New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: LoC: Chains of Aeon - IC 2

"...oh ahm so sahree! We 'ave no Lil-uum 'ere! Sank 'oo, please to come agaihn!...zat was not a pun!"

His head vanishes from above...then swiftly reappears.

"Ooh...but if you mean the Lilim...well yes. We have lots of them. But uh...they're not yours, you see...they're mine. I made them. And they're not creatures of Lust with a capital L...they're warriors and diplomats and...em, you know what? I have a feeling you're not listening so I've decided I'm just going to beat you instead because I don't like you."

...in the next instant he shoots from the balcony with preternatural speed, baring down on Somi like so many bats out of hell, blade first.

((Initiate Combat (free): Combat Modifiers...+3 DR, +2 Combat Artifact))

(1d6+5)[11]
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2009-02-08 at 12:52 AM.
    I apologize for drawing CockroachTeaParty as a winged centaur.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Somi smirks as the blade goes into his chest, exiting out the other end. "That hurts." The smirk never leaves Somi's face, the blade exiting out of Somi's back. "However, you have taken one slight oversight in attacking me. I'm a God. You do not know how to kill me." Somi wore red, expecting such an attack. "This was so to be expected, while a temper is very much expected for such a creep as you. Attractive as you are, you have no talent for the deal. You are a creature of half-deals and lies. So, you cannot kill me. I suggest you stop this worthless attacks on my person."

Somi just smiled, "You tried to kill me, you have however, only succeeded in desecrating my wardrobe."

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Tea Party in space
    "Don't think you can threaten me. I will not be intimidated."

After a chuckle, he adds, "But as it happens, I'm bound to make all kinds of enemies, most of whom I doubt appreciate the value of one one combat. Or at least have the good sense to be frightened of my skill.

More importantly though..."

he turns to Tome-La, "I'm hoping there might be an exchange of information. Which those of us who have any intelligence..." he glares at Burkek for a moment, "recognize as real strength."
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming that Somi lost this battle, my max isn't enough for anything short of 'dead' or whatever that is. Sooo yeah. He just got a dramatic pose damnit!

Somi Warok still smiling then coughed up some blood, "That doesn't look good." with the last bit of his strength Somi sent a burst of power to the Outsiders, to one in particular Burkek.

With that, Somi fell and a pile of roses took his place. Where did he go? Nobody knows.

Meanwhile....

The Contessa, The Tea Party.

The Contessa shivers.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

A lone Warlock was praying. Though he had succeeded in summoning several demons, it was not enough, this particular Warlock wanted more, he wanted more power to create the chaos and change which was his natural calling. So far Glabrezus and Immoliths were fine and dandy, but he wanted more... much more.

And so the Warlock prepared a bloody sacrifice, a caludron full of body parts from victims boiled brining out a vile and sinister red smoke, as the Warlock begins to call out.

"Who ever would listen to me, be you god or messenger from hell, it makes no difference to me! I require power and strength! More power than can ever be imagined! I want to use that power to spread unspeakable chaos upon the world! I want to create the greatest menace this world has ever seen. These creatures are a start but we have no purpose, so who out there will hear my plea?"

At first nothing happens, it would seem that the Warlock got largely ignored. Then the cauldron starts to shake as the smoke intensifies. And from within the red smoke, the Warlock can see a pair of bloodshot eyes peering at him. All of a sudden a massive arm shoots out from within the smoke and grabbing the Warlock from his robe brings him face to face with a massive creature who didn't seem too happy being here.

"WUT IZ DA BIG IDEA CALLIN' ME OUT HERE! YUZ SPEAKIN' IZ VERY ANNOYIN'!"

The Warlock half in a state of ecstasy and half in a state of fear manages to stammer out

"Y-y-you are the one to lead us? Oh! M-m-mighty one! I care not what you ask of me! Just give me the power I desire!"

"YUZ IZ ASKIN' FINKZ FROM ME? WHY I OUTTA..."

Luckily for the Warlock as Burkek was about to rip him in half, Burkek notices the strange creatures lurking about.

"Huh? Wat are doze?" he asks pointing towards those creatures

"Those? Those are demons?"

"Demonz huh?..... hmmmmm........"

Burkek thinks for a moment, and then gives the Warlock a toothy smile.

"RIGHT YUZ IZ COMMIN' WIT ME! YUZ MINE NOW!" and before the Warlock can say anything else, Burkek pulls him in, the Warlock mysteriously disappearing. It wasn't long before dark energies could be felt emanating from locations across the Mad Moon.

Mt. Da Big Tall Place

Returning from his buisness of having mortals keep annoying him with silly things such as 'prayers' Burkek returns to Mt. Da Big Tall Place. Where he sits down and contemplates on the greater Orcish philosophies of life. Bringing out his two hammers he starts to talk rhetorically.

