New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Adventuring of the Oceans (IC)

Jackson

The boy looked down at the ship and back over at Hal, before swimming closer to investigate. Starting with that open hatch.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Hal peers through the hatch, then taps Jackson on the shoulder and shows him her open palm. She swims quickly (ooc: Using the "run" action underwater, since I have a swim speed, will let me go 120 feet a round) to the surface, where she breaks into the air long enough to refill her lungs and cast Dancing Lights. She waves and smiles at the ships, then dives back down under the waves to join Jackson.

Inside the ship they progress slowly - keeping an eye out for pockets of air and anything that might have decided to start living here.
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)

Avatar by Serpentine. Ezeze-doll by Recaiden.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

Since the ship is essentially a dungeon, I'm going to try and "draw" it for you... We'll take it nice and easy...

Once you dive down the hatch, you come upon a flight of stairs, leading down into a hallway. In this hallway, you have 4 options(check the figure);

1. Going through an open door into the storage area
    2. Opening the closed door, this door seems to emit a strange blue glow
    3. Going back up the stairs, out of the hatch and ship
    4. Going down the next flight of stairs, down to the next deck

Basically the green bits are the stairs, the thick black lines the outlines of the ship, the blue lines are doors(the door to the storage area is open, the other closed), and the green bits are the stairs, going up and down respectively.

The map will be updated as you explore the ship..
    Captain of the high seas..

DM of "Adventuring the Oceans"
    DM of "Is there a cleric in the house?"

Martin DenBerg in "The forgotten forge(3.5)"

Taste of my real life occupation;

Spoiler
    Show

Map of Oceanium; Updated 26-01-09

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Nedric

Still upset over his perception of failing to protect the captain, Nedric is very serious about his keeping watch, constantly circling the ship watching the horizon and looking into the dark waters.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Halcyone slides through the water next to the glowing door and casts Detect Magic on it, trying to distinguish the strength and school the spell on it. "Spellcraft" - (1d20+7)[15]
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)

6. - Top - End - #186

DruidGuy

Once you cast detect magic, you notice the spell was cast on the door frame rather than the door.. It casts a magic aura of faint strength...

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Halcyone looks over the seem where the door meets the frame carefully - does it look air tight? The last thing she wants to do is end up on the sea floor inside this thing.

8. - Top - End - #188

DruidGuy

The door fits the frame perfectly... Could very well be airtight... Could not be... You're not sure...

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

With a final glance over her shoulder at the exit - gauging how long it would take for her to get out of this ship - Halcyone's curiosity finally gets the better of her and she wrenches open the glowing door.

10. - Top - End - #190

DruidGuy

The door opens outward... The blue glow stays in place, in the doorframe. Behind the door is a room. It contains a desk, several chairs, and several cabinets full of scrolls. It looks like this room used to be a ship's office, or officers mess.

The odd thing is, everything behind the doorframe(and blue glow) seems dry...

In the back of the room, to the left is a small door. On the right side of the room, there is another door. Both are closed.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Hesitantly, Halcyone steps into the office - keeping close by the door for and continuing to hold her breath for a few seconds, wary of god only knows what, before she begins to breathe. She's hardly an alchemist, but if the air at least seems safe she'll enter further into the room and check the two other doors for the blue glow. She will close the door with the glow behind her and Jackson when he comes in, then explore any door without a glow, always closing them securely behind her. In this way she first checks towards the bow, then the stern, looking to see if it's safe enough to bring the others down.
    Last edited by Ezeze; 2009-02-17 at 11:46 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192

DruidGuy

Okay, indeed Hal, let's speed things up.

You explore the first deck, the door towards the front opens into what seems to be the captain's cabin. There are several chests here, and a bed. On the bed is a dwarf, sleeping.

I assume you close the door quietly, and eplore the other door, towards the back. It opens into the ships hold; In this hold you see several barrels, filled with gold, food and fresh water. You find another chest in this room, which is locked.

The cabinet in the ship's office is filled with scrolls..

Back towards the stairs is a small storage area, in there you find decomposed ship's sails, and 200 feet of elven rope(in good condition).

As far as you can judge, it would be safe to move the crew down here. Although you're not sure about the dwarf.

Map of the 1st deck, the squares filled with light blue are flooded, and thus need you to hold your breath.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

"We've been gone too long" Hal gestures towards the blue glowing door. "The others will be worried about us. We should go back and tell them what we found."

A short swim later, Hal (and probably Jackson) climbs the knotted rope back onto the deck of the ship. Halcyone barely even waits for her head to be deck-level before she says excitedly "You wont believe what we found!" That said, she refuses to say anything more until she has swing herself over the banister and everyone has assembled to hear her story. "The ship is about a hundred and forty, maybe a hundred and sixty feet down - there is some magic keeping at least one deck habitable, but we didn't have time to check the others. There are barrels of gold, but that isn't the biggest thing." Hal pauses for dramatic effect "There is still a dwarf on the ship! He didn't see us, I don't think, and we didn't want to approach him alone, but he was there."

14. - Top - End - #194

Jackson

"Yeah, I could have stayed down and attempted to talk to him... but I haven't met many dwarves. And I don't think he'll be too keen on us being there to still his treasure." The boy said, finishing his climb behind Hal, blushing by the time he got back up on the ship.

