-01-01 at 02:28 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

The DM hates playing nice.

Kha'lymnm curses the vampire spawn using whatever arcane mysteries he has gathered from his infernal ties. As he does, thousands of tiny cuts appear on the vampire's clothes and skin. A powdery gas escapes through these cuts as the undead "deflates" into itself. Then, he burns the crap out of another one.

Meanwhile, the bandaged mummy slowly lumbers towards T'Reena. He raises one thick arm back and slams it into her, partially knocking the wind out of her and making her feel suddenly queasy. At the same time, it invokes a primordial sense of dread in all members of the party.

The wraith swoops down on the party as the audience gasps. All PC's are assaulted by the sounds of insane whispering, high pitched laughter, and what sounds like a frantic woman being drowned. The wraith reaches out and touches Kha'lymnm, who turns suddenly with a manic grin and wide eyes. The githyanki stiffly stumbles toward a hungry looking vampire before turning and blasting Imsh with an eldritch blast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Battle report
    T'reena suffers 13 points of damage and, at the end of the combat, will have to save against Mummy Rot.
    The aura surrounding the mummy inflicts a -2 penalty to attack rolls against the Mummy.
    The Wraith does 11 psychic damage to Kha'lymnm. Khalymnm is forced to move to D-12, where he is forced to use Eldritch Blast against Imsh, dealing 7 points of damage.
    Finally, anyone in the Wraith's aura (i.e. everyone) is dazed and takes 5 psychic damage on the beginning of their turn.
    Imsh is up next.

(Qube: In a great majority of situations, temporary hit points do not stack, period. If you Vampirically Embrace someone who you have cursed, your net total of temporary HP would be whichever source gave you the most--the VE, most likely)
    Last edited by stinkomandx; 2009-01-01 at 09:18 PM.
    Nothin' brewin.

13. - Top - End - #13

GnomeWizardGuy

Imsh Pathfinder
    HP: 39/51; AC 19, Fort 20, Ref 14, Will 13; Surges 12/12

As Imsh gives an approving look to the Eladrin, chaos erupts around him. The wraith's chitterings ring about Imsh's armor, threatening to release the curse that follows him, he puts one hand to his head and shakes it to steady himself, and then focuses on the rotting corpses across the chasm: an escape from the overwhelming evil of the undead here.

"I'll be right back." The hulking orc takes off at a dead run and leaps the chasm, slashing out at the corpse to his left with his maul as he lands.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: charges Corruption Corpse at K4, jumping the pit as part of move and landing in L5. Uses Howling Strike, which can be used as part of a charge.

Jump: (1d20+11)[22]

Attack: (1d20+11)[26]
    Damage: (3d6+9)[19]
    Last edited by OneFamiliarFace; 2009-01-02 at 02:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

For a moment, all creatures on the battlefield pause to watch as Imsh hurls himself over the crackling hole in the ground. His stomach turns in revulsion as he lands near the rotting corpse, but he manages to slam his maul into the creature's gut. As he pulls his maul away, he notices with dismay that the creature seems to regenerate a small portion of the damage.

Instantly, the vampire attack all at once, with the precision timing of an expert pack of wolves. Their filthy claws rake at Kha'lymnm and T'reena, hungrily trying to draw blood. The corpses, suddenly attacked by Imsh, try to swing at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Battle report

Imsh lands the hit.
    Any living creature standing in the Corruption Corpses' aura takes -5 penalty to their attack rolls.
    Three vampire spawn on Kha' hit, dealing 15 damage.
    2 vampire spawn hit T'reena for 10 damage.
    Attacks against the warlord and wizard fail.
    One Corpse hits Imsh for 4 damage.

T'reena is up next, with Magmin, Areimis, and Kha'lymnm on deck.
    Nothin' brewin.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Areimis Whisperblade
    Free Action: "Good work barbarian, now finish them quickly and get back over here! Magmin, break off and take down that wraith!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the DM: I hope you don't mind posts like this, it's how I like to get information from character to character.
    Last edited by JackTR69; 2009-01-02 at 12:31 PM.
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kha'lymnm init 22
    Spoiler
    Show
    hp: 4 temp, minus 5 psy from aura, minus 15 from vamp spawns ...

