New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Jinenji and the Sword that Cuts Sky!

Tomoko (20/20) (8)

Tomoko looks surprised, and a little stricken.

I only stay around him because of this gift... because my bloodline has interacted with the demons and made us powerful. Just to protect him?

She closes her eyes, shaking a little.

All I have been taught is that what my family has done - is evil... wrong... but it makes me powerful. If I am powerful I can protect Jinenji...

She opens her eyes and looks at Inazuma, seeing him in a way she's never seen him before.

I don't care about any gravitation... I've known Jinenji all my life, and I l..., I love him! I will be powerful to protect him, even if I must be evil to do it!
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-02-25 at 12:23 AM.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kaede

"So that's why I've been having dreams about Jinenji without his shirt on," Kaede mumbles, enlightened. "Magic alien mind control."

She coughs, not really intending to say that part out loud. Moving on, "So, about that thing Katarina was saying earlier, about them being able to blow up the earth? True?"
    Last edited by dyslexicfaser; 2009-02-25 at 02:55 AM.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hagi Katsumei

Very soon after entering the house, Katsumei had already removed the hat and the gloves, her skin standing out white, and her eyes shining a vibrant purple.

"Gravitation" she thought to herself, before looking at those around her, saying: "We all have our reasons for being here. Distress signal or no" pausing slightly "we should also, at all times, be honest with ourselves as to our motivations. Inazuma-dono graciously agreed to hiring me and brought me here, for which I am grateful" she bowed her head, noticably, in the direction of the old man "However, I will not make promises now. I hope that, nevertheless, we will be able to work together." she said, smiling, as she helped herself to a small portion of the food, eating slowly and graciously.
    The little tidbits she had already heard about the others made her a bit wary. She smiled as she took in her surroundings and observed the other girls.
    Last edited by Kioran; 2009-02-25 at 07:00 AM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Yue Ayase

Yue didn't look surprised or stricken, but inside her thoughts closely mirrored Tomoko's.

It wasn't science or the power or love... just Jinenji's gravitation.

To hell with that! I love Jinenji and I would protect him from anything, with or without this gravitation!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Tomoko (20/20) (8)

Tomoko bows to Inazuma, "You have failed, Inazuma-sama... failed by not assessing or teaching your apprentice correctly. However, we cannot dwell on that... you must not fail again. You must teach us what we must do to work together and protect Jinenji, and restore him to his throne. Only by doing so will he ever be safe. We need Inzazuma the Lightening to train us, the king's new troops."

There is a hardness to the shy girl's tone that is uncharacteristic... she is clearly going through some inner turmoil over what has been revealed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am burning 1 affection, dropping the score to 3 to garner 30 favor - and I am spending it on another point of cunning (to raise that score to 3) for no net change in favor - with the GM's permission.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-02-25 at 12:51 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yoshiko Watanabe

So some odd force is what's brought me here, she sighed with relief. Not revenge, not l-love.

But Gravitation or not, Chiyo is what's going to keep me around, I'm sure of that...

Yoshi looked around at the other girls, her eyes stopping on Chiyo. She looked away again and watched Jinenji. She did feel bad for him, not knowing his parents' fate all these years and his beloved grandfather turning out to be an impostor. But nonetheless, she'd protect him as well.

Yoshi sat up and flexed her one wing, glancing at everyone nervously.

"So what now?"
    Games:
    He Is My Master - Sakura Urameshi.
    Jinenji and the Sword that Cuts Sky! - Yoshiko Watanabe.
    I'm on a Boat! - Youko Tskuki.
    Ride that Pony.
    This Old Malibu Dream House - Harmony Bear.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Yue Sasaki

It is probably unnecessary to mention the state of Yue's facial expression right now as she looked at Tomoko.

"While I agree that Jinenji must be protected, I do not believe it is up to us to decide if Jinenji will pursue the throne. If Jinenji desires it, I will devote my lif... un-life to securing it for him. But we should ask Jinenji want he wants."

"How aobut it, Jinenji? Fancy being king?"
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2009-02-25 at 01:48 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Tomoko (16/20) (10)

Tomoko glances at Yue, "Do you think I like the idea of him being put into a position where he probably won't be able to chose someone he loves to be his queen? The fact is we are going to be attacked by an interstellar empire that could burn our planet to cinders, if Katarina is correct. They will continue coming at us with the whole of their resources eventually, because the usurper knows his throne will always be unsteady while Jinenji is alive. There is no choice to guarantee his ultimate survival except that he takes the throne, and his survival is paramount in my concern over anything... even my dislike for you, Yue-san, which is why we must work together on this."

She looks at Jinenji for a moment, like she is studying every line in his face... as if memorizing this moment forever.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Passionate gaze: take 4 stress, earn 2 favor.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-02-25 at 02:13 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

9. - Top - End - #249
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hagi Katsumei

It was only barely perceptible, but Katsumei blanched even a bit further at all the seriousness and gung-ho talk around her. True, these Minervans were not playing pattycake, but she sure wasn't ready to contemplate going to war, for a nearly total stranger to boot.
    "Or am I?" She softly asked herself. Still, she put the chopsticks down and let her eyes roam over the others. She dabbed her mouth a bit with a napkin, then spoke up:

"I don't know about you...but I didn't come here for a galactic war of succession." she said, somewhat timidly. Somehow, she doubted the problem would evaporate, but going to war? With these people she hardly knew?

"What have I gotten myself into?"
    Last edited by Kioran; 2009-02-25 at 03:03 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250

"What's that Jinenji?" Inazuma asked, casting an eye over at him as Chiyo spoke to him.

"Er, nothing, Grandfather... thanks Chiyo-chan." Jinenji whispered, taking the item and pocketing it, hoping Inazuma didn't notice. Then Jinenji stares over at Kaede with a blush, before doing the same to nearly every girl.

"They couldn't destroy the planet in an instant- I'm certain of that. They could bombard the planet and make it completely unlivable. And if we don't do something, I know Haka would do exactly that to ensure Jinenji's death."

Jinenji went pale again.

"You've grown, Tomoko." Inazuma calmly stated, smiling like the proud Grandfather she had always known. "But for now, we rest. I'll make sure those bodies are properly disposed of. Any of you who don't want to be involved in this are, of course, free to decide. Those of you who do- we'll meet tomorrow morning. Eight. Sharp." He barked, more like a drill instructor then the older man he was. "That includes you, Jinenji."

"Me?"

"I've been showing you how to fight a little your whole life... but I've been easy on you." Inazuma said, a gleam in his eye.

"Hey, I don't even know about being king... or what... I don't even know if I believe any of this!"
    Jinenji shouted.

"Yue, Jinenji's life may be placed in danger again tonight. I think you should stay with him in his room tonight, for protection's sake. None of the rest of you had better interrupt, or they'll have to face the wraith of The Lightning." He calmly spoke, hiding a wry grin, and took another sip of his coffee before standing to leave.

"Wha..?" Jinenji was dumbfounded, but ended up staring back at Tomoko.

Spoiler
    Show
    Chiyo gains 2 Favor for the artifact.
    Tomoko gains 2 Favor for the Stare.
    Yue gains 1 Favor.
    Tomoko gains 1 Favor.
    Inazuma has given Yue the power of Bridal Night Rights, no one is allowed to interfere with her night with Jinenji.
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2009-02-25 at 03:41 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Yue Sasaki

Yue nodded. "That's wise. In my current state, I need no rest, no food, no water... I'm the perfect sentry."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Tomoko (14/20) (11)

Tomoko looks into Jinenji's eyes then steps forward and raises her lips to his ear and whispers to him.

OOC: For those nosy enough to try to listen in... I'll leave it to Big T if he will require some kind of roll to have heard and apply this knowledge in character.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Jinenji, as of this morning... everything has changed. I want you to know before things change even more, that I love you... I always have... and I always will. I want you to live... and after that, be as happy as you can be, and I will do everything in my power to see that is what comes to be. Do not feel guilty about some strange gravitation you might possess... I've loved you since I was six years old - long before you activated any beacon. There is nothing you can do that will ever hurt me as long as it leaves you alive and happy, no matter who you are with and what you do with them. I have to go do something now... something that was necessary for saving your life today. I don't know how things will be afterward, but I will always love you... Jini-chan. Do as Inazuma says. I know Yue has great power - greater perhaps than even she realizes - and she can keep you safe from harm."

Tomoko then steps back from Jinenji and turns and runs upstairs. She drags her trunk along the hall and opens the shoji to her room, goes in, and slides it shut, hooking it in place to maintain her privacy. She shoves the trunk back to its usual place and turns to face the room's other occupant. "All right... let's talk."
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-02-25 at 04:18 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

13. - Top - End - #253

Kaede

Kaede dipped her head in a silent bow to both Inazuma and Jinenji, and left herself, vanishing behind her own door.

She sat on the corner of her bed with a sigh, and began removing clothing. Under the maid clothing was a ninja outfit in a rather eye-catching dark green, the same as her maid uniform. She slipped out of that, too. When she was down to only chest bindings and underwear, she poked at her middle with a hiss. Sure enough, the damnable wound had opened again, and bled through the bandages. Hopefully it hadn't popped the stitches, she hadn't been that active. It would need to be re-wrapped.

But first...

Her left hand gripped her right arm firmly at the bicep and yanked, turning it 90 degrees with a click and a hiss. A few movements had unscrewed her whole seemingly-normal arm, leaving only a socket joint in her shoulder.

Jinenji and Inazuma were kind and generous, and even squabbling with the other girls was fun. This was a place that could, in time, become her home, she thought. It had been quite some time since she had been welcomed anywhere. So, if it turned out Jinenji and his grandfather were aliens on the run from some evil empire, well... it was still a step-up from where she had been before they called her.

She dug through the small chest that contained her clothes and a few other knickknacks until she found what she was looking for. She pulled out a vaguely arm-shaped bundle swathed in bandages and locked it into place where her old arm had been. She flexed it and found the fingers moved, if stiffly and clunkily, the way she wanted them to. It was a small price to pay.

Around here, you never knew when you might need enough power to carve your name in the moon.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254

Inazuma seemed to be outside, gathering up the bodies of the fallen for unknown uses. Presumably so the others didn't have to.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Jinenji didn't know what to say.

"I.. l-..." He sputtered to Tomoko's retreating form. "Oh man..." The young King put his hand to his head and let himself collapse on the cushions. "I'm only 16..." He said, breaking under the weight of all the information that had just been crammed into his skull. His parents were murdered, Inazuma wasn't really his Grandfather, he was meant to be King, someone was trying to kill him, and to top it all off, his best friend was in love with him? "Oh man..."
    __________________________________________________ ______

The Demon awaited Tomoko back in her room. He was red skinned and fair, with a nice face, dressed in dark clothes. Six foot tall but human enough, except for his red skin and wings, he monitored the conversation down below. His superiors knew this was an important place he had been summoned. He had the power to make contracts. The power to change lives. And he knew what a few of them wanted...

"Hello, Tomoko-dono. To make this easier, you can call me Iblis." He said, when she entered. He was making himself comfortable, having sat on her bed. "You desire the power to help Jinenji, do you not?" He smirked to himself. He knew she did. "I've... been looking at some of your books." He continued, his hand resting on one in particular. "And I suppose you know how to gain power- quickly." He added, setting the book down beside him.

"We'll discuss my payment in a moment."
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2009-02-25 at 06:40 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Chiyo-chan

Chiyo walks over and hugs Yoshiko then teleports them both to her room.

"I think we both need to talk some. Things are getting more confusing all the time. We need to work everything out before we get in any deeper. We really need to talk about your arm."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Tomoko (14/20) (11)

Tomoko raised a brow, "If you mean, am I aware of the effect of demon essence upon women who's bloodline is closely tied with demons, like my own family, yes I'm quite aware... but there is another matter to speak of first. Your failure! Tell me why I shouldn't dismiss you without payment considering you failed one of my direct commands?" The shy girl who stammered out formulaic bindings and orders for the demon seems to be gone (at least for the moment).
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

17. - Top - End - #257

Iblis glared at her hard.

"My FAILURE? Young lady, I killed my fair share of Troops here to skin your fair Jinenji alive. If not for that angel I would have killed more. Perhaps your anger should be directed at her?" The demon said, standing. "I don't care if you have seen fit to grow a backbone, I will be paid. You know the penalties for breaking Demonic Contracts." He grinned wickedly.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Tomoko (14/20) (11)

Tomoko chuckles, "You think I'm not aware of such penalties... all right, show me you haven't failed my order. Hand me the jewel you were supposed to secure that the thief Makota stole, so that I could return it to my master...NOW!" She puts out her hand expectantly.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-02-25 at 09:27 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

19. - Top - End - #259

The demon hesitates.

"I... did not retrieve the jewel. The angel attacked me and by the time I arrived at the scene, the robot had recovered it already. I can force her to relinquish it to me." Iblis says, pleadingly. "I can do other things for you, Mistress Tomoko-dono. Please?" He said, taking a knee.
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2009-02-26 at 12:20 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Tomoko

Tomoko shakes her head, "Your failure... especially in a temptation no doubt so important to your superiors is going to earn you a very sorry reception should I send you back now with nothing to show for it. Also, since I'm fairly certain you were witnessing what passed below you are well aware that the robot has already returned the jewel, gaining Jinenji's favor thereby... you've utterly lost me the opportunity to gain any favor for returning the jewel." She narrows her eyes, "So, tell me what payment you planned to ask me for your paltry flames that failed to kill the thief entirely and incinerated a dozen or so troops which I could have done with my eyes closed... the point, all these books of mine tell me, of summoning a demon is to get something that I can't do for myself!"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Yue Sasaki

Silently, and with the stealth only a person who had no footsteps and could hide in solid object could achieve, Yue followed Inazuma, observing him.

22. - Top - End - #262

The demon stumble back from his knee rest.

"I... I can increase your natural powers, please." The demon was practically begging. "I will be your willing servant."
    __________________________________________________ __

Inazuma the Lightning didn't notice you at all as he loaded up body after body and took them to the basement- leaving the door open.
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2009-02-26 at 12:20 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Yue Sasaki

Yue attempted to enter the basement, confident that her stealth abilities would allow her to explore it undetected.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yoshiko Watanabe

Yoshi looked nervous at Chiyo's words, obviously uncomfortable with Chiyo seeing her cuts. She sighed and sat on the bed, fumbling with her fingers.

"It's n-nothing. Just a bad habit." She didn't look at Chiyo as she spoke.
    Games:
    He Is My Master - Sakura Urameshi.
    Jinenji and the Sword that Cuts Sky! - Yoshiko Watanabe.
    I'm on a Boat! - Youko Tskuki.
    Ride that Pony.
    This Old Malibu Dream House - Harmony Bear.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Chiyo-chan

Chiyo sees Yoshiko fiddling around. She wraps her arms around Yoshiko.

"I just want you to be happy. I am sorry, I was too harsh. What can I do to help you?"

Chiyo kisses the back of Yoshiko's neck.

"I would do anything for you. You know that right?"

26. - Top - End - #266
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Katarina

Katarina returns to her room to brood over a oddly-styled box.

"The day I accidentally 'ported here from the Planet of Catgirls I was on my way to make a delivery,"
    she narrates to no one in particular, "I have protected the package this long with the hope that I might eventually deliver it... but shortly this planet will be at war with the Minervans, and we will be at its forefront. I know not what was being delivered that fateful day, but whatever it is, it is a piece of advanced Catgirl technology... and it could even be a weapon. I am sorry, recipient number three-thousand four-hundred seventy-six, you will never receive your package. The people of Earth's lives may depend on me opening this box. I hope that you will come to understand in time the necessity of my current actions."

Katarina's hand hovers dramatically over the release button which will reveal the contents of the box.

"LET YOUR CONTENTS BE REVEALED!"

((Spending four favor for an item!))
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Tomoko

Tomoko raises her brow again. "You are offering to serve me of your own free will with no price for your service? I warn you... just because I am mortal does not mean your service with me will be pleasant! Furthermore, while you remain in the mortal realm you are required to obey my every command and to protect Jinenji with all your power."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

28. - Top - End - #268

"Rather then face my superiors as a failure? ...I agree... however..." Iblis said, taking a knee once more. "I can only gain access to my higher level abilities through contracts.... Don't worry, my payments will all go towards helping Jinenji in some way." He said shakily. "And I humbly request the right to Contract... with the other maids. At the best they will be more able to defend Jinenji and at the worst.... welll, you want him to yourself, don't you?" The demon said slyly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cunning Roll to convince Tomoko!
    (1d6)[6]x3

__________________________________________________ _________

Down here in the basement, the large ship rests in a stored state at one corner of it. Inazuma takes them into the ship itself, seemingly impossible given the ships current two-dimensional state.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Tomoko (14/20) (11)

Tomoko looks forlorn, "I want Jinenji... though I doubt I deserve him any more. Perhaps I will grow hard-hearted enough that want will be all I feel. For now, I love him more than I want him. Very well... If you obey my commands and protect Jinenji, you are free to try to tempt the other maids, but of course, since I am your superior you will have to give me a cut... the maid must do something for me as well, you can go ahead and try with Yue tonight. I suggest you offer her the power to become tangible at will... she will find that very tempting, especially for tonight. My cut is she must use her science to make a mechanical replacement wing for the angel so that she can fly again. After you are done though, I will need you back here."

Cunning (1d6x3)[15]
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-02-26 at 01:54 AM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

30. - Top - End - #270
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Katarina (19/40)

Katarina watches in amazement as the dust from the box transmutes her body into a more muscular form.

"Even I was not aware our people possessed such technology!"
    she marvels, "This must be another boon Fate has granted me... a way to keep my beloved safe... a path toward winning his love."

But doubt crosses her mind.

"Wait, what if this is only a temporary effect? Or an illusion?"

She flexes her arm, watching the muscles ripple under her skin.

"It certainly seems real. But the matter demands a closer inspection."

Katarina decides to combine the practical need for an inspection of her newly enhanced body with a selfish desire for relaxation. She heads upstairs, making a beeline for the bath.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]