15. - Top - End - #195

Letting out a snort of laughter, "Hahaha, this may complicate things somewhat! Though we're out in the middle of the ocean, he's 20 fathoms under the sea on a sunken ship. Sounds to me like we trade hauling his ass back to port for salvage rights, it's not really a derelict while he's still onboard."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Relieved to see the two companions back, "Well, the best I know is a little Gnome, which will only offend him, but I do think it safer to have us all there versus just the two of you. He may want us to save him, or he may want to die with the ship, either way I think we all need to be there. Thank you much"

Slipping off his vest and tying his harpoon to his back, Raiyin stretches a few times and approaches the edge, "So everyone ready?"
    Fox
    25 years of tabletops and cheetos
    Avid Roleplayer/Loquacious Dungeonmaster

17. - Top - End - #197

Maxxon

"I will stay on our boat to make sure we don't get attacked. I'm not that good underwater yet." He says with a bit of apprehension.
    Member/founder of Psycho Squad Gaming Club
    Altering reality on a regular basis since 1980, ya i'm old

Thanks to Assassin 89 for the Ventrue avatar!

Current characters
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198

Jackson

"Awe, come on, Maxxon, wheres your sense of adventure?" The youth laughed, rubbing his nose a bit and wiping some wet hair out of his face.

19. - Top - End - #199

"Thanks Maxxon, but I don't think we need to worry right now, it's clear ocean as far as we can see, if Hal or Jackson's okay to come check if we're down there too long don't see why we all can't go down.

"Looks like it's bath time!"

Vincent strips off his armour and shirt, putting them in his footlocker with his hat and daggers. Returning to deck with his trousers rolled up and a strip of leather tying his shortswords firmly in their sheathes, a smile on his face as he jumps up onto the railing.

"Shall we?"

Edit - Once everyone's ready, Vincent will ask Hal to lead the way then dive in after her
    Last edited by Gmonkey; 2009-02-19 at 08:32 AM.

20. - Top - End - #200

RogueGuy

Nedric

Nedric sighs and nods "Ok I will go"
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

21. - Top - End - #201

Maxxon

"OK, but I will need help". He takes everything off down to loose shorts and follows.
    Member/founder of Psycho Squad Gaming Club
    Altering reality on a regular basis since 1980, ya i'm old

Thanks to Assassin 89 for the Ventrue avatar!

Current characters
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

blushing near fuchsia, Raiyen studders "I..errr..we..ehh..it isn't THAT far down...but..ehh..we will be fine...Now can we get going?"
    Fox
    25 years of tabletops and cheetos
    Avid Roleplayer/Loquacious Dungeonmaster

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wait, just a moment." Hal makes a point of running back for her bag - the Orb of Cure Light Wounds inside of it - before setting off with plans to confront the Dwarf. Back on deck she briefly checks to make sure the rope they used is still securely tied before jumping back into the water. She waits for everyone to assemble on the waters surface again, realizing that not everyone will want to jump like she did, then leads the party down to the ship by the shortest possible route, occasionally circling back to help stragglers (ooc: Hal is using Aid to give everyone +2 to swim, if I can. Just trying to ensure that no one drowns o the way down.) She leads them around to the hatch and opens the blue glowing door to let everyone file in.

24. - Top - End - #204

DruidGuy

As you enter the door to the ship's office; you notice the door to the captain's cabin has been opened.

Shortly after you enter; you hear someone call out "Aah, finally you're here! I was afraid I'd killed the crew for nothing. Let's loot this bugger. The captain confessed there is a scroll about the cargohold in the filing cabinet. I couldn't find it though." Now, the dwarf enters through the door, wearing his armor and weapons(; "Hey, I wasn't expecting you. They hired you to help us loot this ship?"

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Before anyone else can say anything, Hal interjects "Yes."
    "bluff" - (1d20+9)[29]
    "But why didn't you expect us? You thought they'd have you swim to shore?"

26. - Top - End - #206

Doing his best to keep up with Hal now, "What she said, you're a bit far out to swim, especially with all this gold" a grin as Vincent swaggers forward.

"Now, I take it you've searched the Captain's office? Without waiting for an answer, "No matter, I'll have a look as well. You get anything else that might be important?

27. - Top - End - #207

DruidGuy

The dwarf seems startled... "I expected .." he then suddenly stops "Aah, bugger, you know who I was expecting, don't you?" He raises his eyebrows, and continues; "I only hoped they'd had taken time to come themselves.. Hope you're up to it, it's quite a gruesome sight, getting past the slavedeck to the secure hold" He laughs; "And then you'll need to open it, while holding your breath"

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

"You held slaves on this ship?" Hal feels another surge of anger, but fights it down knowing it wouldn't be characteristic of someone who would do damage with these mysterious 'them's. "You'd think for something so important they would come themselves, wouldn't they? What do you think they're doing that could take time away from this?"

(ooc: C'mon Cy, you know you wanna drop some hints on who "they" are )

29. - Top - End - #209

Jackson

"No... er... I've never met them directly, can you tell us who they are?" Jackson asks. If there was one thing he hated more then goblins it was slavers. Maybe he was just developing a vendetta against short people.

"Why, is it filled with water?" He asked, wondering if his talents could come in handy again.

30. - Top - End - #210

RogueGuy

Nedric

Nedric is keeping his mouth shut.