"Yuz know... at one point it had been da Orcy way to always sez dat da only fink better dan a hamma, is anudder hamma. But seein' da pointy earz fight da furriez made me realize somefink... if da only fink better dan a hamma is anudder hamma... den da only fink better dan anuuder hamma... IZ AN EVEN BIGGA HAMMA!"

With that Burkek slams Mah Hamma! and Mah Udda Hammer together, shaking the very foundation of the Orcish Mountains, and causing several avalanches which buried several tribes under tons of snow.

What was left, was Burkek holding a single massive hammer in his hand

(AP0= Spend 1 AP to unite the two hammers together, and with Somi's AP transfer imbue it once, Mah Big Hamma! is now a +3 battle artifact)

Burkek raises Mah Big Hamma! into the sky and roars in triumph. It is at that moment that the Contessa arrives looking downcast.

"Whatz da matta? Yuz iz lookin' sad... yuz not even feelin' like bashin' some of da boyz?"

The Contessa forces Burkek to bend down so that she could whisper into his ear the fate of his friend. Burkek's face turns into one of unspeakable rage.

"WHAT DO YUZ MEAN HE IZ GONE! HE CAN'T BE GONE! YUZ IZ FINKIN' STUPID! I IZ GONNA GO FIND SOMI! YUZ WAIT AND SEE!"

And with that Burkek leaps in a vain search for his freind. Sadly the Contessa holding in her hands the Seal of the Outsiders watches as her master's race, the Beliski are slowly making their trek down the Orcish Mountians. Holding up the seal she points it towards the Beliski.

(Use the Seal's weekly power X2 for last week, bless the Beliski twice, basically the Contessa is blessing them on behalf of Burkek)

It was the least she could do for her master's favourite race.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2009-02-08 at 08:33 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Island of regrets
    "Hmmph! Pretty rude considering this is my island. Should I eat him?"

"But if I eat you, it could cause problems."

"Okay! Not going to eat you. Bye!"

She vanishes

As to the group of Orcs who had taken upon fighting amongst themselves? Well, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the ravenous, unthinking zombies are probably going to overwhelm them. Which they do.

And so, they continue marching forward, as if driven by something. Like they knew something... or maybe they're just stupid and broken and locked into that direction. That probably makes more sense.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

7. - Top - End - #217
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Alemar

Alemar shrugs. "Extreme conditions force one to take extreme measures. Just like any large force can only be stopped by an equal or larger force. Although I hope your new creations will learn the value of religion. After all, they are our children. Who better to help them grow than their parents? Even if we stay aloof, we will still be there to help them stand back up when they fall."
    "If they fall." Tresnaya smiles at Alemar, but her smile all of a sudden turns to dust. Her eyes grow wide, and stare out at a point behind Alemar's head. Her body shakes. "How did-" Her breathing speeds up. "But we had-"

The Mannequins

The first Mannequin looked up at the moon above her. It sat there, moving, she knew, but seemingly immovable. It shone a cold light on the dark desert. She wondered at it. Than she looked at the rest of the sky. There were smaller lights out there, dotting the sky. At them too, did she marvel. Than she looked at the ground around her feet, and was disgusted. The ground was covered in sand, with slabs of rock sticking out. She stepped off of the slab she was currently standing on, and into the sand. To her delight, it was cool. It wasn't long before the moon disappeared behind the horizon, and the sun came up.

The Mannequin was sad. All the beauty was gone. She gave a sigh for the moon. "Fah..." She gave a name to the moon. "Fah." She gave a name to the ground below her feet. "Geu." She gave a name to the sun. "Foh."

The other Mannequins woke among blinding light. They were greeted with a proclamation: It is daytime. "Fohshuh!"
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2009-02-08 at 12:20 PM.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Gallan

Other than wincing in pain, Gallan's expression hadn't changed as the god assaulted him. Desperate strikes against Alaraxar with Disart only kept the god from completely ripping him apart.

Then the god grabbed Gallan by his collar, lifting him up to devour him alive. Gallan, with the last reserves of his strength, sliced off the appendage that the Wild Hunter held him with and fell onto the Wild Hunter, stabbing his divine blade down into the Wild Hunter with all the force he could muster.

One, two! One, two! Gallan stabbed the Wild Hunter again and again, the shining blade snicker-snacking as it lashed deep within the god's bowels. Gallan never made a noise, relentlessly assaulting the god.

Sometimes, the mouse cornered by a serpent turns out to be a mongoose.
    Alaraxar

"GaAaAaAaAaAaAaHHHHH!" Alaraxar staggered backward. Beneath would could be a hundred million miles of shifting vine-like appendages Gallan's blade pierced one of the god's hearts. Each piece of him began to cry out and the gnollish form broke down into a mountain of snaking arms.

Black rain poured out from the cuts and the ground melted where it hit. "Challenge... success..." The high-pitched shrieked scattered the swarms of lamia and drove off Alaraxar's hordes of ghouls. They abandoned the combat and headed out toward the shore. By flight or walking the ocean floor they left the land of the sidhe.

The gnolls, on the other hand, cut away from their battle with the sidhe to rally on their injured lord. As they closed the distance they growled and attacked Alaraxar with their claws and weapons. Flailing tentacles plucked away each of them and dragged them screaming into the whirling abyss. As the skirmish continued Alaraxar's broken heart was tore loose and took off into the sky.

"Gallan... Heh. And now who comes to challenge me?"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

*Nethril*

"Moron..."

The Imp King examines the profuse amount of blood on his sword before purging it with a flicker of green flames. The eyesore patch of roses meets the same fate, consumed in divine flames...their ashes cast away to the surface world. We wasn't about to leave something garish and red on his doorstep.

He spins on the spot, replaces his blade in its scabbard and begins the ascent up his tower and back to Jin's split identity splinter. Along the way, he whispers a message to the Wyrmfather.

"A newly born abomination? I would begin your search in the realm of those savage green oafs. Their god is a creature of chaos and undirected malevolence. I would not be surprised if he were the one to unleash some fresh disaster upon this world...one that could very well rend it asunder."

He grinned as he recalled Somi's last words. A liar indeed! If only the gods knew he very nearly incapable of speaking anything but the truth. Misrepresentation was an entirely different matter.

A long pause... "HA! Quadrupeds! HAHAHA!"

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather, Diespiter

The Wyrmfather nodded to the Imp Kings whispered words. He indeed began looking closer to the mountains of Burkek, however he was worried for his children. He told Blood Scale to look over the Skalnaya's island, and report any new monstrosities, and an example of such, to him.

Meanwhile...

Mountains

The Dragons' armies were on the move again, marching closer to Brisdur as the Inferi began the completion of their infilitration, and the Shadow Dragons prepared to drop, literally, down on the city.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Alaraxar

"Well sidhe, we'll have to meet again... really... soon..." The god shuddered and rose up on two massive wings. One vile eye coiled downward toward Gallan but in a flash it was struck out with a spear. The Predator Lord screamed again and twisted away from the weapon, snaring Vanen and pulling him up into the sky.

A pair of tendrils coiled around Vanen's neck, forcing their way into his eye sockets and down through his arteries. With a sudden pop the warrior exploded within his armor and was tossed into the sea. "Sick of these mortals..."

He soared away into a passing storm and disappeared from the sidhe lands. The legacy of the war was all that remained.

Up Above the World So High...

Alaraxar's sundered black heart churned within a whirlwind of bleak energy.

(4 = 8 - 4 (Create Exarch #2))
    Last edited by Maerok; 2009-02-08 at 06:29 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Pohloh had already all but forgotten about his 'little accident' in his magical experimentations.

He decided to take a break from his studies and visit the eternal coldfather's realm. It had, after all, been far too long since he visited his second children.

"Father Pohloh...what brings you to my realm?"

"Our realm, coldfather."

"Yes...ours. Here on business?"

"No, my favorite child. Simply to see what you've done since I last visited a thousand years ago."

"Oh, that long? You simply must see--"

"Harlequin. Was I adressing you?"

"Well, no, Pohloh, I suppose--"

"Then why did you speak to me?"

"I was just saying that--"

"You will be silent."

And Harlequin found his mouth ensorcelled such that it couldn't make a sound.

"Where were we, coldfather?"

He smiled. "The treants have come far, father, but many of them grow old and weary of the world. Perhaps if they had companions...we have tried to grow children for them, but to no avail. I fear many will fall into a state of great depression if they are without companions."

"Ah, a challenge! Allow me to think, coldfather. I'll be back in a matter of days."

And with that, he left in the form a glorious emerald heron, and Harlequin waved his arms wildly and motioned repeatedly towards his uselessly flapping gums.
    Last edited by Vadin; 2009-02-08 at 09:33 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Blood Scale, Skalnaya

In what seemed like no time at all, demons being demons, Blood Scale came upon a Glabrezu and a pair of Immoliths wreaking havoc on a small party of beings. Not really caring what kind, he swooped in and extinguished one of the fiery demons with his boiling blood, and he snatched up the other one and the Glabrezu in his huge fists. They struggled and smashed at him and grunted and hissed what might have been bestial curses if they'd bothered to voice them in language, if they had any.

Blood Scale took the two demons, struggling, to the Wyrmfather. "I believe these might be the monstrosities you mentioned?"

The Wyrmfather studied the bestial four armed creature and the flaming four armed monster and nodded slowly. Blood Scale noticed that he looked... different. His scales were black, but they were somehow of a deeper darkness than the Blacks, and he bled darkness, and his eyes burned like simmering coals, fiery in his skull, like the eyes of Shadow Dragons. "Yes these look like they fit the bill. Lets pay old uncle Impy a visit shall we son?" And with that he flashed to the Imp Kings court.
    ----

Wyrmfather, Imp King

The Wyrmfather appeared floating in his bone-throne, his elbows on the sides, hands held in front of himself with the tips touching their corresponding partners, Bitterness was propped up against the throne, resting at an angle though, like the throne, no ground supported it. Blood Scale was nearby, the two struggling demons clutched in his gigantic paws, ignoring their attempts to escape. "My son found these ugly creatures in the lands of Skalnaya. I've never seen their like, and they seem to fit the rumors, well as much as anything can fit formless rumors of ugly monsters. Have you seen their ilk before?"
    ---

Meanwhile...
    Dragon Vale

In the Dragon Vale, where 100 huge eggs, each containing a fully grown dragon unborn into the world, a number of shadowy eggs whispered into existence, there were as many eggs as there were for the other kinds of dragons, two missing of course. Now 117 eggs stood, in this vale. Waiting to hatch.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Barbarian in the Playground

History of Dopplegangers, Part 2

So it was that we of the human city wept to hear the strife our brothers and sisters went through, in the great battle across the seas; our Lady brought us the news, and brought us suggestions of how to spread Her worship amongst the uneducated. We were but children before the Lady brought to us her Asakku, to do with as we would, and would be but children still without Her blessings.

And so it was that a small temple to our Blind Mistress was built amongst the city of Tanadell, of gleaming wood and polished stone, decorated without using pieces of the shining crystal traded for with the carbuncles. Within was darkness; no proper supplicant would come and demand sight, when the Lady was without it.

And the ranks grew, slowly; some came because of nightmares that plagued them when they slept, and some came weeping and demanding their children back. For where was their god, to hear? No, for it was we and the asakku together who stole the babes, to replace them with our own children, and the Lady was ever-merciful to those supplicants with...proper hearts. For the Blind Mistress asks so little in return for her favor, and her protection: simply that you prove your devotion.

And if, if there were those who ended up dead in their cause for devotion, we were only to celebrate, for surely those who came to death in the service of the Lady were cradled to her.

And so we thrived, and so we grew, spreading cracks in the nigh-impenetrable faith of the other Gods, for only the Lady is appropriate to worship, and all should bow in service to Her.

~Set down by Yesuit, of the human-like

~Yay for the Netherworld~

She hadn't been to see her father in some time. Such an oversight must be remedied, and of course she must pay her respects to Elyna. As well, there had been a...disturbance, as of late, among some of the dopplegangers she'd put among the munoks, and she wished to know if her father knew what was happening.

Stepping out onto the balcony, she tilted her head; there was the faintest smell of--what was that, roses?--and she wrinkled her nose in disgust. Roses...that meant that foul "god of romance" or whatever he was calling himself these days had been here recently. As well, there was that faint, almost chemical scent, one that she associated with Jin; her lips curved down in the faintest of frowns before she dismissed it. She wasn't here for him...

Ah, and the Wyrmfather was here as well, with...things. Aarshiya very nearly recoiled from them, but kept her emotions down, only smiling faintly at the great dragon.

"Father...? Are you around? We need to have a chat..."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, yes...this will work. And another branch here...almost...yes! Perfect!"

Pohloh, the god with the great shifting mask and mystic staff, gave life to this new form. It was like a treant, but supple and lithe, graceful and quick. It was to be the companion that the treants so longed for, as it was truly made of the treants themselves. They were the dryads, and there would be one for each treant (though more might appear, Pohloh did give them the ability to reproduce-- that just wasn't his problem to worry about).

He appeared suddenly in the grand hall of the coldfather and saw Harlequin still flailing about like a madman. Of course! That's what he'd forgotten. With a wave of his staff, "OHTHANKYOUPOHLOH! That was simply unbearable, and--"

"Do you want it to happen again?"

"No sir!"

"Then I recommend you take care to be silent yourself so I needn't command it to be quiet myself."

Harlequin nodded.

"Coldfather, here they are! The dryads. These beauties will be sure to keep the treants both busy and entertained. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have research to do. If anyone comes looking for me, tell them to look...tell them to ask Jin to show them where the cave was where he fed that munok so long ago."

And before the coldfather could even say goodbye, Pohloh had bounded off as a great green deer, leaping through the trees, jumping from branch to branch as though he was as weightless as the lightest feather.

"Well, he was out rather--"

"Don't even start."

2 uses of Fey domain power to Create Treant Subtype: Dryads (the female version of treants)
    Last edited by Vadin; 2009-02-08 at 10:59 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

A foulspawn grue

There were trees in Terror island. twsited, gnarled things that seemed to be made of hairs and not of wood. And for some reason, maybe a stroke of genius, maybe sheer, aleatory stupidity, this single grue had decided to fell one near the beach and hop over it, jumping like a maniac.

... Or jumping like a foulspawn grue. Hard to tell the difference.

It was not long, before the... Boat, made it to the sea, stranding the clueless thing as it departed from the island, carried by the waves.

Many were the hardships this sole grue endured, mainly the fact that there was almost nothing to kill and maim, except fish, fish were tasty too. Sole reason the idiot didn't starve. Probably.

It would be many weeks before the grue, the first ever to leave Terror Island, reached the coast of Skaldnaya, giglging and setting off into the new, strange (normal) lands.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Battle of Gallan's Caer - A Sidhe Legend

And Gallan did pierce the Wild Hunter's heart, a feat far beyond the ken of any warrior on the field. Even the Lonely Prince could not deal the Wild Hunter a mortal wound, but it was enough to send the Wild Hunter a-fleeing. For as all know, he is at heart afraid of any prey that will hunt him.

And it was over. The Black Fang herded all survivors back to the ruins of Gallan's Caer, where they met to toast to victory, to life and to the dead. Those that were left were barely three score of Sidhe warriors, excepting the two score and five Black Fangs, and many Annwn had died five or six times over the course of battle and returned to find their pebble-bearers dead. Great were their howls and shrieks of sorrow to lose their true friends and masters. The Xian and the Alsidhe were toasted, as were the Adamant Dwarves who had come to turn the tide. They sang for Alesarian the Just, Alemar the Kind and Prince Mokaan!

And as night fell and the campfires burned and the dead were buried, miracles happened. The Knights of Mokaan walked through the battlefield, healing the injured and saving those who could be saved. Princess Shyla herself brought the dead themselves to life, with the power of dead Kar'Vode'An.

And much more happened that night, but most famed of all was the discovery of the young bard Arion...

Arion's Discovery

Arion sat, staring into the fire. He should feel sad for all those that had died, he knew. He had been sick during the battle, and had been through the worst time of his life.

...But, the music. The music kept running through his head, through his heart, through his soul. Nothing and no one could make music like Mokaan, and the song that he had used to create the land had been beautiful and complex, too great for mortal comprehension. Arion had caught on to a scrap of that music, and it wouldn't let go.

Riessa emerged from the dark night, a smile on her face. His old friend had been chosen to become one of the Black Fangs a mere season before the gnoll attack, and she had done well - or so he had heard from her Annwn, Kvestyll. Riessa had been working with the injured all night, but she had finally came to be with her friend.

"Hello, Arion!" Riessa sat down next to Arion, putting her arm over his shoulder. "Are you all right? Nothing broken?" Arion shook his head. "I was lucky - only had to fight a small pack of gnolls, and that was with help. Nothing broken, either. How are you? Anything broken?" Riessa scowled, pulling out her long scimitar - or rather, the shards of her scimitar. "Damn gnoll berserker smashed it up with its axe. It shattered, the brute hit it so hard. It took the masterworker Govannen three whole seasons to shape this scimitar with the herbs and oils, Arion - three whole seasons, and a damn gnoll breaks it. It was my father's, and he'll be furious. Mother will probably be aghast at how carelessly I treat the relics of the past - look at it, will you?" She handed Arion the shards, shaking her head. "Ruined. Completely ruined."

Arion frowned, running his fingers along the flat of the broken blade. He knew what he had to do, and it was on the tip of his tongue... literally...

Arion sang. There were words in the song, but they were otherworldly and impossible to distinguish from the wyrd tune. It just came out, twisting about the sword and changing reality with its mere presence. He knew what he wanted from the sword - he wanted it whole, wanted the shards to join together as if they had never been broken. He could hear Riessa speaking to him, but it was as if he was dreaming and half asleep...

And he was holding the sword, and it was whole. It was impossible to see where the shards had broken apart - it had melded back together perfectly. Riessa was staring at the remade sword in awe, staring at Arion in awe. "...Arion. Teach me how to do that."

Spoiler
    Show
    7 AP - 3 AP (Create Concept: Tree Singing) + 1 AP (Domain Power) = 5 AP.

Tree Singing: +2 Industry.

Ritual to be Homebrewed when I'm not exhausted.

Llyndis's Dilemma

Llyndis and the Black Fang celebrated that night, for a wild hunt and a new dusk and a fresh dawn in morning. The mistress of the Black Fang sat with Grimwyn, scratching the Annwn's ears and singing loudest of all.

Sarien came up to Llyndis from the night, tapping her on the shoulder. "Llyndis. Tathri and I checked, and the Netherworlders have disappeared. Well, except for one. The one that calls herself Lilith is still awaiting Gallan's pleasure in the gaol. She seems very... adamant that she be released, and when told that there had been Netherworlders here... it might be a good idea to have Gallan see her soon, before she rips down the gaol bareclawed." Llyndis tsked her tongue. "Oh dear. Gallan's sleeping deeper than death at the moment - you should have seen him, walking all the way back to his Caer before collapsing before Shyla and Mokaan. Prince knows when he'll wake up - even the Lonely Prince needs rest sometimes."

Mokaan

Mokaan, at the battle's end, had asked Skaldi and Alesarian to stay for a time in the Caer to celebrate the victory.

Now he walked among the Sidhe - healing wounds, mending hearts and blessing his people. They would recover from the battle, as they always recovered from darkness and sorrow. Magnificently.

But his heart was troubled. Apocos had created land to the south of the Isle... the Isle that had no name. It nagged at him even as much as Apocos's rage. He'd have to talk to Gallan, Shyla and Carabas in the morn about naming the Sidhe-land.

But there would have to be defenses against Apocos's isle, and any plans he may have against the Sidhe. As Mokaan looked up upon the silver First Moon, he began to conceive of a plan. Alaraxar's lycanthropes were cruel and misguided, but their basic idea was truly beautiful - a mortal who shared the qualities of a beast...
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2009-02-13 at 07:00 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

*Imp King's Balcony*

He rounds the last few steps of the narrow rail less staircase leading around the tower to his balcony, Wyrmfather on hover-thrown in tow.

He calls, "Yes, Pumpkin, I'm coming..."

Then, quickly and softly back to the Wyrmfather, only age and wisdom kept him from unleashing a torrent of green flames and reducing the demons he carried to ash on the spot. His disgust was barely contained even though the only hint of expression was, of course, in his one eye. For a brief instant, a sound not unlike an wrathful but mournful cry seemed to emit from his blade...

"These are they. I can...divine such from their erm...aura. They are not of this world, nor are they meant for it. They are an infestation, an insidious cancer and they and all like them must perish before Aeon comes to disaster. I entreat you...stamp...them...out."

On the last step he pauses, turns back and warns with a gently raised hand. "...but do not alert the others to their presence. They are prone to panic and panicked creatures are stupid ones."

Striding across the balcony, he sweeps up his little girl and embraces her. "I am blessed to have so many visitors, and above all, my Aarshiya. Please, speak. If your words are fit for the ears of our guests, speak."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Beliski, On the side of Mt. Da Big Tall Place.

The Beliski were beginning a travel that would define them. They had chosen a single leader, the most beautiful of them all would be their leader. His name would go down in history, a name that every Beliski after them would know. His name was Zachariah Beliski jr. and he would lead his people to greatness.

“Hear me now! We will be leaving this place, to grant others the love of our lord. We will teach them how to love and be loved! Allow me to show you the truth behind what I speak.”

With that Zachariah waved his arm, a single rose manifested in his hand.

“Behold! This is the power of Somi Warok himself!” said with a wave of the power of the flower.

Where did he get that flower? Who decided he could wield the power of a God? Who is this guy anyway? All questions, but who really cares? He’s just a stupid mortal with a flower claiming to wield the power of a God who is currently completely out of action. Really, what was the point of you looking in on this event?
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2009-02-08 at 11:29 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Alesariain: After the battle

After Alesarian agreed to stay in Caer to enjoy the festivities he walked with Mokaan. He made small talk with Mokaan and the people when he could, but most of his time he spent healing the wounded and lending his magic to repair damages. Which made for a strange sight, a large undead gnoll giant healing the creatures the gnolls once fought. Alesarian thought that the sight of it would anger Alaraxar greatly. This made him smile a little, smiles were hard to find among such death. After a while he spoke in a soft tone to Mokaan, the second voice was noticably weakened, has if it was slowly dieing.

"After the festivities, I wish for you to make me a new body. The first one did not last long and I fear this one will not last more then a few days... I will speak to you when the time comes to make it about how it should be made."
    "After... night, Master... a new body. ...we... will not last more then a few days... gasp..."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Captain Grue, Seafarer Extraordinarily lousy.

We shall call him Cpt. Grue now.

Cpt. Grue sprinted about the woods of Skaldnaya, killing and eating anything smaller than itself, sometimes just poking the creatures insessantly or worming it's incoherent thoughts into the minds of helpless beings.

Generally random really.

It was not long before Grue found the first interesting place of this land, interesting as in, it wasn't just another patch of brown and green. It was odd, it was a city.

It was the city of the Mountain Keeper Dwarves!

And Draken forgot the name of the place. Sue me.

Cpt. Grue walked crouching towards the city, eyes wide and teeth bared in a stupid grin.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

*Echoes of the Past*

The ghosts of words spoken in another age still carry in the Astral Sea.

These were frantic, desperate and bitter...

"I have served! With all my being, I have served you and loved you! If you truly love me in return, release me from this prison you've fashioned! Have I not earned my respite? None have given more than I have! I bear the mark of my trials. My eye! They plucked out my eye! You cannot give that back, so at least let me have my freedom."

"You know not what you ask..."

"Know? Know! I know better than any! This place...this world..."

"Silence!"

"Release me!"

"You know I cannot..."

"You will not!"

"Because I love you I..."
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2009-02-08 at 11:39 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather, Imp King

The Wyrmfather arched his brow, he hated to intrude on such a touching family moment, but he felt that this was important. "You know Uncle, you really are a terrible liar. You know these creatures, the vehemence in your voice says so if nothing else. You know them from before. Before me, before the Titans or Primordials and even the other gods walked this place known as Aeon. Perhaps longer than Aeon itself..." the Wyrmfather shakes his head. "I will not tell the others, but something tells me there's more to this than you let on. I can smell it on the creatures. There's just something... WRONG about them. I am an unkind creature in many ways and I have forged creatures of insidious purpose and mind, yet they lack something these monsters have."
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2009-02-08 at 11:51 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234

Aarshiya laughs as she's swept up in the Imp King's sudden embrace, the carefree, unreserved laugh reserved for her father alone, and returns the hug. She's careful, not wishing to accidentally claw him, and steps back after a moment, her head twisting first in the Wyrmfather's direction and then in the direction of the silent Jin.

"That was...enthusiastic. I know it's been a while, Father...I've been...busy. But! I don't come to talk about work...well, not what I've been doing. I've come to ask a favor of you...and a question. Firstly..."

She holds up her hands, showing her claws. "I would like these made into an artifact. Something that I can use to...discourage people from...well. I would like to be able to stop problems before they start, yes?"

Her head tilts towards the Wyrmfather again, and that hint of disgust crosses her face. "And I'd come to ask you about rumors I'd heard from some of my dopplegangers...but it appears the Wyrmfather has confirmed the rumors. What are those things?"

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

biggrin Re: LoC: Chains of Aeon - IC 2

*Presume Aarshiya spoke first...being hugged and all*

"Of course, Pumpkin, you know I'm a fan of the 'Don't piss off the guy with the Big Stick' adage! Isn't that what the mortals used to say?"

He summons a pair of Azrilim and hands Aarshiya's metal claws off to them.

"Begin the preparations...I will join you shortly to finish the enchantment. For this...I think the..." he trailed off into a bit of arcano-babble which was more or less nonsensical. Harvesting the memories of departed souls wasn't an exact science and neither was infusing an item with that energy. After all, the Imp King had invented the process, and even he could only describe things in an abstract way that made little, if any, sense to anyone besides himself. Though, he did so with such an air of authority people simply presumed he did know what he was talking about. Alas, you can't question results.

The brightly colored frog devils vanish into the tower to begin their work and the Imp King turns to address the Wyrmfather and Shiya both. And Jin...the cat was out of the bag anyway, the only thing left was to...

"Oh yes, you've found me out! So clever this one. Can't put anything past him. A lot of things are older than Aeon. But, don't feel bad about squishing antiques."

He walks back to the still struggling demons and leans down to their level.

"They don't feel pain. They don't feel fear. They don't have minds. They don't have souls. There's nothing but hatred to them."

A moment passes...then the squirming demon finally meets the Imp King's green eye...and begins screaming bloody murder.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

The Wyrmfather

Nodding slowly he snaps his fingers and the Glabrezu (who Impy isn't staring at) appears before him, the demon roars and attempts to attack the Wyrmfather which has no real affect as Bitterness snarls and it's runes glow green and hot. The Glabrezu tries to leave to kill something else, only to find itself trapped. "Pray tell, where does all this boundless hate and rage COME from, it seems peculiar that any force would bring such creatures of utter madness and destruction into the world. Even Apocos is too sensible to create such creatures, though he is a being of destruction he is only so in the hopes that life might bloom in destruction's wake, or so I have gathered."

27. - Top - End - #237

Aarshiya claps her hands over her ears at the loud screaming coming from the creature the Wyrmfather was holding, wincing away from it and from the furious roars of the...other...that Zanathul had summoned.

"Make it stop! Why is it screaming...? Make it stop!"

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Alemar, Tress

"If they fall." Tresnaya smiles at Alemar, but her smile all of a sudden turns to dust. Her eyes grow wide, and stare out at a point behind Alemar's head. Her body shakes. "How did-" Her breathing speeds up. "But we had-"
    Alemar quickly glances behind himself. Seeing nothing, he looks at Tres in concern. "Tres? What is it? There's nothing there. What's wrong? Here."

Another time...

Alemar joins Mokaan and Alesarian in attempting to heal the damages left by the Gnoll-Sidhe war. He makes a special point of attempting to heal the land and the animals hurt or destroyed during the way. Birds quickly return to the area, along with the creatures of the earth.

Once that was finished, Alemar flew back to his own people. They were progressing well. The Ruzorians had made an important discovery though. They had learned to make bows with a much further reach than any that had come before. Now the bow was used as much as the spear, especially in the military.

Pleased by his people, Alemar decided to gift them with beasts they could use. Most of the other races had beasts of burden to help carry and transport goods. But they were all land-based, not exactly ideal for a flying people. And so Alemar took some of the eagles that lived amongst the mountains to the south of Ruzor. Using his divine power, he caused them to grow, until they were capable of carrying up to 3 Ruzorians (or other medium-sized creature) on their backs. He also granted them a modicum of intelligence, to make them even more useful to his people.

Taking these, Alemar granted them to his people, who quickly learned to care for and raise the giant eagles. In time the giant eagles would learn to love and trust the Ruzorians as much as the Ruzorians loved and trusted them.

0 AP = 7 AP - 1 AP (Grant Tress) - 3 (Create Concept: Longbow) - 3 (Create Monster: Giant Eagle)
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2009-02-09 at 04:34 PM.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

*Balcony*

The Imp King silences the offending demon by making a clenching motion with his fist and crushing the monster to nothing but a glistening red sphere of blood...which is promptly disposed of; incinerated with green fire. He goes to comfort his daughter a rests his hands on her shoulders.

"They are from without, where properly cannot be said because it is not a where. They have always been. We did battle with them once, my siblings and I, and we banished their masters to the core of the Sun because we had not the power to eliminate them."

He moves away from Aarshiya and towards the Wyrmfather, sternly wagging his finger.

"Do not keep them. Do not study them. Do not try to harness their power for your own. There is naught to them but loathing for all that is. Their masters are clever and infinitely patient; do not treat with them, do not accept their gifts. Put down these abominations, and I shall consider your favor repaid."

He gestures to the axe the fashioned for the Wyrmfather not long ago. Then quickly rounds on Jin's projection like a bat wheeling in midair.

"And you...breathe a word of this conversation to any other being living or dead and you will meet the same fate as that fruity fool I just dispatched!"

He begins to turn, but immediately performs an about face and jabs a finger in Jin's direction again.

"And the bit about studying them or extracting their power? That goes double for you! I will personally devise new methods of torture if you experiment on these monsters. I will find out."

POINT! He turns again and paces away...

"Or perhaps I'll just have a little experiment of my own...and find out what happens when you toss a god into the Cauldron..."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather, Imp King

Tilting his head to the side, and then back, the Wyrmfather reached down and clasped the handle of Bitterness in his hand. He brought it up to his chest and felt the side of the blade with his hand as the Glabrezu charged him in another futile attack. He swept the axe up high and then thundered it downard, cleaving the demon down the middle. As it crumpled to the floor he placed the head of Bitteness in the pooling remains of the demon. The axe growled in savage pleasure, it's green runes growing hot, it sucked up the demons remains and the bone of the blade turned crimson, the runes glowing black. It turned once more to it's previous form. The blade howled it's joy before the Wyrmfather silenced it, mindful of Aarshiya, soothing Bitterness like a faithful hound.

The Wyrmfather once more turned his attention to the Imp King. "I thank you for the offer, I will be sure to take you up on that, don't doubt. However, I feel for all your sage advice I should attempt to repay you in kind with a piece of my own." He raises his hand, showing one finger "The first, is that I will not reveal this knowledge to others, but my advice is the reasoning behind this. You see, Knowledge is, in of itself a source of power. There is far more power in the keeping of this knowledge than the sharing of it would bring, I will not lie if someone were to offer me something lucrative enough I would tell them. However, this is far and off the least likely of the events to take place, none of the other gods know I have such knowledge, and even if they knew enough to ask they would not grasp the gravity of the situation in the fullness required to bring me a suitable offering, but if by some luck a deity knew enough to ask the right questions and to propose the proficient incentive to divulge this knowledge, they would have to be powerful, and loyal enough that I would trust their backing me in these matters against you. In such a case, I believe the knowledge would be in safe hands, though rest assured the likelihood of these happenings is unlikely in the extreme, and the price of this knowledge is high enough that I doubt any deity would go to the effort of bribing me to give it up. But now by this same measure, that I do this all in the name of power. There is power in unthinking rage and hate, and though I am surely opposed to beings of pure destructive rage, for my ambitions do not include ruling an empty void with no life to be seen, or for that matter being in the position where I would have to survive merely to do so."

The Wyrmfather nodded congenially to the divine present, ending his advice. "Now, with this business satisfyingly concluded, I have a war to oversee. Until we meet again Uncle, it was a pleasure to see you once more Aarshiya. I do hope we meet favorably some time in the future Jin."And with the Wyrmfather faded from Netheril, holding Bitterness in one hand as the Throne of Bone faded from view, taking Blood Scale with it.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2009-02-09 at 04:53 PM.