New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Loudness Between Shadow & Light

Cassandra nods "Indeed"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Deja

As the man dies the undead nobleman draws him nearer and whispers in his ear."Quite right, I am an abomination, and you will soon join us." as he sinks his fangs into the man, the bloodlust was something he had never been fully in controll of. The two stood there for a moment, still surrounded by the life-draining whirling shadows, as the vampire drained the life out of the poor soul. Recollecting himself the baron released the man to the floor.

"Thank you for the refreshments, though there is no need to have them carry a roasted ham first." As he spoke a silvery knife cut into his palm and drops of blood strickled into the mouth of the unconcious, dying man. Soon Vochia would have another servant...
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2009-03-02 at 06:33 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

The Servant

As the Blood touched the wretches lips his eyes flew open and a blue light exuded from every pore. He began to crumble away to ash and dust.

Cassandra took a step back covering her senstive eyes from the glow. The High King was momentarily silent in his accusations.

"What new devilry is this?" whispered the Grand Marshall.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Rushing over to the collapsing ash he quickly begins gathering it into a vile he produced form his robe. Well, it appears that the madman who dedicated his life to destroying you happened to have prepared for the event of his failure. Why exactly didn't you just read his memories or summon his ghost or something less stereotypical?
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

5. - Top - End - #65

Planetar

The Holy Empire of the Moon and Stars

A few of Risulf's knights shove the guards holding their commander out of the way, but soon find themselves restraining their commander from attacking those nearby. He howls savagely

One of the Imperial officers approaches the High King and salutes.

"I assure you, Your Highness, that the Empire had nothing to do with this. The Emperor had told us explicitly he wanted peace!"

Inquisitor Fastalf, having collected himself, approaches the High King. He had damage control to do.

"My most sincere apologies for this outrageous incident, Your Highness. I assure you that the Empire had no part in it, that the Emperor will be notified immediately, and we will conduct a full investigation into this incident.

Fastalf turns to Johnathan.

"And yes, yes the Light does have lycanthropes on its side. Lycanthropy is the most important tenet of our faith, and the foundation the Empire was built on. Almost everyone learns to control their shape from an early age..." he raises his hand, which suddenly grows fur and claws, and then instantly turns human again,
    "but we sometimes can....lose control...out of extreme emotion."

Fastalf turns to Fircas, who had come up behind him.

"Contact His Imperial Highness. He must know what has transpired. Now."

Fastalf approaches Baron Vochia next.

"Erm...good Baron Vochia, I assure you as I have the High King that the Empire had no part in this attempt on your...uh...life. I can only pray that this will not mar the new alliance between the Emperor and the Dejan lords. It seems clear someone does not want our two nations at peace."
    Last edited by Falconer; 2009-03-02 at 08:33 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gunter von Bielefeld

"I had hoped so." Gunter replied to Cassandra, before collapsing back into his chair. "...That's an interesting tactic to gaining peace, Necromancer." He spoke, sighing heavily. His bodyguard dropped the shield spell that had surrounded Gunter the instant an attack was imminent.

Mageocracy of Theril.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The machinary of the Republic of Nottingrahm would certainly be of use to you in that regard. However, I request that you use some of those rituals for the benefit of Nottingrahm in return, or teach my people. Fair trade.
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2009-03-02 at 08:51 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunter von Bielefeld
    Spoiler
    Show
    The rituals are mainly for summoning. We would b happy to provide some free guardians or labor if you wish.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

8. - Top - End - #68

Mageocracy of Theril.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My apologizes, most of my peoples knowledge of magic is gone and we have only the Magi-Tech. We would love you to provide us with guards. Perhaps we can find ourselves a more permanent sort of alliance?

We are two of smallest nations present. Strength in numbers, after all.

Gunter Von Bielefeld

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

The High King bent low so he could look the man right in the eye "Restrain the commander and remove him until he is safe." his eyes glinted "And when you report to the Emperor tell him that the Guardians will be aiding in the investigation"

Spoiler
    Show
    The Guardians are the Spanish Inquisition, well more similar to the KGB to be honest, though less mindlessly crazy and more utterly loyal to the High King

Cassandra turned and with three steps and a swift jump had landed back on the High Dais. She looked down as the Captain was taken care off and the remains were dealt with.

"It is abundantly clear to me"
    she began "That there is some residual tension. So here it is. Each of you name your grievances to be dealt with in any pact. We will have to take them into consideration"

- SurlySeraph

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, who will govern the neutral territories?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

11. - Top - End - #71

Deyja

For the first time since the conference the attendees saw a genuine emotion coming from the Baron. An expression of pure terror came over his face as the blue flames consumed the assasins body. The why became evident only a moment later as the vampire suddenly looked more alive then he had ever before. The inner radiance that was brightening his flesh had started to flush outwards...and he was clinging on to his unlife.

The young woman rushed forward, ignoring the shadows that still prevented anyone from aproaching either him or the assasins remains. Quickly taking out a potion that seemed like liquified darkness she poured the substance into the vampire's mouth, instantly causing Vochia to collapse in her arms....the light flushed from his skin.

