New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Quick Game

1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: A Quick Game

Nothing jumps out to the eyes of those paying attention. The trough does not appear to have been cleaned apparently, just no presence of blood. The line in the yellow brick appears to run all the way to where the trough begins. There is a slight drop from where the line ends and the trough begins, as the bottom of the trough is lower than the line in the yellow brick.

Those who heard the slight dripping sound, hear it still.
    Spoiler
    Show

If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.

Proud owner of a Ceikatar! (Jealous much?)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gar

Turning his head sideways, like a dog listening to a faint whistle, Gar scratches his chin and looks to the group, "Anyone else hear that?"

He tries to straighten himself upright again and point in the direction of the dripping sound, "Like water slowly dripping. It could lead to an underground river...or maybe just a good drink..."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Jodin nods. "Yeah, I heard it too, mate. Of course, 'water' wasn't the first thing I was thinking," he says, tapping his foot on the blood groove.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Teela

"Beer?" she asks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Can she smell anything other than men and stale vomit?
    Business Trip 6/7 - 6/18. I'll try to keep up.
    Gwydr

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

The lady, in a rare moment of clarity, sniffs the air. There is the smell of the men around you. Sweat. Dust. Must. There is something...beneath it all. A tang...

Almost...coppery...

Blood.
    Spoiler
    Show

If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Red for dramatic effect, or did someone just say something?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Hehe.

Dramatic effect.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128

Gar

"I wish..." The dwarf says as he slowly moves his way to the center of the room to get a better look at the other halls that lead into this one. He pauses a moment and looks around in all directions, "It seems we have a few option at this point..." He motions toward the other hallways and then looks to the group obviously for a little direction himself.

9. - Top - End - #129

Teela

Teela wrinkles her nose at the smell(s).

"Just choose one. None of us will gainsay."
    Gwydr

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Brandon

Brandon stays close to Teela, nodding to her words.
    Last edited by Simba; 2009-03-02 at 07:11 AM.
    Act well before thinking!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the conversation progresses, a scream rings out through the darkness. It possesses all the traits that chill one to the bone. Fear, pain, and the overwhelming surety that one's end has come. It echoes off into the distance, while its source comes from the direction of the hallway to the left.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132

Teela

Teela surprises herself as her immediate reaction is to run towards the scream.

((You want initiative rolls or anything?))
    Gwydr

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Brandon

Seeing Teela starting towards the scream Brandon runs in the same direction, staying close to her.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    No initiative necessary. I'll let you know when to do so.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135

Gar

"That's the ticket, kids." The dwarf smiled at the sound of the scream as the thought of thumping a head or two made the dwarf feel a little better about still walking about in his pajama pants while everyone else got to cover themselves. Holding tight to the brazier, the dwarf moves to the left, hoping to gain a bit of a lead on the two before him.

Spoiler
    Show
    And here I was about to say "go left"

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

The clatter of bare feet and booted echo through the darkness, joining the scream in oblivion. You enter the area very similar to where you just left, however the trough of obsidian is beneath a stream of blood. Where you see the line ending from the hallway, you hear the now familiar drip drip drip.

The hallway extends inward for 30 feet atleast. No doors greet your eyes. Of particular note is the fact that the brick of this hallway possesses a rich red hue. The significance of the event that is occurring and the color of the brick is not lost on any of you.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137

Teela

Teela follows the gutter, outpacing the dwarf if necessary. Maybe it's not too late. Maybe.
    Gwydr

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

The scream confirms all of Jodin's fears at once. This was a place where people got hurt. This was a place where people got killed.

This was a place where he might get killed.

More importantly, this was a place where other people might get killed.

His feet react first, almost by reflex, and Jodin finds himself sprinting in a dead run towards the sound- but as soon as he realizes what he's already decided to do, he agrees.

Put a stop to whatever's goin' on, and everybody gets out. Everybody.

To a bar, if we can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Making a deliberate attempt to outrun Gar, because Jodin might actually be the most armed and armored one in the party. Which is worrying.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Brandon

Brandon sprints beside Teela, trying not to get left behind. As he does not have his armour he has a chance to get there before her, keeping her safe and maybe even saving the poor victims in the next room.
    Last edited by Simba; 2009-03-06 at 07:05 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140

Gar

Seeing most of the tall-folk jogging past him does not alarm the dwarf any more than before. He shakes his head slightly before picking his feet up just slightly so as to not fall behind the group. If they were to die, they should do it all together...at least...

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

There is a continuance of the hallway, in much the same manner of the one you left. In the harried travel of the running, details escape you, until you come upon a set of doors. One possesses a barred window, the other door is whole. A source of light beams from the window of the door on the right. Deathly silence extends from the window as well.

Spoiler
    Show

Check the OOC Thread
    Last edited by ReluctantDragon; 2009-03-09 at 10:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

With all the caution and restraint that are integral parts of the man's character, Jodin finesses open the left-hand door.

Using his foot.

Charging Power Attack: (1d20+6)[20]
    Damage: (1d6+9)[15]

OOG: EDIT @v Oooh, that would have been a good thing to check first.
    Last edited by Fishy; 2009-03-09 at 11:41 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143

Teela

Teela is still watching the gutter.

((Is blood coming from under one of these door or from further down the corridor?))
    Gwydr

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

The left hand door crashes apart from a tremendous blow on behalf of the man with a penchant for it. As the dust settles from the blow everyone's eyes are beset with a peculiar glow. If darkness shed light, it would be akin to this. A particularly malevolent sensation crawls over everyone's skin. The torch light settles upon a pedestal with a black orb at its apex.

The blood in the hallway appears to be coming from the door with the window, to the right. The blood is flowing at a great speed and seems to mimic a tiny river.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

The cloud of splinters and sawdust curses noisily to itself as soon as Jodin realizes his momentum has propelled him through the wrong door. He recovers as quickly as he can, then checks if the door on the right will respond to a polite and gentle knock.

i.e., Power Attack: (1d20+4)[12]
    Damage: (1d6+9)[12]

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Brandon

Brandon positions himself next to the right door, waiting for it to get opened and ready to attack whatever hides inside.

27. - Top - End - #147

Gar

Watching cautiously as Jodin pummels each door, a small smile curls up the dwarf's face. He stands alert in the hallway, just in case something were come along while Jodin went about making splinters out of doors.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

The right hand door *whumps* as Jodin's foot collides with it.

To Jodin:

Searing pain arcs up your leg as you are most definitely aware of a torn muscle around your ankle area.

To everyone:

The door holds, if just barely. The lock rattles in its casement and there is no sound from within.

Spoiler
    Show

About judging the glass of the orb in the other room, Teela, give me an Int or a Knowledge Arcana check
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149

Teela

Teela takes a shard from her improvised bag to compare to the black orb, and tries to ignore her malaise.

I should know this.

knowledge arcana - (1d20+4)[16]
    Gwydr

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

To Teela:

The glass is identical to your well-trained eyes.
    Spoiler
    Show