New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: TwoBitWriter's Tubular Tracts of Thought-Talking Random Banter #111

Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    I'd swap you for the repeating verse of "Pinky and the Brain" which is stuck in my head right now.
    *snicker*

...nuclear lighthouses("What could possibly go wrong?)...

...if I hadn't of seen it I never would've believed it...

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

They're Pinky and the Brain.
    Yes Pinky and the Brain.
    One is a genius, the other's insane.
    They're labatory mice.
    Their genes have been spliced.
    They're Dinky, they're Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain.

Before each night is done, their plan will be unfurled.
    By the dawning of the sun, they'll take over the world.
    They're Pinky and the Brain
    Yes Pinky and the Brain.
    Their twilight campaign,
    is easy to explain.
    To prove their mousey worth
    They'll overthrow the earth.
    They're Dinky, They're PInky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Narf!

That's what I've got from memory.
    *sidles off to go find youtube video and see how accurate he was*
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2009-01-08 at 10:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #483

*goes back and quotes self*

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    They're Pinky and The Brain
    Yes, Pinky and The Brain
    One is a genius
    The other's insane.
    They're laboratory mice
    Their genes have been spliced
    They're dinky
    They're Pinky and The Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain
    Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain
    Brain.

Before each night is done
    Their plan will be unfurled
    By the dawning of the sun
    They'll take over the world.

They're Pinky and The Brain
    Yes, Pinky and The Brain
    Their twilight campaign
    Is easy to explain.
    To prove their mousey worth

They'll overthrow the Earth
    They're dinky
    They're Pinky and The Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain
    Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain
    Narf!

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

*goes back and quotes self*
    Bah! I only read the last 5 posts or so.
    I don't frequent this place in the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #485

I do frequent this place and still only read back about 5 posts...

I just found it amusing that we came right back to quoting the theme song so quickly.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    I haven't found much of the discrete maths we've been doing very hard. It's calculus and induction that trip me up.
    If you ever need any help then I shall gather the sum total of the world's mathematical ability in one place in order to help. For the limit of that function is me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post
    Did you dream of buying socks at Tescos? That could be prophetic.
    It may indeed. But I would also have to find Tescos for this to happen.

I do frequent this place and still only read back about 5 posts...

I just found it amusing that we came right back to quoting the theme song so quickly.
    You lazy buggers. Missing even one post is the worst crime. You might miss one of my simply sublime witicisms for one.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-01-08 at 10:47 AM.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, usually they give us the videos in class and we make notes during the video, unfortunately that means that bad timing can mean that you miss something important. But it's great when you get to watch things like "Blackadder goes forth" for History Coursework.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

8. - Top - End - #488

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    You lazy buggers. Missing even one post is the worst crime. You might miss one of my simply sublime witicisms for one.
    'Tis a risk I'm willing to take, I'm afraid. For I must live on the bleeding edge. What'd I miss? Was it something important? Funny? The One True Meaning of Life? Just asking the questions gets my adrenaline pumping...

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

'Tis a risk I'm willing to take, I'm afraid. For I must live on the bleeding edge. What'd I miss? Was it something important? Funny? The One True Meaning of Life? Just asking the questions gets my adrenaline pumping...
    Ah, the best adrenaline rush I've ever had was on the Hulk Rollercoaster at Universal Islands of Adventures. It kicked the crap out of any of the rollercoasters I've been on in good od Blighty.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

10. - Top - End - #490

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Ah, the best adrenaline rush I've ever had was on the Hulk Rollercoaster at Universal Islands of Adventures. It kicked the crap out of any of the rollercoasters I've been on in good od Blighty.
    Heh, spend a while with someone swinging a wooden sword at your forehead. That's a rush.

Damn I miss Uni sometimes...

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

My neck hurts incredibly. I don't know what I did in P.E., but if it stays still too long, it hurts; if it moves in a particular direction, it hurts; if I think about my neck, it hurts; if I, it hurts, it hurts, it HURTS!
    This avatar by Phase.

12. - Top - End - #492

Strain? Sprain? Compacted vertebre?

Maybe some ice?

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

Probably some sort of mild temporary torticollis.

A couple of years ago I just got it (it really hurt to move my head to the side) randomly in the middle of a dodgeball game. It didn't really seem like it was caused by anything physical (I hadn't been hit or anything), and it went away after a few days. But it was really annoying and terrible feeling.

Hope ya feel better soon.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

I've pulled a few muscles doing boxing.
    Hook punches at full swing while your holding the pad can jar your shoulder a bit.
    Sometimes my neck hurts when I've "Lied on it a bit funny", as my mother would say.
    Indeed, it is quite painful
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, so coid hada guy with an arrow n his eye and now a monky holding a banana...

You canot tell me that there's nothing sexual there...

About muscles... I keep fit thanks to the marvels of home cooking, 100% home made spaghetti require a lot of stamina, dmn pasta...
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the closest thing I've had to home cooking is my mother making homemade burgers with vegetables in them (onions and carrots). They are actually very nice (I don't usually eat onions and carrots).
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

I love onions... my homemade burgers include onions, garlic, oregano, a little flour for the consistency, and sometimes some soy sauce to add an extra flavour. Curry is also good.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

18. - Top - End - #498
    Orc in the Playground

I cooked a sausage casserole, with potatoes and mashed carrot/swede, while Mr. Poison sat on his fat arse playing Viking on the X360.

To be fair, he bought the stuff, and I started making it because I was hungry. But you know that way when guys go, half-heartedly, "do you need any help?" and you go, "well, this needs peeled and these need chopped, but I suppose..." "Ah, ok then." *resumes game*

Was damn tasty though.
    Nobody helped me in any way, shape or form with this avatar, I found it in a child's shoe.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Self-Home-Made pancakes ruuule!

Seriously. They are delicoussses!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

Cooking good meat is all about the spices. For nearly anything, I'll put in a bit of garlic powder and onion powder (can't stand the texture of actual onions), and a touch of curry. From there it depends on what it's for, but if I'm cooking something Italian oregano is a must, southwestern requires crushed red and cayenne pepper, etc. The basics like a little salt and black pepper make a big difference in things like steak even if you don't use anything else.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, CP, you said it, at least it was tasty. And mangosta you are right about spices, that's the secret for good meat, heck, even a little salt makes a great diffrence. Have you ever had steak with spaghetti? When the spaghetti absorbs the taste of the meat is ahhhhhh, delicious.
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

22. - Top - End - #502
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, another discussion on cooking, lets see how many more I can get into this week

I do a combination of following recipes and making it up as I go...which reminds me, I've got to update my recipe in the Cooking thread to include a sauce for the chicken cordon bleu that I came up with. Either way, about spicing, the balance is everything. I always just kinda eyeball it, but it's pretty obvious that too much salt/garlic/other makes something taste worse than if you didn't put any in. All my family ever does with grilled salmon is put a little salt or pepper on (if that) and grill it. Tastes better than most of the restraunts stuff around here because it's not drenched in some spice or sauce. I'd like to get some hickory planks sometime, but it's really not needed.

I also managed to snag 4 cookbooks for $4 each, including shipping. After I thumb through them and decide what in there's worth it, I might pick up the rest of them.

23. - Top - End - #503

I try cooking anything much more complicated than a plate of pasta and I'll end up with my kitchen being declared a Class 5 Biohazard. 'Course, I'm usually only cooking for myself, so...

Someday I'll get better...right after I finish that book, then finish the rewrite of the new idea for the book.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CutePoison View Post
    I cooked a sausage casserole, with potatoes and mashed carrot/swede, while Mr. Poison sat on his fat arse playing Viking on the X360.

To be fair, he bought the stuff, and I started making it because I was hungry. But you know that way when guys go, half-heartedly, "do you need any help?" and you go, "well, this needs peeled and these need chopped, but I suppose..." "Ah, ok then." *resumes game*

Was damn tasty though.
    ...clearly, your man is not properly whipped yet.

*offers cooking assistance next time, tries to hide evil grin*
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

Question here regarding pasta... anyone else here does his own pasat? I mean, do you mix the flour and the eggs b yourself or do you buy pasta half done and then just cook it?
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    Question here regarding pasta... anyone else here does his own pasat? I mean, do you mix the flour and the eggs b yourself or do you buy pasta half done and then just cook it?
    I just buy it...not that I do pasta much. I will make my own pasta when I get some dishes under my belt that need it, and when I've got enough spare time to do it. I always thought pasta was just flour and water...

27. - Top - End - #507

Usually I just buy it premade. My mother used to make her own all the time though, I just never have the time it seems.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    I just buy it...not that I do pasta much. I will make my own pasta when I get some dishes under my belt that need it, and when I've got enough spare time to do it. I always thought pasta was just flour and water...
    Nope, it's made with eggs, you can add some water though.
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    *offers cooking assistance next time, tries to hide evil grin*
    RUN! HEAD FOR THE HILLS! Cobra's cooking will KILL US ALL!

I'm kidding. I've never had Cobra's cooking, though I have heard stories. My own cooking is, to be honest, actually not bad. What with the three or four cooking classes I ended up taking in high school and all...

I never really bother cooking though, because I hate the clean up so very much.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

30. - Top - End - #510
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    OK, so coid hada guy with an arrow n his eye and now a monky holding a banana...

You canot tell me that there's nothing sexual there...\
    Ook!? Ook... OOK EEEK EEEK EEEK!! *jounces Coplantor quite thoroughly and leaves him in a biology text*

Quote Originally Posted by CutePoison View Post

1. is this related to the lost vikings in anyway shape or form?
    2. That's why you give them explicit instructions. And don't let them have any if they defy your imperious will.

Coplants, I don't think I've met anyone who has made egg noodles themselves. Is pretty cool idea though... I have, however, heard horror stories from college about experiments with spaghetti and ketchup that ended up with noodles that started expanding once they hit the stomach, seeming to create matter out of nothing and violating the laws of physics almost as much as they violated the laws of good taste.

And anyway, what's so sexual about Harold Godwinson getting arrowed in the eye?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide