New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Hyman Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by Tichrondrius View Post
    "I mean, I'm here for that big fat check."
    "I think we all are, right? It's not like this experiment is helping mankind or anything. In fact, I don't even know exactly what it's supposed to accomplish, why should we care about the test?"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"Well, I wouldn't be disconnected for a whole month for money alone. I wouldn't be disconnected for a whole month for science alone either. I guess I'm here for both."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

"Really? You don't even know what they're researching here, I mean, they could be researching... I dunno. Something you didn't approve of. Or something that wasn't important"

Thoughts of nerve gasses being blown through the manor's ventilation system popped up in Edward's head. They could be trying to affect behaviour by unleashing chemicals in the air, or spiking the food, or the water supply... It would certainly be a good reason not to tell them what was going on...

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"All knowledge is worth pursuing."

Plus, curiosity got the better of me.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Allan interjected, "They never tell you the purpose of an experiment before you finish it; it would risk corrupting the results as you try to either fulfill or disprove their theories, consciously or not."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sure, I'm not arguing with that, but I don't think the experiment can be a goal for me without actually knowing what they're trying to accomplish. The money, however, I'm certain of. Plus, I don't mind the experience either. You have to do everything once in life, I always say"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Even be stuck in a house with a couple of weirdos? Well, I never got a dorm room, so I guess this is next best thing." William chuckled to himself, and lifted his glass. "To a month with you guys, may we receive our money swiftly." He toasted.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Tycho took a small, crampt room to the right hand side of the complex, and dropped his small rucksack on the bed. He guessed he should've brought more stuff, but he'd never used the skill of planning to good effect. Swearing lightheartedly, he closed the door behind him and went downstairs to the dining room, taking in a few seconds of conversation before standing beside an empty seat, grinning at the man who just spoke.

'Its weird, i dont even like money. I mean it has uses, but im not sure im willing to donate my body to scientific research for it.'

He shrugged, pulling out the chair and grabbing an opened bottle of wine on the centre of the table as he continued. 'Eh.. who gives a crap eh? Im Tycho by the way my guinea pig comrade buddies.' He raised the opened bottle upwards and sniffed it briefly, before lifting it to his mouth and taking a small mouthful, before turning his head sideways and spitting it onto the floor, placing the bottle back on the table. 'Its drugged. I hope you bi*ches didnt drink that.'

Haha! I am so amusing.
    Last edited by Tycho2; 2009-01-19 at 05:14 PM.
    ~Bow before the grand ninja of stupid evil alignment rp.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Did he seriously just spit red wine on the carpet? This place looks pretty fancy, that must've cost... Better not bring it up. Would be impolite.

"So why're you here if you don't want the money?"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

..he has a point.

'Unemployed.. i had no real reason to refuse. I suppose i had nothing else to do.'

Tycho frowns as he takes a seat, the question taking him offguard. 'What about yourself?'
    Last edited by Tycho2; 2009-01-19 at 05:30 PM.
    ~Bow before the grand ninja of stupid evil alignment rp.

11. - Top - End - #41

Whoa, that looked like good wine too. I hope I'm not rooming with him, I'm beginning to think most of these guys would only be tolerable from behind a computer screen...

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

"As I said, I'm here for the money, and because I like a little adventure once in a while. I could either do this or I could go about my life as I usually do, missing this opportunity. I don't generally say no to stuff, because, well, you never know what you might miss"

Edward looked at his empty plate and scooped up another portion.

"God, this salmon is good"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

My wine!

"... Did you just not only drink directly from the bottle, but then proceed to spit good wine on the carpet? We don't know when we'll be getting more and that's going to be a pain in the butt to clean out of the carpet for somebody," Spencer stated with a searching look aimed at Tycho.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

Devon chuckled slightly at the thought of drugged wine. He wondered idly if the scientists would have picked anything you could identify, and decided against it. If it was him, he would have waited until the third or fourth time they ate anyway. Plus, there's people there, like him, who don't drink, so he figures drugging the alchohol would be a waste. He realizes he's staring at a distant point somewhere over someone's head, and drops it. "Well, someone here could be a killer. I mean, has anyone seen a camera?" He looks around for one. "Maybe it's just that one scientist guy, with only $15,000, and the last person to survive this "experiment" wins it. That would suck." Devon says, smiling as he cracks a soda. "I should have brought my Xbox." He says. He looks around, and hopes he thouroghly stopped the arguments. Especially about wine. It was just an icebreaker He thinks to himself.
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Corey finished off his plate before turning to William
    "Oh, I'm definitely here for the money, I doubt I made 15 grand last year, if all I gotta do is let some skeevy guys watch me through a camera for a month to get that kind of dough then I'm all for it.

16. - Top - End - #46

"Psh, in between jobs... at my last job I made 400 in a month." William mutters idley and then looks over at Devon, "Oo, that would be pretty cool. How long will it take man to commit murder? I sure might without an Xbox, with that ban on everything they. I brought my controller in case, didn't want to risk bringing my equipment though. Those things are already fragile as hell." He continues, just sipping wine from his glass and leaning back in his chair.

"Did everyone else already get a room? Y'all notice anything up there kinda out of the way?" William asked no in particular.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm sure if you ask real nice the scientist fellas will supply an xbox, they've already sorta agreed to the kid there drinking and your request is legal."

18. - Top - End - #48

"God." Devon says. "I hope they have Three-Sixties." He wonders if they'll supply games. He didn't think he'd need them.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

The conversation about murder reminded Edward of a certain movie. Of several movies, in fact, but prominently Mindhunters, because it too featured a bunch of people left to their own devices with cameras watching their every move. There was a place from where the candidates were being watched in Mindhunters, much like the steel door in the mansion, and when the "Mindhunters" went there after several of them died gruesomely they found the person in charge of the experiment, dead. Hung by meathooks from the ceiling like a puppet. It was a good thing he brought padlocks. He didn't expect anything to happen, but it was good being prepared anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichrondrius
    "Did everyone else already get a room? Y'all notice anything up there kinda out of the way?" William asked no in particular.
    "I've got a room already, but I don't think many of us do. Just a few people went up, I think. There's plenty of rooms left though, but they're all pretty much alike"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Halfling in the Playground

OOC: Nigma, you're not just prepared like Batman, are you? You seem equally paranoid as well. (Which could be the reason for the preparations I guess).

-----------

Dr. Wilson looked around as the participants spread out over the house. Most of them seemed to get along fairly well. Very good. The last thing they needed was subjects who spent their days in endless arguments.

"Very well, gentlemen." Dr. Wilson said and began walking down the stairs. "I think you know what you need for know. I'll come by tomorrow or the day after that so if you come up with new questions, I'll answer them then."

He took out a security card from his walled, swiped it through the reader and entered his code. The door opened with a slightly mechanical noise and he disapeared into the basement as he bid farewell. "It's been nice to finally meet you all. I wish a you good night's sleep."
    Last edited by Lykainon; 2009-01-20 at 11:29 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Well, if everyone's just about done eating I believe the youngin' here would like us to go out back and discuss some house rules.
    Corey said, downing one last glass of wine.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

"I wasn't really done eating, but I can just take my plate with me... And some bottles of wine, maybe. Heh"

"Wait" Edward said, reconsidering. He got up and opened the liquor cabinet behind him.
    "This looks better even than wine"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

I like the way you think Edward, they got anything good in there?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thanks. Ehm, I'd say they've got pretty much everything. Whiskey. Lots of whiskey. And, well, lots of bottles. Sherry, Bourbon, Brandy, more wine, Vodka even... You should really just have a look yourself. There's too much to name. He said they were well-stocked, and they are"

25. - Top - End - #55

"I wouldn't mind a little Guiness." Devon says. "Screw it, I'd rather wait until I'm settled anyway." He pulls earbuds out of his pocket and starts listening to music. He keeps it low so he an hear casual conversation, as well.
    Last edited by Levyathyn; 2009-01-21 at 02:57 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

26. - Top - End - #56

"Excuse mee..." William muttered, getting up at the mention of more booze and trying to look around Edward. He managed to swipe a bottle of pure vodka and took a look, cracked it open and smiled. With a quick glance back to the cabinet he pulled out some shot glasses and poured himself a shot, then took it. He shook his head a little. "Mmm acck. Awful stuff." He said to no one really, poured another shot and downed it. "Anyone want a shot?" He offered, sitting the bottle down and backing up a little toward the back just in case they really were going outside.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

I'd like a few shots, none of that russian crap though.
    Corey said as he got up and went over to the liquor cabinet.
    Ah, here we go.
    Reaching in and pulling out a bottle of whiskey Corey poured himself a glass.

Spoiler
    Show
    yes a glass, 'cause you don't take shots of good whiskey

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Heh, seems I'm not the only person with no qualms about drinking the liqour. Glad to see nobody here is going to bi*ch about my drinking.

Spencer got up and grabbed a fresh bottle of Cab from the cabinet saying, "I think I'll stick to the red. This place is seriously well stocked. Shall we go outside?" Refilling his glass, Spencer savored the scent before standing and leading the way to the patio. Once out on the patio he took a seat and sipped from his glass before opening, "First question. Anyone with pertinent medical issues that could be a concern? I've already mentioned my asthma being an issue about smoking indoors."

29. - Top - End - #59

"Allergic to penicillin and bad video games," Allen says, pouring himself a share of William's vodka. "Nothing else that I know of."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Micheal who had up till this point been reading his private notebook that IS a essential for him looks up from it, and looks kind of disgusted at the drinking before returning to his writings.