New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Phase's Phully Phormed, Phalangeal, and Phantasmagorical Random Banter #112

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    *Tries to come out of lurk mode.*
    *Sees home and studywork.*
    *Phails.*

Exams are fun, aren't they?
    I know how you feel, I have a science exam on Monday.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

2. - Top - End - #842
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Phase's Phully Phormed, Phalangeal, and Phantasmagorical Random Banter #112

*pops out of nowhere*

No exams for me! I'm still on WINTER BREAK! HA!

*snickers and heads into the darkness*

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jjkaybomb View Post
    *pops out of nowhere*

No exams for me! I'm still on WINTER BREAK! HA!

*snickers and heads into the darkness*
    Your still on Winter break! I've been back at school for 2 weeks now!
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

4. - Top - End - #844
    Dwarf in the Playground

College with a winter term! bwahahahaha! *dances*

I go back tommorow, BUT STILL! Technically classes dont start til tuesday! So it's still winter break!

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ettin in the Playground

College with a winter term! bwahahahaha! *dances*

I go back tommorow, BUT STILL! Technically classes dont start til tuesday! So it's still winter break!
    You lucky son of a *****
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

6. - Top - End - #846
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    You lucky son of a *****
    Bah. 'tis not like you have any real work to do in school at your age anyway...
    *Wonders if I should get to revising for my 3 exams next week.*
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Bah. 'tis not like you have any real work to do in school at your age anyway...
    *Wonders if I should get to revising for my 3 exams next week.*
    I have a science exam on monday, I have to record a drama performance for drama unit 2 on tuesday, as well as other exams that will crop up between now and the summer.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

8. - Top - End - #848
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jj isnt a little boy, Jj is a little girl! Also a crazy hacker with a super smart dog...

*remembers how so damn easy everything before college was....*
    I actually enjoyed my exams and hard classes all through high school. I relish the challenge! *does something mentally challenging, gets frustrated*

9. - Top - End - #849
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fred: either my eyes are deceiving me, or your avatar has been fluctuating.

It's my holidays, and I'm working.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ouch... working on any holiday other than summer break must be painfull...

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ettin in the Playground

Jj isnt a little boy, Jj is a little girl! Also a crazy hacker with a super smart dog...

*remembers how so damn easy everything before college was....*
    I actually enjoyed my exams and hard classes all through high school. I relish the challenge! *does something mentally challenging, gets frustrated*
    I only worried about the drama recording, I have the group from hell.
    Member 1: His response to everything is "Blow me"
    Member 2: Says that he'll work if Member 1 works and didn't show up for rehearsals.
    Member 3: Couldn't remember his characters name.
    Member 4: Me. The only person bothering to put any effort into the performance, I've pretty much done everything. I've developed the plot, each character and their motives, as well as writing Member 1's monologue for him. Not only that but I am probably going to have to organise everything else that still needs to be done before tuesday.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

12. - Top - End - #852
    Dwarf in the Playground

ooh...ouch to that too, Fred. I know how painful it can be to be in a drama group that doesnt really care much at at... but seriously, all you? Ouuuuch, thats not a challenge, thats just irritating and a useless, avoidable pain.

13. - Top - End - #853

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    I have a science exam on monday, I have to record a drama performance for drama unit 2 on tuesday, as well as other exams that will crop up between now and the summer.
    Yeah, and these contribute to your GCSEs, which are, to be frank, incredibly easy, and in the grand scheme of things probably matter very little.

Nothing pre-A-level constitutes 'real work' in my eyes.

Edit: That said, I sympathise with your drama group issues. One of the reasons I wasn't so keen on group work...
    Last edited by Thufir; 2009-01-17 at 09:15 AM.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

14. - Top - End - #854

Thuf: in retrospect, GCSEs do seem like nothing, but remember, at the time they're a right nightmare. Each individual course might be pretty easy - but there are usually an awful lot of them, each with their own competing deadlines, projects, exams and reports.
    I, for one, am extremely glad I don't have to go through that again. In fact, I'd rather rewrite my university dissertation and re-sit my finals* than do that again.

* Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration, as the university final stress was seriously intense. But. Still.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Holidays? What are those?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

16. - Top - End - #856
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's true that GCSEs are much easier than anything you do afterwards, but that's kinda the point. If they were as hard as a degree, what would be the point in a degree? You've got to work up to these things.

They are very stressful at the time, and they seem important. And remember - not everyone will go on to 6th form or uni, and for those people GCSEs are the only qualifications they have, making them much more important.

Anyhoo, much luck to everyone doing exams at the mo.

17. - Top - End - #857

Given the option of redo-ing my GCSEs now, I really don't think it'd be that hard for me. Wouldn't take me that long to remind myself of sciences and languages, english I'd just have to look through a few texts to familiarise myself with them again, maths I wouldn't have to do anything obviously, music just look through some notes...
    Systems would be the only one which would bother me. That project was excessive. But even that wouldn't be too bad now, secure in the knowledge that I've done it before, and also with the fact that my other subjects would be taking up roughly none of my free time.

To be honest, I think if I hadn't been taking systems, my GCSEs wouldn't really have bothered me the first time round

@^:
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    And remember - not everyone will go on to 6th form or uni, and for those people GCSEs are the only qualifications they have, making them much more important.
    That's why I only said they probably matter very little.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2009-01-17 at 09:34 AM.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

18. - Top - End - #858

When I was 15-16 GCSEs were the most stressful academic thing I'd been through. When I was 17-18 it was A-levels. When I was 21 it way finals.

Indeed, this is the way of the world, but that doesn't mean GCSEs aren't stressful.

(Thus far, my master's hasn't reached anywhere near those levels of stress, but that's probably because I'm doing it part-time. A Phd would probably get much tougher by the end though - is that what you're doing Phaedra?)
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

Whatdya mean anything before something called A-level is incredibly easy?

Try doing two years of high school in one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

20. - Top - End - #860

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post

(Thus far, my master's hasn't reached anywhere near those levels of stress, but that's probably because I'm doing it part-time. A Phd would probably get much tougher by the end though - is that what you're doing Phaedra?)
    Yep. I just refuse to step into adult life. I actually found my masters more stressful than my phd so far - I think it was a combination of being slightly bored by the subject matter (research methods) and the fact that I find a number of small projects on diff subjects more stressful to write than one big project.

Speaking of, I should probably get back to writing that chapter...

21. - Top - End - #861

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Whatdya mean anything before something called A-level is incredibly easy?

Try doing two years of high school in one.
    I thought it went without saying that I was only referring to the British (English? Is it different in Scotlan/Wales/Ireland even?) schooling system which I went through. I do not feel qualified to comment on your crazy Dutch system.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, we should agree to disagree in this case.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

23. - Top - End - #863

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Given the option of redo-ing my GCSEs now, I really don't think it'd be that hard for me.
    I totally loved my GCSEs - I enjoyed the subjects and the work. It's just the timetable that, in retrospect, I dread. How many did you do? I did 12, and that meant every single second of every school day was scheduled. No free periods, just dragging a huge pile of books from one class to another to another... And of course every teacher believed that their subject was the most important.

PE was still compulsory then. *Shudder*

Nope. I don't want to be fifteen again. Ever.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #864

PE isn't compulsary anymore? God, I feel like an old woman out of touch with life... Part of me thinks I would have loved to be able to avoid PE, the more sensible part thinks I'd just have been even more unfit and unhealthy than I was. It probably was good for me, though it pains me to admit it.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Banned

The problem with PE was cross country.

I may not be the most athletically inclined but that crap was brutal.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post

Me too, I enjoy sports like swimming, basketball, heck I even enjoy boxing, but cross countryis where I draw the line.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

27. - Top - End - #867
    Orc in the Playground

Bleeech I hate sports. GCSE's aren't so bad, I'm finding the courses all quite easy and don't have to put much extra work into any of them. They're not really stressful. I do however just generally hate school, I know people will say things like having a job is much more work and stuff, but if I get into a job I actually enjoy then it shouldn't be too bad, also when you're at work there're generally less idiots if you get into a job where decent qualifications are necessary.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sub_Zero View Post
    Bleeech I hate sports. GCSE's aren't so bad, I'm finding the courses all quite easy and don't have to put much extra work into any of them. They're not really stressful. I do however just generally hate school, I know people will say things like having a job is much more work and stuff, but if I get into a job I actually enjoy then it shouldn't be too bad, also when you're at work there're generally less idiots if you get into a job where decent qualifications are necessary.
    There will be less idiots, but the idiots that are there will have ten times the experience at being idiots. (The average GCSE idiot has 5 Idioticals, while the average idiotic working person measures in at 50 Idioticals, where Idioticals is the universal scale of measuring who much of an idiot someone is)
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

29. - Top - End - #869
    Pixie in the Playground

heck I even enjoy boxing
    Boxing FTW!

30. - Top - End - #870

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post

I found it was more fun if you treated it as a leisurely country stroll.