race/class: male githyanki, inferlock
    Initiative: +8
    HP: 31/47 Bloodied: 23 (HV 11, HS/day: 11/11)
    AC: 21 Fort: 18 Refl: 19 Will: 16
    saves: +2 vs charm, resist poison 5
    effects: dazed (wraith aura), ongoing 5 Psy (wraith aura), -2attack vs G (mummy aura)
    Speed: 6
    Telekenetic leap move (range10) you or trgt; fly 5 (remain in line of sight)
    infernal pact: kill cursed: gain 4 temp hp
    prime shot: nearest = +1 on ranged attacks
    shadow walk: move 3 -> concealment UeoNT
    Warlocks curse: minor (nearest enemy) 1/rnd +1d6; cursing deals 1 damage
    Eldritch blast st. ac (range10) +8 vs refl; 1d10+6
    Hellish rebuke st. ac (range10) +8 vs refl; 1d6+6 fire; if I take damage, trgt takes 1d6+6 fire damage
    Vampiric Embrace st ac (range5) +8 vs will 2d8+6 necro, and gain 9 temp hp
    Flames of phlegothos st ac (range10) +8 vs refl 3d10+6 fire; effect ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
    Fiendish Resilience minor gain 10 temp hp
    Fiery bolt st ac (range10) +8 vs refl; 3d6+5 fire;adjecent creatures get 1d6+9

Acrobatics +3, Arcane +11, Bluff +8, History +13, Insight +7

str: 8 (+1) dex: 10 (+2) wis: 10 (+2)
    con: 20 (+7) int: 18 (+6) cha:13 (+3)

feats:, light shield proficiency, impr init, toughness
    items:, (lvl 5) rod of reaving +1 (cursing deals 1 damage), (lvl 4) bloodcut leather armor (minor action, while bloodied resist 10 UeoNT) (lvl 3) amulet of health, (520gp) acrobat boots (minor action, stand up from prone), (5gp) light shield, (15gp) standard gear, (50gpx2) 2 potions of healing, 40 gp in chance
    "euh ... Impish, you had some dirt on your shoulder. fixed it for ya!" Kha'Lymnm looks at the wraith ... "Hey, ya like to pull strings? allow me to burn 'm!"

actions:
    edit2, ((eep missed the dazing aura... boy I'm prone to errors these last few posts. sry 'bout that .... euh, ))
    dependant on how long does daze works (is it lost from the moment we step out of the aura, or until we start our turn outside the aura)
    if shifting outside the aura fixes things, Kha will shift ot shift to E13 (outside aura), curse (=1damage) and thus kill E12, and then hellish rebuke (without prime shot) on wraith.
    If shifting outside the aura won't help the help ... euh ... curse and thus kill E12

If E12 is already dead, subsitute 'm for a nearest minion at random. if non are left, hellish rebuke on the wraith (who I first curse if I have enough actions)
    Spoiler
    Show
    rolls, if needed

- attack roll for hellish rebuke (the roll assumes +8 attack, +1 prime shot) (1d20+9)[16] attack,
    - damage (1d6+6)[7] fire damage (and (1d6+6)[12] if Kha gets damaged this turn)
    - curse roll is in the post below
    Last edited by qube; 2009-01-05 at 01:58 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

OOC: Please note: either this is after Treena (if the DM wants init to be done in exact order) or Treena can delay until after this. I'm mostly posting to make sure people don't wait later for me to act.

Magmin cackles with joy, seeing many enemies bundled together; ignoring the advice of the warlord, she bounds into the midst of the enemies and unleashes flaming hell upon all the undead in the viscinity.

Take 5 psychic damage from wraith.

AC 22, Fort 18, Ref 19, Will 19, HP 33/38

Move: Move to F11 (provoke one attack of opportunity from the Vampire Spawn starting next to me)
    Standard: Fire Shroud (close burst 3 against enemies only)

damage against any of the below who are hit (1d8+7)[14] and any who are hit take 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends)

attacks Fort
    vs Wraith: (1d20+9)[13]
    vs V at C11: (1d20+9)[13]
    vs V at C12: (1d20+9)[15]
    vs V at E12: (1d20+9)[15]
    vs V at E13: (1d20+9)[17]
    vs V at G13: (1d20+9)[14]
    vs V at H13: (1d20+9)[25]
    vs V at I13: (1d20+9)[29]
    vs V at I12: (1d20+9)[27]
    vs Gaurdian Mummy: (1d20+7)[8] (includes -2 for attacking mummy)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    if E12 was dead, Kha'lymnm can curse the wraith, who he attacks. The curse deals 1 damage and (1d6)[3]damage if helish rebuke hits

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

We'll proceed as if Magmin goes next, but we'll wait for Kha's move until either T'reena or Areimis goes.

As Magmin gleefully dances backward, one of the vampire spawn reaches out with its claws--Magmin bats the claw out of the way with a giggle. Only a tiny sulfurous smell provides any hint of what is to come, when a massive blast of flame and light suddenly explode out of Magmin. The flames part around the wraith and mummy, but several vampire spawn are less lucky. Charred skeletons are all that remain of half the vampire spawn population, which promptly crumble like spent coals into the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Battle Report
    Magmin toasts herself up some vampires.

(OOC: I've gotten a similar question from a few people regarding how many fights we can expect in a day, etc. It's posted here.)
    Last edited by stinkomandx; 2009-01-03 at 01:12 PM.
    Nothin' brewin.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Areimis HP: 32/37 AC: 20 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 14 Surges: 7/7
    "Get up planeswalker! It's not time to die yet! Magmin, what are you doing?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    T'reena get's a to spend a healing surge plus 1d6. I can't edit it in to the post, so go ahead and roll it next time you post. Being dazed is really annoying. Nelphine, I don't think you could have taken all those actions while still being dazed from the wraiths attack.
    Last edited by JackTR69; 2009-01-04 at 10:26 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Jack's right unless you want to spend an action point)
    Nothin' brewin.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

oi criminey; since I missed the dazed part of that, I'll blow my AP.. silly silly me

or if you want to be super nice, I won't move, and I'll just hit the three I killed anyway! har har, no just waste my AP to move

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Jack, unfortunately Commander's Strike range is Melee Weapon, which means you can only use it against targets you can hit with a melee attack. So no helping Imsh)
    Nothin' brewin.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

T'reena HP: 23/51 | AC: 22 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 18 | Surges remaining: 12/12

'Not ... good.' T'reena thought grimly to herself, already well bloodied before she had the chance to take action herself. The wraith-song throbbed in her head, confusing her.

Barely able to keep her wits about her, she struck out at the nearest creature, one of the vampires.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free
    Flaming Longsword
    All damage dealt by this weapon is fire damage. Another free action returns the damage to normal.

Standard
    Booming Blade on V @ G13
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+10)[24]
    Damage - (1d8+5)[7]

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about the delayed posting. The internet at home's screwy, had to wait to come into work to post.

Jack, perhaps give T'reena an Inspiring Word, or the Commander's Strike?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

(thanks, I read that wrong. Action corrected.)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Kha, you only get one action regardless of whether you leave the aura on this turn.)

The murmurs continue to echo from the wraith, now sounding like the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes. The heroes struggle to maintain their focus, with T'reena successfully blowing a vampire in half with a thunderous boom of her longsword. Another of Kha'lymnm's curses dusts a vampire spawn, and Areimis' words offer some comfort to T'reena's wounds.

The mummy cuts her comfort short though, with another slam to the stomach. While T'reena deals with her shortness of breath, the wraith swoops towards Magmin, cloaked arm outstretched. Magmin does not even notice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Battle report
    T'reena kills G-13, and Kha kills E-12.
    Mummy hits T'reena for 12 points of damage.
    The Wraith's attack misses.

Imsh is up, with T'reena and Magmin on deck.
    Nothin' brewin.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

T'reena HP: 23/51 | AC: 22 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 18 | Surges remaining: 12/12

Inspiring Word - (1d6+13)[17]

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

T'reena HP: 40/51 | AC: 22 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 18 | Surges remaining: 11/12

29. - Top - End - #29

GnomeWizardGuy

Imsh Pathfinder, brand new defender.
    HP: 35/51; AC 19, Fort 20, Ref 14, Will 13 (+4 to hit him); Surges 12/12

Imsh steps backwards to hedge in the zombies towards the crevice. He brings his hammer around in a dangerous arc to ward off the zombies and give himself some space to breathe.

Then, a red mist comes over his eyes, and he howls with anger. His maul swipes down at the same zombie with reckless abandon, and Imsh is left open to attacks from all sides, as he follows through with his swing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Shift to L4.

Standard Action: Recuperating Strike on K4.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[12]
    Hit: (2d6+7)[10] damage and I gain 4 temp hps.

Action Point: Avalanche Strike on K4. (+2 hit from Areimis' Tactical Presence)
    Attack: (1d20+7)[20]
    Hit: (6d6+11)[33] damage
    Effect: Enemies get +4 to hit Imsh until the start of his next turn.

Edit: If I knocked the dude out, then I get 4 temp hps.
    Last edited by OneFamiliarFace; 2009-01-05 at 02:52 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    I realise I failed to roll a saving throw against Mummy's Rot. Should I do so now?

Endurance - (1d20+11)[24]