New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Unfit for the Crown!

STAR WARS

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

UNFIT FOR THE CROWN

The Galactic Republic is in the grip of terror. A group of idealists claiming to be under the command of the young Senator ZAINE NABROSS have barricaded themselves inside the Congress of the Republic.

ZAINE NABROSS himself has refused to comment so a group of individuals have been sent to his battleship to end this diplomatically, including two JEDI KNIGHTS, the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy.

With the Congress of the Republic hanging in the balance, all hope goes with the group of diplomats. However, unknown to the galaxy, ZAINE NABROSS is only a figurehead to a much more disturbing plot that could CRIPPLE THE GALACTIC REPUBLIC FOREVER...

"Can we really pull that off, Senator?" The Rodian said to Corran Rendar in his native language, looking back and forth nervously.

"Yes, and it'll be easy as ryshcate pie." The Human Senator from Corellia smiled back smugly to his Aide. "As long as those pesky Jedi don't get involved, you know how they meddle..."

Meanwhile, at the Congress of the Republic...

"Those terrorist bastards have held nearly the entity of the Congress in there for hours now! This is a stand off! I'm sending in my security." Gordon Cristo yelled at the impassive Jedi Master Waric Nooram.

"We cannot risk the Congress. The Supreme Chancellor is in there." The human replied smoothly. A Rodian Aide soon approached.

"Excuse me," He said in a Rodian dialect of Basic, "Senator Corran Rendar isn't entrapped and, in the current crisis, that makes him Supreme Chancellor by default."

"Bull-" Gordon began.

"Its true, continue, my friend." Waric Nooram said evenly.

"These terrorists claim to be under the command of Senator Zaine Nabross. Senator Corran Rendar asks merely that we send a diplomatic party to find out if Zaine Nabross is involved and end this diplomatically. Its a better plan then getting the entire Congress killed..." The Rodian continued.

"Do I tell you how to do your-" Gordon yelled back.

"Let me discuss this with Grand Master Visas." Waric cut him off again. After a bit of banter, Waric left Paydon Gemini in charge of the crisis at the Congress and went to speak privately with Visas Culu.

Meanwhile, at the Jedi Temple...

"We know that the Senator is not to be trusted alone with this." Grand Master Visas Culu responded.

"Yes, Master, I know. He intends to try something." Waric replied.

"Corran Render has always hated Zaine Nabross. The young one is too much of an idealist." Meena Hoxz said, musing to herself.

"No Senator is to be trusted in my opinion." Dorn Tok stated.

"There have been attempts on Senator Zaine's life before..." Alema Vida mumbled, perhaps only loud enough for herself to hear.

"Then its decided we will send two of our own." Visas said, "Agreement?"

"Careful, we must be. Not so hasty, our decisions. Dark things. Much turmoil, I sense. More to this, there is." Master Yoda said wisely. The rest agreed.

"Its better to have our own there, just in case, Master Yoda." Visas said with a smile, "Who can we trust, but spare?"

"We can't spare anyone, the order is in drastic decline!" Kiera Lorus said with a little too much passion.

"What about Brea? A highly respected Jedi Knight." Maj-Odo-Seirr hypothesized.

"Yes, yes. A good choice." said Master Oraltor Nadon.

"Recently out of retirement. Wise beyond her years. She recently took on an apprentice- a humble young man. I met him once. She values diplomacy." Maj-Odo-Seirr continued.

"Excellent choice, Master Maj-Odo-Seirr. Summon her at once." The Grand Master said, and adjourned the meeting.

Karbin Osla and Kressk
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You would be perfect for this mission." The Rodian Aide said to Karbin Osla, "The Senator from your planet is in there as well and as one of his personal Aides you have a vested interest in this meeting. I've been observing you and I believe you have great potential, perhaps this is the time to- step up to the plate, so to speak? Yes, no?" The Rodian continued in his thick dialect.

"Make your way to the docks. There is a ship prepared for you. Take Senator Corran Rendars personal bodyguard, Kressk." He continued, allowing a large Transdoshan walk out. "Just to show you how invested my lord is in this mission... now, get acquainted, go, shoo."

You are, of course, free to loaf about his office or chat with your new bodyguard. He might get annoyed.

Ren Sargas
    Spoiler
    Show
    "...and so we're agreed." Senator Corran Render said, sitting behind his desk and eying the scoundrel as he held a sealed bag in his hand- containing a vast sum of money. He laid it down on the table.

"You'll get this once the job is done. Go to the docks, my people are already preparing a crew for you." The powerful Senator smiled.

You are, of course, free to loaf around his office. Although, he might shoot at you. Just for sport.

Jono Basa and HAAL-S34
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Excuse me, sir?" A young Corellian man said to Jono Basa as he approached, a small droid traveling with him. "My master, Corran Render, considers you a most valuable contact and would like you to travel on a diplomatic mission to save the Republic. He sends his regrets that he could not be here himself, but in return he offers you this custom Protocol Droid designated SIP-3 and his thanks." The man said, reciting the message perfectly.

"He goes on to say that there is a ship waiting at the docks. Its of paramount importance, sir." He continues, looking meek.

You are, of course, free to continue your walk or smack him in the face, or chat with your new Protocol Droid. Or the Protocol Droid can drag you to that dock, your choice.

Tallulah Sigh
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We were commissioned for a diplomatic mission." Captain James Daniels spoke in a very commanding tone, sitting in the captains chair on this shiny transport vehicle. You were a part of the crew on the Ambassadors Arms, probably for a little extra cash.

You were already stationed at the dock. "Tallulah, would you kindly prepare the rooms for our guests?" The Captain asked you, leaning over to direct his question to you.

You could loaf about. But those rooms don't prepare themselves. Punch him in the face and leave, but it'd be terrible to spend the adventure in the brig.

Brea and Kelso
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We need you, Brea. This would be a small diplomatic mission, nothing should go wrong. Please, make sure nothing goes wrong. The last thing we need is an intergalatic incident." Master Waric Nooram said, shaking his head.

"Good training for your apprentice, and for you. Some work out in the field. Usually, we wouldn't send just any knight, but Maj-Odo-Seirr recommended you, and you as well as anyone know the current plight of the Jedi..." He trailed off sadly. "Come, follow me. We'll be lucky if Corran Render didn't make them take off without us." He finished, and walked towards the docks.

You don't loaf. You're Jedi.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Right then. Things your characters should know.

The year is precisely 162 BBY. Look it up on wookiepedia. Its over 100 years before the Phantom Menace.

Senator Zaine Nabross is a idealistic young human Senator from Chandrilla that stirs up a lot of trouble for his talk.

Senator Corran Render is an older and shady Senator from Corellia who is known to be outspoken against Zaine Nabross. Him being Supreme Chancellor would be very, very bad for the universe.

Supreme Chancellor Valiant Valorum is hardly his namesake, first or last. A weak willed, pitiful, and easily bribable man. Currently trapped in the Congress of the Republic.

Terrorists have barricaded in the Congress of the Republic, and have trapped the entire body of the Republic inside with them. If I don't mention a Senator, then they are probably trapped in there.

The Jedi as a whole are also drasticly reduced for some unexplained reason at this time. There have been less and less force sensitive youths being born and the waning power of the Jedi allows them to take the ones that are born less and less.

The current Jedi High Council on Coruscant is comprised of:
    Master Yoda - Jedi Master
    Master Tarkov - Male Wookiee
    Master Alema Vida - Female Twi'lek
    Master Kiera Lorus - Female Human
    Master Waric Nooram - Male Human
    Master Paydon Gemini - Male Human
    Master Maj-Odo-Seirr - Male Cerean
    Master Oraltor Nadon - Male Ithorian
    Master Dorn Tok - Male Kel Dor
    Master Meena Hoxz - Female Mon Calamari
    Master Visas Culu - Female Miraluka - Grand Master
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2009-01-23 at 11:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Unfit for the Crown!

Tallulah is preparing the rooms, as the captain of the ship requested. Working just hard enough to not get fired, being just respectful enough to not get thrown in the brig. I could describe exactly what she is doing, but really she wont be very interesting 'till stuff starts to happen
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)

Avatar by Serpentine. Ezeze-doll by Recaiden.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Save the Republic, eh? That certainly sounded like an interesting assignment. Percicely that sort of thing that could change a normal, albeit promising, career in diplomacy to a fast-track to politics. It was bothersome that he had received so little information though. It was Jono's firm opinion that whoever had the most intel usually ended up the winner and in this matter he knew almost nothing at all.

"SIP-3, was it?" Jono asked the droid. "I need to make a few calls. Feel free to go ahead to the docks. Tell the others..." What others? Jono realized he didn't even know who else was part of the mission but it seemed unlikely that he would be alone with the droid on what seemed to be a very sensitive matter. "Tell them that I'll a few minutes behind you. This shouldn't take very long."

Without waiting for the droid to response Jono walked away from him, in the opposite direction of the docks, until he was certain that no one was close enough to overhear him contacting everyone he could imagine having even a little bit of information on the matter.

OOC: I realize that Gather Information is supposed to take a while but I figured Jono puts out some "hooks" now and doesn't learn any information until later (if at all). If that's not an acceptable way of using Gather Information, just consider it some nifty role-playing.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kressk

"I have only been told your name and that I am to protect you, the resst of the memberss in the misssion and to secure my employer'ss intristss. Sso, tell me about yourself Mon Clalamari." He says sitting down in a chair while laying his carbine in his lap.

Spoiler
    Show
    Did I portrey him well?
    Last edited by Gourtox; 2009-01-24 at 08:36 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Ren Sargas

With a slight nod, Ren let himself out of the office quietly. The grand hallway of the Palace was becoming a familiar sight to him. He casually strode down the hallway, already lost in numbers and codes. His light frame and pale skin were evidence to his trade, earned through many nights and even more days huddled in the dark over a dim computer screen. His short, black hair was messy and uncared for, as were his well-worn clothes. The pistol by his side was clean and well taken care of, if not especially unique or often used.

Ren stepped up to the large magnetic doors. The guards, recognizing him, nodded and let him pass from Senatorial Quarters and headed for the shipdocks.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: ((Assuming that we're in the Imperial Palace and that it's daytime.))
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Karbin

Karbin's right eye stares at Kressk, examining him. He is unimpressed with this bodyguard of Senator Rendar, who wastes time sitting down and having a chat while there are more important matters to attend to. Very important matters indeed. Still, given the nature of this mission, as long as Kressk can shoot well and stand between blaster bolts and himself, he has his uses, "Then you know most of the important information, I am the aide of Senator Toveres, and we have a mission to do. We need to get to the dock and be on our way, in order to solve this crisis. The very survival of the Senate depends upon it!" Once Kressk is up and ready to move, Karbin heads out, down to the docks, with Kressk in tow.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Kelso

Kelso follows in silence as Master Nooram leads him and his master to their destination, but behind his stoic facade his thoughts are in turmoil. Worry dominates... He worries about being sent on a mission before his training is complete, he worries about the 'intergalactic incident' alluded to as a potential consequence of the mission, and he worries once more if he might not be cut out for all this Jedi business after all.

He seeks comfort in the Force.

Use the Force (Search Your Feelings): (1d20+6)[7]

His inability to find the Jedi's constant companion unnerves him further.

"Master,"
    he says, after a moment's hesitation, "I... don't feel anything. I sought guidance through the Force with regard to this mission, just as you've taught me... but I felt... nothing."

Real fear is apparent in his usually calm eyes.
    Last edited by Ascension; 2009-01-24 at 12:30 AM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Lykainon View Post
    Save the Republic, eh? That certainly sounded like an interesting assignment. Percicely that sort of thing that could change a normal, albeit promising, career in diplomacy to a fast-track to politics. It was bothersome that he had received so little information though. It was Jono's firm opinion that whoever had the most intel usually ended up the winner and in this matter he knew almost nothing at all.

"SIP-3, was it?" Jono asked the droid. "I need to make a few calls. Feel free to go ahead to the docks. Tell the others..." What others? Jono realized he didn't even know who else was part of the mission but it seemed unlikely that he would be alone with the droid on what seemed to be a very sensitive matter. "Tell them that I'll a few minutes behind you. This shouldn't take very long."

Without waiting for the droid to response Jono walked away from him, in the opposite direction of the docks, until he was certain that no one was close enough to overhear him contacting everyone he could imagine having even a little bit of information on the matter.

OOC: I realize that Gather Information is supposed to take a while but I figured Jono puts out some "hooks" now and doesn't learn any information until later (if at all). If that's not an acceptable way of using Gather Information, just consider it some nifty role-playing.
    SIP-3
    Without saying a word the little silver droid turns around and heads off into the direction of the docks. The droid doesn't bother looking at anything, but just takes the fastest route to the hangar. It takes only a few minutes to get to the hangar where he waits for his new contact to arrive. With patience born of not having any other choice the droid sits and waits for that sentient meatbag to get here as promised. Meatbag would do fine since he received no designation of who he was.

OOC:
    Was hosting my own game in real life, that explains where I was. Also it was an underwhelming first post I know, but I am just a little tired of DnD at the moment. We played for most o the day. :P
    Last edited by Gamgee; 2009-01-24 at 01:42 AM.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

9. - Top - End - #9

Tallulah
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Tallulah!" Captain James Daniels said, after she returned from her little straightening up job. "You weren't here for the announcement. Apparently, we've been employed by Senator Corran Rendar to transport some diplomats to Senator Zaine Nabross' flagship." James Daniels said, sound impressed for this ship to have been picked for such a mission by Corran Rendar himself.

Karbin Osla, Kressk, Ren Sargas and SIP-3
    Spoiler
    Show
    With no time to waste, all of you jet off towards the docks. You all eventually come acorss the single ship in yard- a clean looking diplomat ship emblazoned the Ambassadors Arms. It looks like it has no weapons. There is aslo a droid beside it, waiting.

Either by waiting here, or you all meet up at around the same time, you eventually gather together.

Jono Basa
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jono Basa only manages to find out general information about the current situation at the Congress, mainly that most Senators are trapped inside and the terrorists claim Zaine Nabross as their leader, but he has refused to comment. Apparently, Corran Render was gathering a group of diplomats to go try to make contact with the Senator. He promises to get back to you when he has more information.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't worry about it. :P

This next part is going to be a little rough, you'll all be together on this small ship. Once you get there i'll split you up more permanently and allow all of you to fade in and out of groups with the other players.
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2009-01-24 at 03:22 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

In reality, Brea has her own apprehension regarding this mission. So many possibilities to go wrong... Though she might be preoccupied a little, the tall Cerean still has an open ear for her Padawan's worries.

"Do not worry, Kelso. The Force is always there, but your ability to connect with it is still growing - do not be afraid. Fear and doubt limit it more than a lack of training. Allow your fear, and let it pass through you. Let go of it, breath deeply, and try again. I know what you are capable of, even if you do not, yet. Experience cannot be forced."
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

Wonderful Avatar by Ceika

11. - Top - End - #11

Kressk

Let's see what we got here. A politician, a Republic technician, and a droid. The droid looks like it can hold his own in a fight, but the technician and the politician are gonna need some looking after. "Hello I'm Kressk and I'll be the one helping to make ssure you all don't die on thiss little trip. Now let's get on the sship. Who wantss to go firsst?" He says all this while carefully watching those he is talking to and his surroundings. He knows that even now they could be attacked. He then looks at the ship thinking If that thing has no weapns we're in trouble.
    Last edited by Gourtox; 2009-01-24 at 08:38 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Tallulah smiled uneasily "Senator Corran Rendar, huh? The" mentally she inserted a few less-then polite but very descriptive adjectives "Senator from Corellia?" They'd spent the last few weeks docked at Corellia, giving the crew (and the Captain) time for leave. If one thing can be said for Tallulah it's that she never wastes time. Within a day or so she managed to procure two things. The first was an invitation to a formal state party, and the second was a little black dress with a neckline low enough to cause a scandal. She then proceeded to use both to devastating effect. She'd expected attention and got a good deal of it from Rendar who, all other qualities aside, was a very powerful and dangerous man - and quite worthy, she decided early on, of occupying the whole of her short vacation. He'd asked her to keep quiet about it, since he styled himself defender of a Human Corellia. She'd consented because hypocrisy and lust were vices she's grown accustomed to, and she was happy remaining anonymous. But then she found out about Rendar's wife, Orinda. Not a girlfriend, or a consort, or a concubine, she wouldn't have minded those so much, but a wife who was helping him with his constant campaigning and taking care of their two-year old and four-month old children. Things like that matter, and one trip to his house later Tallulah had a very powerful enemy. Rendar was paying Orinda a tidy sum to keep the whole affair quiet for the sake of his image, and Tallulah was staying silent as a favor to Orinda - whom she felt she'd hurt quite enough. Quickly she reflected; had she told Rendar what she did for a living? Yes, she had. Had she told him where? No, but that wouldn't be too hard to find out. There were thousands of ships on Correlia, this couldn't possibly be a coincidence. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), Captain James Daniels didn't know any of this, so Tallulah just smiled "very nice, sir."
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)

13. - Top - End - #13

Brea and Kelso
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Be mindful of your feelings, young Padawan. In time, you will learn to trust in the Living Force." Waric said, nodding at Brea and giving Kelso a reassuring smile. "There she is- the Ambassadors Arms. A lovely diplomatic ship." Waric said, nodding in approval. You see it in the dock, shiny and ready for take off.

"Good luck to both of you, and may the Force be with you." The Master said, giving them one last look before turning to leave.

It looks like there is a bit of a crowd here already, presumably the other members of the mission.
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2009-01-24 at 05:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Brea

She eyes the crowd with curiosity, trying to get a first impression of them. "And this is just a diplomatic mission? It seems to be a lot of effort for something so benign." A shrewd look passes over her face. "So who did throw his weight around to get us all involved? And what do they really want?"

The Cerean places her hand on her Padawans shoulder. "Well, what do you think, young Kelso?"
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

15. - Top - End - #15

SIP-3
    Looking out over the ship the small silvery looking droid was slowly making his way across the ship. His light blue eye never wavering. Finally he looked around at all those around him, it took just a second. Finally a diagnostic appeared on his visual scanners. The ship was apparently from here quite unarmed and there were no obvious secret compartments. The crew didn't look like they were ready to handle anything if it got rough. Finally there were a few odd beings around, none of them registered on the threat scale except for the other droid. Droids always registered a one on the threat scale simply because they could easily be concealed weapons.

Curious to know more SIP-3 rolls over to the droid standing beside the ship. Looking at the droid nothing is obviously apparent "What is your designation? I wish to know so that I can work in unison with any other service droids that may be present."
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

16. - Top - End - #16

Ren

Ren noticed the gathering crowd and nervously watched the floor. Experience had put him in with smugglers and criminals, and he had no way to act around diplomats and Jedi. The ship seemed, insofar as he could tell, reliable. He didn't notice any obvious weapons, and he hoped they wouldn't need them on this trip. There was a Trandoshan sitting with a rifle, obviously hired muscle, but he seemed less monstrous than some Ren had met. He almost seemed polite. It gave him a unique quality, and Ren decided to keep his eye on him. He also noticed a small number of droids and unimportant nobles. At least one of the droids was an unfamiliar design to Ren, but he was more used to their inner workings anyway. His palms tingled, and he longed for something to do. He felt exposed here, in the open.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

17. - Top - End - #17
    Halfling in the Playground

After finishing up what had turned out to be a rather pathetic excuse for intelligence gathering, Jono headed for the docks himself. The information regarding the ship waiting for him had been as sparse as the information regarding everything else tied to this mission but luckily the protocol droid seemed to have found the right ship and was waiting next to group of people one would have to assume was the rest of the group.

Certainly a diverse collection by the looks of them. Some of them were no doubt military back-up in case something went wrong. That was the good part. Some of them seemed to be Jedi. That was the bad part.

Jono realized that the Jedi were theoretically on his side, especially in a crisis the required 'saving the Republic'. But that didn't mean he had to like them. They were extremely competent most of the time, no doubt about that, the only previous time Jono had met a Jedi up close was when he saw one defending himself from robbers at Nar Shaddaa. It had been short and brutal. But from studying reports and through rumors, Jono had came to the conclusion that a Jedi was like a warship with a conscience. Extremely useful when triggered but not pragmatic enough to be of use most of the time.

"Ladies and gentlemen" Jono greeted everyone with a nod and a smile that people who didn't know better would have taken for a real one. "My name is Jono Basa, diplomat of the Republic. It is my sincere pleasure to meet all of you."

18. - Top - End - #18

BlueWizardGirl

Kelso

"I think we can't possibly be too cautious in this situation," Kelso admits to Brea. After Jono greets the group he adds, in a low voice, "...and I think the bigger the mouth, the more trouble it can bring."
    Last edited by Ascension; 2009-01-24 at 08:31 PM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Captain James Daniels walked out from his ship to greet the assembled masses. "Greetings, diplomats!" He said cheerfully, "It is my sworn duty to get all of you there and back safely, and I will not defer on my responsibilities. If you need anything on the voyage, please refer to Ensign Tallulah." The Captain continued, gesturing both for all of you to enter the lush ship and toward the young Twi'Lek.

"And I'll be joining you, and briefing you along the way." A shrill voice said from behind, as Senator Corran Render's oblivious Rodian Aide walked out. "Well, chop chop, we don't want to be late for somewhere we weren't invited, yes, no?" He chirped out and entered the ship.

The droid beeped back at SIP-3, but you understood it as, "T7-D7, Astromech and Utility Droid. Pleased to make your acquaintance." Before rolling past you and up the ramp into the ship.
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2009-01-24 at 09:17 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Ren

Ren stepped onto the ship, his eyes lingering on the female Twi'lek. He made sure to step to the side quickly, so no one would have to touch him to walk by. He looked around at the ship he would be staying on and wondered if he had his own room or if he would be sharing with someone. Mentally, as he did every time someone introduced themselves, he checked his memory for Daniels' name. Ren had sliced some incriminating files on a number of Coruscant's populace, but he remembered nothing on the Captain. Either he was clean or Ren hadn't run the files personally.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Arriving at the docks, Karbin takes account of the other beings who seem to be here for the same reason as himself. From the lightsaber at the belt of one them, it would seem that Jedi have been assigned to this mission as well, which comes as no real surprise to Karbin. Jedi may not be as knowledgeable in politics as true diplomats or senators, but they had their own ways of making people see their point of view, or so he had heard, as he has never worked with one before. As for the rest of them, there was a official of some sort and a protocol droid, as well as some human of more questionable purpose. Having grown up on Mon Calamari and seen far more elegant and grand modes of transportation, Karbin was not impressed with the ship itself, but this model should serve it's purpose.

After Jono introduced himself, Karbin extended him a webbed hand, "Karbin Osla, aide to Senator Toveres, hopefully we will be able to bring this crisis to a peaceful end." Anything further was cut off when the Captain walked out and made his welcome. Karbin then entered the ship after the Rodian.

22. - Top - End - #22

Kressk

He studied the ship hoping that it at least had some secret weapons before he notices that there are some people at the docks with lightsabers hanging from their belts. Jedi, I had expected for a few of them to come with us and I bet they will be able to hold their own in a fight. After the captains announcement his eye is drawn to the young Twi'Lek called Tallulah. As he looks he asesses her for possible combat skills. She might be able to hold her own in a fight. He then folllows Karbin into the ship.
    Last edited by Gourtox; 2009-01-25 at 08:51 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

SIP-3
    The organics had all gathered into a convenient zone for him to watch over. This was making the job easy, but first he had to do one last thing. He had to scout out the interior of the ship and memorize the basic layout. He could search in detail later, but for now a layout was needed. Taking one last glance at the group to make sure they were all doing the meatbag thing SIP-3 entered the ship and began to explore its interior. He was doing a basic sweep of the ship and all of its floors, anything he didn't have access to he would skip and get back to later.

OOC: If you could PM me a floor plan of the ship and anything I am able to access/not access it would be great.
    Last edited by Gamgee; 2009-01-25 at 09:12 PM.

Exile

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Tallulah inclines her head slightly as Captain Daniels indicates her. These were Important People - worthy of the capital letters. There were even Jedi! She'd heard of them, but never met any. She held her tongue as the others handled introductions, but listened. The others knew her name, but she couldn't say the same for any of them just yet.

25. - Top - End - #25

BlueWizardGirl

Kelso

Kelso shoots a sideways glance at Brea, expecting a response from her, but when she does not respond... who knows, maybe both her brains are elsewhere... he takes a timid step forward.

"On behalf of my master and myself I'd like to say we thank you for allowing us the use of your ship."
    Last edited by Ascension; 2009-01-25 at 11:56 PM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Brea

Brea's lips twitch a little as her Padawan makes his statement. "Yes, thank you for your aid, Captain. I am Brea and this is my Padawan, Kelso."
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

27. - Top - End - #27

BlueWizardGirl

Kelso

"At your service,"
    Kelso adds reflexively, half-bowing.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Captain Daniels greets everyone graciously and informs them of their rooms, but suggests that it won't be a very long trip. The ship isn't very large and seems like it was made for a smaller party of diplomats. There isn't a large crew either, with the Captain, Tallulah, the droid and only two other crew members stationed aboard. It looks pretty luxurious though, and it seems like you'll be traveling in style.

Once all of you are aboard, the Captain informs all of you to buckle up and takes off in the wild black yonder. Once out in space, Captain Daniels smiles and says that you are now free to move about the cabin.

"Now, now, quiet down, quiet." Rodian Aide Navik says to those seated, "Senator Zaine Nabross is an idealist." He begins, briefing you. "He believes that power is too great to be held by the Council, that one day someone will get too powerful. He doesn't voice these opinions often and works just fine- but its what he believes. Which is why it wasn't such a big stretch that these terrorist might be working for him, as they said." The Rodian Aide cleared his throat, "He also values beauty most of all. His ship will be very lavish. Unfortunately, hes been... bitter about... an accident." The Rodian said, rubbing his eyes. "Zaine Nabross used to be very attractive, by most peoples admission. A model before a Senator. But he was recently scarred in an accident... whatever you do, do not mention the scar, do not look at the scar, don't even think about the scar." The Rodian cautioned.

29. - Top - End - #29

Ren

Ren speaks for the first time. His low, quiet voice is nonetheless well spoken and clean of any inflection or accent. It carries surprisingly well in the silence after the Rodian speaks. "How did he get the scar?"

Spoiler
    Show

Oh star fall down on me
    Hold on, let me think

30. - Top - End - #30

Kressk

He looks at the republic technician quitly talking. Unused to speaking quietly speaking in his usual volume he bluntly says, "Yess, what happened to him? What ssort of accident wass it? Wass it an accident of deadly kind or whatt?" Could there be more enemies than I thought? He thinks, trying to remember any enemies of the senator.
    Last edited by Gourtox; 2009-01-26 at 07:22 PM.