Dismissing the shadows and retrieving some of the powdered remains of the zealot she spoke humbly to the council, like a kind healer attending a patient or a loving mother of her sick child. "Please forgive my master, he needs to rest and I need to take care of him." Summoning a pair of guards to help carry the corporeal form of the vampire she swiftly left the conference room and into the Deyjan tents to analyse the magic that had caused this. The vampire residing in his coffin in the state of suspended animation she had placed him in.

@greystone
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the baron had allready made their desires for a deyjan stewardship of the Stardas ruins clear I take it a Deyjan representative won't be needed quite as badly anymore. Otherwise a lieutenant can be summoned by the Marshall.

@Empire of the Moon and Stars
    Spoiler
    Show
    A brief, hastely scribbled note comes to the imperials

"I know you had nothing to do with the assasasination, still I hope you might help examine the causes. My knowledge of magic is limited and Vochia is in dire need of aid. Please help me...

A faithfull servant."

It seemed the ink is blotched in places as if drops of water had fallen upon it, though the lycantropes enhanced senses can smell these were tears.
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2009-03-03 at 08:27 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Vish

The necromancers of Vish observed Vochia being carried away. If the vampire were killed, it would have set back his master’s plotting for a time, something that the Cult of Spirit wouldn’t have minded at all.

At later time a sealed envelope was delivered to Gunter von Bielefeld. The relations between Vish and the Republic of Nottingrahm were almost nonexistent, apart from a diplomatic dispute ten years ago, when many of the less wealthy monarchists fled to the lands of Vish to escape the victorious Proletariat.

To Gunter von Bielefeld

Spoiler
    Show

On behalf of the Cult of Spirit and nation of Vish, I would like to express my admiration for the accomplishments of The Republic of Nottingrahm. It is a sign of great strength for the people to rise against corrupt and incompetent government. It is a pity that there are so many nations where people, ruled by unaccountable tyrants, do nothing to better their fate. The world would be a better place if your values were shared by people of all nations Light and Shadow alike.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassandra looked with worry as the Dejan was incapacitated and the group left. She snagged a diplomat and whispered "Stay in case you are needed to represent your country"

To Jon she said "We will decide. I third Lord has been suggested as had various govenors."

- SurlySeraph

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunter Von Bielefeld
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent, we can send over a handler with a few dozen ogres, Hounds and watcher spirits if that's acceptable.

A permanent alliance sounds perfectly acceptable, joint research and mutual defense?

[OOC} ogres, massive brutes used as heavy labor and muscle, require very explicit commands or constant supervision In a word stupid thugs

Hounds ,An Irish wolfhound the size of a Saint Bernard with Giantism, fast single-mind with excellent senses. smart dog level intelligence.

Watcher spirits, intelligent incorporal spirits capable of making very shrill easy to identify and loud alarm sounds, as well as communicating with anyone designated by Handler. unable to interact with physical world

To the Marshall If I may ask, who is the new lord to be? the identity of the creature charged with controlling our new neighbors is rather important. and what authority does will he have besides your goodwill? a neutral zone can just as soon be a sanctuary for brigands as a secure buffer.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

"We were thinking of a way to choose such a steward" Cassandra said " We were thinking that perhaps we give a period of time to the peace and then the one who puts the most into it will gain control of the buffer zone, with a council of the opposite faction to keep him in check"

- SurlySeraph

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

And how would the power of state be divided between the Steward and the council?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

17. - Top - End - #77

Gunter Von Bielefeld

Gunter Von Bielefeld kept his peace during the further conversation. He had said what he believed to be the right course. He mostly looked bored, and signaled to his stewards to deliver letters.

Mageocracy of Theril
    Spoiler
    Show
    That sounds acceptable.

Indeed. Do you agree?

Vish
    Spoiler
    Show
    Talk such as this generally precludes asking for something. So, what do you wish?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunter Von Bielefeld
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes the offer is fine.

a few days later a few conjurers along with a small wagon of supplies and the promised creatures arrive at the border.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

19. - Top - End - #79

Planetar

The officer salutes smartly, and

After a few minutes, Knight Commander Risulf re-enters the hall, looking scruffier than before, but otherwise there is almost no indication of his earlier transformation.

"Well, now." He says, "What is it I have missed?"

Fircas goes up to the High King.

"The Emperor has been informed, your majesty. He expresses his apologies, and will prepare accomodations for any Guardians you may send to his realm."

The Archmage receives the Dejan note, and responds.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We shall. Fastalf and other inquisitors shall be set on this matter immediately. Um..." Fircas pauses, as if trying to think of some comfort, "Is the Baron alright?"
    Last edited by Falconer; 2009-03-03 at 08:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Vish

To Holy Empire of Moon and Stars
    Spoiler
    Show

In light of your recent alliance with Deja we repeat our proposition for supplying your nation with grain. Our wizards can also consult you about the necromancy, should you require a discreet advise in your dealings with Deja.

To Deja
    Spoiler
    Show

In regard to your trade proposition. Our nation is rich in raw materials. If you provide us with the investment capital we can start developing our natural resources and deliver substantial returns in form of materials required by you.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2009-03-04 at 08:43 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

The High King nods "Excellent"

Cassandra ran and jumped up to the High King effortlessly. She said something and he nodded and created a golden bubble around the two of them.

They appeared to be discussing something intently.

Then the bubble went down and the two stood "People of the Light" the King began.

"And the Shadow"

"We have decided that the ruler of this buffer zone and commander of its legion will be decided by a great contest. Whoever contributes the most to this peace will be awarded the seat by us. Until then we will co-regulate it. "

Cassandra nodded "We will see here again"

- SurlySeraph

22. - Top - End - #82

Gunter Von Bielefeld

"Now, that sounds interesting. Tell me, by what means will we determine who contributes the most?" Gunter asked, leaning forward in his chair.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Calafais

OOC :

Wizard : sorry i misunderstood what you had put, ill fudge something now

IC

When the assasin thing attacks

Bangles watches in an amused fashion, but does stand up and draw her sword to protect herself just incase. Moving forwards on her left and right Erthwin and Martha draw their weapons and unsling their shields and move across to protect Bangles's flank. The guards behind level their spears and move forwards to fight over the top.

Seeing everyone disperse, Bangles sheathes her weapon and moves backwards back into her seat. Speaking across to the Baron

"Now you see if only you were a normal person, not an un-natural abomination perhaps you wouldn't be looking and feeling so ill. That is some nifty magic though, could be quite useful as well to stop more innocents falling under your thrall."

Continuing the conversation

Bangles sits back relaxing

"A neutral zone I would be quite happy with, although it does of course depend upon how wide said neutral zone.

One thing I would demand though, is any gains nations have made since the start of the war, nations should be allowed to keep.

They have of course spent excessivley large amounts of technical expertise, mens lives, and hardware in ensuring that those gains can be claimed for their own respective nations. It would be unfair to force said nations to give up what gains they have made."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

To Bangles If all gains are respected, what land are we supposed to make the neutral zone out of?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Vish

The First responds to Bangle’s proposal:

I don’t think that nations, that spent excessively large amounts of technical expertise, men’s lives, hardware and in the end lost their lands, would find it very fair. Let’s admit a lot of these territories would be in the hands of completely different nations, if the peace was concluded, say a month later. Therefore I propose that we include all the lands that excessively changed their masters in the Neutral Zone.

26. - Top - End - #86

Planetar

Fastalf rises and speaks.

"In the interest of fairness, let us examine these two proposals: Calafais believes that it would be be wasted resources and a dishonor to the lives of fallen soldiers if nations would not keep their gains.

The Vish, however, feel that if the war had continued, the borders would be far different. I respond thus: it is not a matter of what WOULD have happened should the peace have not been declared, but what DID happen, what lives and resources WERE spent in the claiming of that territory. Perhaps, however, to those nations that lost territory, those that conquered it could provide some form of...reimbursment?" The Empire, for example, does possess a small mountain range in Vish territory: we would be willing to compensate the nation of Vish for this land, which many of our brave knights and crusaders died to claim."

@ Vish
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Empire would be willing to participate in this trade agreement.
    Last edited by Falconer; 2009-03-05 at 06:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Empire of the Crescent

The reprehensive for the country of Santi remained silent during the meeting, listening and watching. But he was ordered to. And with the meeting to an end, he left as silently as he had been. The world around him bent and shifted, nature heeded the silent motions and songs he sung, and it parted for his travel, like two great veils pulling apart to show a great wonder to the masses. And back in the secret holdings of the Empire of the Crescent he removed his mask, the face beneath marked by dyes and tattoo’s, the markings of a man of great honor to the secret country. He bowed to his brothers in the holding, and they bowed back, their robes and masks drowning out the ambient noise of rustling clothing and murmured greetings.

The man was only known as Serial to his fellows, a name he gained through action, the only way the Empire of the Crescent would even honor a name. Before him stood the Council of Reconciliation, and he obeyed their silent edicts as he would obey the impulse to remove his hand from a hot iron. He spoke to them of what he had seen and learned, of the “contest” and of the tensions that still ran through the world in both the light and the shadow.

And those robed figures, their masks all plain, baring only eyes raise a hand each and spoke, their voices silent and cold, like fresh falling snow

“Blessed are those that walk the pathways."

Serial only nodded, raising his left hand and uttering the response

“Forgiven are those paths who reach to meet the feet of travelers.

And he parted ways with his leaders, the leaders of the Empire of the Crescent, and he knew what he must do. The Empire of the Crescent would wait…for now. Perhaps…no…surely hostilities would begin again.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

The High King raised an eyebrow "As to the land, it will require some of the border nations to give up land, equal on both sides. They will be reimbursed by their own faction."

Cassandra nodded "As to reimbursing deaths, it will not be mandatory but it is an excellent step towards peace"

- SurlySeraph

29. - Top - End - #89
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Calafais

"Giving up some land will be fine of course. Im more concerned about gains of a more permanent feature, like cities as well as farms, towns, bridges and the like.

I think that no one should have to give up anything of such a big gain like that."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

How can the neutral faction have any strength if all the valuable things are kept by either side.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp