New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Ghost in the Shell;Whispers in the Wind; 1st Gig

Hospital

Was... that smell? It... sort of fades...

There was no one else in the room. Shelia seemed to be standing up, but as she tries to move her head... there seems to be some sort of resistance. As though there were iron blocks holding her in place...
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Hospital

Sheila's eyes dart around. She tries to move but can't. She feels like she is weighed down. The light....oh god the light was blinding.

She tried to scream, get help....something.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Hospital

No sound came, though as Shelia tried to scream, she saw a small red light illuminate on the wall

Then came the blackness. Slow, creeping blackness...

She awoke again. This time, the light was not quite so blinding. Almost asthough someone had drawn a curtain. No one seemed to be there though.

As she tries, at least now, Shelia can move her head. But it... feels odd. There appears to be some kind of restraint on her even now, something seems to tie her head to... something behind her, and the rest of her body seems immobile...
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Hospital

Sheila began to panic again, but she calmed down. She looked around, careful not to pull what was on her neck.

"Hello?" she called caustiously "Where am I?"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Hospital

No one appears to be here yet. Shelia can hear sounds in the distance

She appears, not to be lieing down, but to still be standing. She can't move her legs though.

She doesn't seem to be able to move most of her body. But... there aren't any restraints she can see, or even feel, except for the thing on her head. It's... more like her body's simply non-responcive.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

New Edison R&D lab

Ok, after that little incident with the Triad, people are simply scared of us. We need to do something that will raise our standing in the world. So...here's the plan. We need a non-lethal alternative to simply shooting someone.

How about a chemical tranquilizer round. If we designed the rounds correctly, they can have the agent in the round. When the round hits, it breaks and released the agent, which can be absorbed by skin contact.

I like it. Get busy, and get me those rounds ASAP.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Hospital

Sheila looks around and calls twice more. Then she got pissed, she wasn't a patient person and the lack of help was disturbing at best.

So she calmly drew in a breath and screamed "WHERE THE FU@K AM I" ANSWER ME DAMN YOU!!"

Investigations redoubled

DIS focuses much of its time on locating, identifying, and eliminating groups of HLF...

For safety Wolf Packs are drilled to find explosive devices and such before or during a firefight with the terroists.

- SurlySeraph

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Hospital

No answer. But as she tried to breath, that was when it dawned on her

She didn't seem to be able to breath. She simply can't feel her lungs, or be able to draw the air into her body. In fact, she couldn't even feel her heart...

Spoiler
    Show
    A cyberbrain can function outside a human body. Thus, whilst Cyborgs eat, I'm going to rule that neither do they breath, or possess hearts. They are maintained by neutriant package, so some food is needed, but energy is more important.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2009-01-24 at 07:26 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Hospital

Sheila began to panic, which to her means she began to struggle, no matter how fruitlessly. She refused to let herself cry, but she could feel a sob coming on.

What was she supposed to do? What was she??

- SurlySeraph

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok... now, I feel cruel:( I was mostly trying to play for time, to work out how to play this.

Now, I've more or less got it.

As she struggles, Shelia can just hear, in the distance... a frenzied buzzing

Oh.. ****, SORRY, SORRY....

The frenzzied voice of a young man can be heard, far off, and coming closer. His footsteps rise in volume until Shelia can tell he's practically on top of her.

Sorry, sorry, didn't disengage...

He's mumbling. Presumably he's some sort of doctor. Shelia can hear the sound of needles sliding out of something metalic, then, what ever's holding her slowly draws away from the base of her neck

Her whole body tenses slightly. She seems able to walk

And then falls over, ignobly landing on the floor. The Doc curses again

Takes a while to get used to, apparently. Here, come on.

He moves to help her up.

Spoiler
    Show
    It'll be hard for Shelia to move. Not impossible, but her entire nervous system is essentially re-routed. It'll take her some time to ajust.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2009-01-24 at 07:00 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

"Get away from me!" she snaps.

She attempts to get up, falls. This process repeats, but eventually holding onto a nearby metal outcropping she stands on wobbily legs. She felt all wrong, different.

"Who the hell are you and what did you do to me?"

- SurlySeraph

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

You mean...

He pales

Sorry. I was left in charge, whilst the surgeon talks with this visitor, some big-wig from DIS. We've been in chaos ever since the bombing. Guess no one had a chance to talk to you in the admin mess.

He quickly grabs a mirror from a table, and hands it to her

I'm afraid I haven't read your file, but first things first. Do you look right?

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, she does look like herself. They did well. Doc just doesn't know it
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Sheila nods slowly, then her eyes wien "What do you mean...LOOKS RIGHT!"

She takes what was supposed to be a threatening step but stumbles a bit.

- SurlySeraph

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

It has the same general effect.

I mean, you... you look like you're supposed to. That's... what I said, wasn't it?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

"Why would I need to LOOK the same? Aren't I me" Sheila glared at the young docter.

- SurlySeraph

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, you're you. Don't worry, you're fine.

He doesn't look reassuring though, and knows it

Look, I'm not qualified for this. I should go.

He moves to do so...
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Sheila lunged forward with a snarl "No you don't"

She grabbed his collar and picked him off the floor. He was almost immediatly dropped as she looked in horror at her hands. He began to crawl away and she grabbed the scruff of his neck.

Before she could do anything and clear voice rang out.

"Agent VanGoh, please calm down"
    flanked by the docter, Director Greystone walked into the room. His reddish hair, flecked with grey was mid length, past his ears. A carefully trimmed beard around his mouth and on his chin was obvious.

- SurlySeraph

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

A certian old looking doctor follows, fuming

Director, I know you like to do whatever the hell you want, but I must protest. This premature awakening is highly medically unsound, and the after affects could be...

Then he notices Shelia. And shuts up.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2009-01-27 at 03:28 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

"It appears that she is fine" stated Greystone calmly "Though a bit distressed."

Sheila had taken on the attitude of a wounded and cornered wolf. She backed away "What the hell have you people done to me?"

- SurlySeraph

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

How she appears is not the point. She hasn't been briefed yet. That's a bloody complex delicate procedure. Why do you think Psychologists get such bloody big pay-checks?

He sighs

If you think she's so fine. you tell her what happened. I wash my hands of it.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fine" The director snapped, he turned to Sheila and put his hands up "Agent VanGoh...Sheila"

"What the hell happened to me" uncaring of her disrespectful tone.

"You were blown out of The Nathan Branthis Building" he said "You were in critical condition and I-"

"You what?"

"I gave the order to give you a full cybernetic body..."

Sheila's mouth fell open and she pressed herself against the wall "no..."

"I'm afraid it was the only way to save your life" the Director said sadly.

She looked at him, then at the doctor "D-did anyone else survive?"

- SurlySeraph

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

The Helicopter pilots were fine. They were about the only ones

The Doctor looks away

One guy, an Agent Jessen, also survived. He too was bloody lucky. In fact, he lucked out more than you, sort of. We were able to keep him in an essentially normal body, with some major prosthetic work on his sipne

He looked to the Director

He won't be fit for Agency work though. I'm afraid this counts as a "permanent crippling injury" You can't force someone to go cybreized, not if they're concious. He was, just about and refused.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Sheila suddenly chuckled, though the sound was hollow "Stubborn bastard....Well good for Jessen" she turned to look at the Director "So I'm a cyborg"

"Well, you're a very special cyborg, one of a kind model if you will" the director nodded sagely "Your body is the best we had to offer"

Sheila looked at the doctor as if asking for a translation into non-enigmatic speech.

- SurlySeraph

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

He nods.

Your chassis is superior; reaction time boosted, energy conversion ratios ironed out, strength and manoeuvrability at far, far above stranded human.. Highest specs I've ever seen. Tops military issue. Why the good director felt it should be given to a newly cyberized, I don't know, asking for trouble

He continued

It's a prototype. In fact, as of three hours ago it's a discontinued prototype, cost far too much for wide usage. But it works.

Spoiler
    Show
    Chassis=Cyborg body
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Sheila opened her mouth, closed it, then sat on the bed "So I'm freak, a one of a kind freak...whopee"

she looked up "What happens to me now?"

"Well Sheila" the Director began "First you learn how to use that body, then you use it"

"Still for DIS?"

"If you'll have us"

"As a Wolf?"

"Naw" the director turned to leave "As an Eagle..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Timeshift! and btw, where is everyone else?

- SurlySeraph

26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I was waiting for Moral Wiz to finish with your stuff so he can post the reactions to our stuff.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    And I've been trying to decide whether to launch my graffiti campaign this turn or next turn.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just waiting to see what the results of this turn are.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Well, contact me if you need any spywork done, otherwise, I don't have much to do.
    Resident Vancian Apologist