New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts [Freeform] IC

The elderly man names samos sets down his tea pot and comes to the entrance to greet you. After which he shuts the door and begins serving bread and tea to all those within the house.

Welcome, welcome. I apologize for the calous behavior of the city gaurd. The "Krimson" gaurd as they are dubbed havent been known for their manners. Samos then puts down his staff and takes a seat in midair. I believe I can explain your predicament quiet sufficiently. You see there is a threat out in the multi-verse. A race of monstrocities known as the "heartless". These beasts of the shadows, born from unfullfilled hearts traverse the multi-verse in search of more hearts. I have yet to find any motive beyond this. However when these beasts get to a world they begin searching for the planets "heart".

Samos takes a pause before continuing. The heartless can then manipulate these hearts, thereby destroying the world and all its inhabitants. However its not uncommon for a few survivors of exeptional heart to make it off the world alive. This is what has happend to you. I recent witnessed the fading of a handfull of stars. I am assuming some of which were your native worlds. Anyhow, I am ranting. To make a long story short, this is haven city, your stuck here.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Jarlaxle folds his arms across his chest and gives an understanding nod."That would explain why my operatives have been dissappearing. So do we have any way of getting rid of them?"
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Jacob Tate

Exceptional heart? I just got sh!tfaced last night and woke up on a strange roof. And if we're all from different worlds then shouldn't we be speaking different languages or something?
    Jacob asks dubiously.
    World hopping does happen, maybe I shouldn't dismiss this out of hand. I'll definitely need to look into it a little further though.
    Stuck here? That might be a little more informative if we had some information about here, 'cause otherwise I'm gonna find a bus or something back to New York.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cecil Harvey
    Paladin

Cecil, completely out of his element and confused about his present circumstances, says and does very little during the brief battle with the police, climbing down slowly from the house and entering Samos' dwelling when bid to do so. He sits on his knees in a corner, content to watch.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quina Quen

From Samos' kitchen you hear an almighty crash. Those who enter will see a creature with an impossibly long tongue sitting on the floor happily eating everything within reach (which is a lot now that all his cupboards have been opened.

Seeing you he simply says "You have good food. Me happy".
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Samos Takes a start to the the rotund creature devouring his stock, he grabs his staff prepared to attack. But stops when he sees your not an immediate threat. Samos chalks you up as just another survivor and then continues his story.

Well, err jacob, is it? I dont know where "Newyok" is, however I can tell you "here" is the city of haven. One of few safe areas on this planet. Outside of here there is a vast dessert to the east, and for awhiile to the north and west. Unless you have a death wish there isent going to be a "leaving" part to any of this. So I suggest you make yourselves comfortable, your in for the long run. The little man goes back to levitating as his story begins again.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Quina Quen

"Me comfortable but wonder. You look like frog. Are you frog? Frogs are favourite food. Are you frog?"

He then swings his tongue around 360 degrees, almost like he's licking his lips.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Jacob Tate

Great, stuck in a strange city with a bunch of heavily armed people of "exceptional heart" and apparently our worlds were destroyed along with everyone we know. Is there any good news?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Samos in reply to Quina : Uh, n-no im afraid im not.

Turning back to the other guests, I doubt it. I cant tell you where to go, or what to do. But I do know that your not going to get the best treatment from the gaurds. At this you notice outside the house that there are roughly 30 or so gaurds, all up and down this street. They are gaurding houses as well as interrogating people. *sigh* and it looks like your little incident incited another lockdown. Well, they will give up soon. There are no heartless, nor metalheads to be found around here.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground

Travis

"Of course there's good news, kid," says Travis, still prostrate on the couch, "you guys have me around."
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:
    The Battle Psychic Martial Adept

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Vincent's stealthy bush hideout is getting cramped, and scratchy... He really hopes that the weird conversation ends soon, and they decide to do things.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Gallio

Gallio stood over to one side, not trusting any furniture to hold his weight.
    The big...tongued...thing....startled him, but he resigned himself to holding off on cleansing this place. With only himself, he might not manage it. If only his chapter brothers were here....

"Jacob, try not to let despair cloud your mind. We may yet fight back this darkness, these Chaos-spawned Heartless. We simply need goals. Goal one is to get off this barren rock of a planet."
    Turning his head slightly towards Travis, he states coldly "No, whelp, having you around certainly isn't a piece of "good news". You're liable to get us all killed."
    Turning the the little green man, he ***** an eyebrow and asks, "You spoke of the north, the east, and the west. What of the south? What lies to the south of this city?"
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2009-03-02 at 02:34 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Samos makes a face as if to show offense at the "barren rock" comment.

The southern areas of haven lie apon a lake. This same body of water carrys a ways south. Past that, just more desert im afraid.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Jacob Tate

Jacob just rolls his eyes at Travis' comment before turning to Gallio.
    No worries big fella, I'm not lost to despair just yet. Mostly just trying to get a handle on the situation.
    He answers before pausing for a moment.
    You know, you guys all seem to be armed and combat ready, so it seems a bit off to me that I'd land with a bunch of soldiers.
    He muses.
    Not that I'm not ready to go if a fight breaks out, but they don't need to know that yet.

15. - Top - End - #75

Travis

"What'd you just say?!" Travis says to Gallio, standing up angrily, "I'm the greatest assassin in the United States, you got that? I don't have to take that kind of **** from a tin man like you." The effect of this intimidation is lost by the fact that Travis stands roughly 3 feet shorter than Gallio.
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Jarlaxle perks up his ears at Travis' statement and then puts a hand on the man's shoulder. Chuckling, his whispers, "Stand down friend, you're liable to get yourself killed." If he succeeds in pulling Travis away, he then asks him, "So, an assassin you say. Freelance or do you have a company?"
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

My meager homebrew

17. - Top - End - #77

Travis

Travis lets Jarlaxle hold him back. "Company? Sort of. But it was all a scam by this Silvia chick. She got me to kill all of the competition so that my world would be defenseless when she brought down the Heartless." "Plus," he adds with a snort, "she conned me out of at least couple million bucks."
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Jarlaxle laughs, "I like the sound of her, shrewd businesswoman. Anyways, I'm looking to build another branch of my company here. I can assure you any competition will be eliminated before we begin operations. And assassins are always handy. What do you say we for a sort of business arrangement?"

My meager homebrew

19. - Top - End - #79

Cecil Harvey
    Paladin

Cecil continues to sit quietly through the various bursts of activity and changes of conversational topic. He listens, allowing information about his fellow survivors come to him through their speech, actions, and professed goals. Finally, he stands.

"Master Jarlaxle, I don't think that this is the best time for business concerns."

He addresses the whole room.

"Since we have come here, there is very little doubt in my mind that the Heartless shall be soon to follow in far greater numbers than they have already shown. If that is the case, then this city shall soon be under a massive assault. Regardless of our actions, we shall be in the middle of a battleground very soon. What do you all plan to do?"
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2009-03-02 at 07:55 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

"Profit," Jarlaxle exclaims with a wink. "Look around us," he hops up on some nearby piece of furniture and begins orating animatedly, "We are obviously a group of by no means ordinary individuals. Each of us I'm sure has the requisite talent to defend this city from the heartless much better than this so called "Krimson Guard". We've seen for ourselves how deaf and incompetent they are. When the heartless come, do we want to leave these good people in their hands? No! We owe it to Haven to do our best to protect this city, our way. And in the process, the people will love us so that we install ourselves as the new lawkeeping force, taking a percentage for our efforts of course. So, what say you?"

My meager homebrew

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Gallio

To Jacob: "While there do seem to be a number of us who are martially inclined, this whole thing feels random. It reeks of Chaos; even if these "heartless" are not the same Chaos scum from my galaxy, they surely are of the same stock. We may all well be random survivors, though my heart refuses to think that these creatures could have overwhelmed the might of the Imperium. The Emperor Protects..." The large man is silent for a moment. Then...
    To Travis: "Listen to the Eldar, whelp. I know not of this "United States". I am a Space Marine; I have fought on a hundred planets, against horrors that would devour normal men. I've seen my Imperium's assassins; they make you look like the whelp you are."
    To Cecil: "Knight, while I confess to no particular attachment to this city, the scenario you bring up is frightening nonetheless. I do not intend to die whimpering here on this desert world. If these heartless do come, they shall be purged by my bolts and blades. That said, I would like to see if we can look for ways off this rock; I do not intend to live here the rest of my days."
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2009-03-02 at 08:47 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Samos gives you a stern look when you hop onto his furniture.
    Yes, well the krimson gaurd is by no meens as weak as you may believe. This was a grunt force. If at anytime a larger assault were to occur you'd see the backing force of Lord Praxias' troops.

With a heavy sigh Im afraid the heartless how made their way here even before your arrival. Thats partly why the krimson gaurd has been increased in both training and numbers. Well, whatever your action is, there is little I can lend you. As soon as the lockdown passes you may take your leave.

Samos begins to turn before noticing the toadman once more ( quina=toadman, I think )

Err, on second thought, there may be something I can do afterall. If you are all so over confident then maybe you can do me a favor. One of my friends have vanished into the deserts to the east.(right I think)
    If you can go and find her and see to her safe return I will be sure to allow you some meens of influence in this city. And, a little green eco to ensure a safe journey.

At this the sage known as samos takes his staff, and standing over the toadtounged quina begins to chant. Within seconds an odd green glow envelops quina.

You can now absorb green eco. The lifeforce of the world. You will learn that as you adapt and grow the eco you collect and use will allow different effects.

Green eco lv 1[spoiler] For now, all of you who DO accept the gift of green eco can harvest a "tank" of up to 2 " Bars" of green eco. In Character this will be absorbing it into your body. as for now all you can do is make a momentary shield with the green eco (1 pt ) but as you advance in strength your ability to do new abilities ( and possibly gain new eco resilliance ) will change as well. )

23. - Top - End - #83

Cecil Harvey
    Is scared for the city

Cecil answers each of the various speakers in turn, speaking deliberately and clearly so as to ensure not to offend. He does not do this out of fear; instead, out of respect for those who live and think, even if he may disagree with or feel contempt for their philosophies.

"Mr. Jarlaxle, what little action I have seen you take has been entirely motivated by profit, and you have already made a business proposition to one of the other survivors. You will forgive me if I am skeptical that your plan is in any way motivated by a desire to defend this city from those who would do it harm."

"Master Gallio, that may all be true, but I believe your efforts to escape from this world will be seriously impeded by an unhindered Heartless invasion. I believe you would be well served to try to stop them from continuing their invasion here before you try to escape. The choice is yours"

"Master Samos, I would happily seek out your friend if you deem it necessary. You have been very helpful, and I wish to repay you. I will happily accept your gift, if you would give it to me. A description of your friend would be very helpful, too."

Once he has finished, Cecil goes to stand by the door, and finishes simply.

"I cannot speak for the rest of you, but I wish to help this world. Once I have found Samos' friend, I will try to see if there is some way to seal this land off from the Heartless. If any of you are willing to help me, I would greatly appreciate it."

((One last thing, @ KnightDisciple:
    A. The Dark Eldar are physically indistinguishable from the Eldar
    and
    B. The Imperium doesn't even know the DE exist.))

24. - Top - End - #84

Travis

To Gallio: "Whatever, Mister Self-Righteous. I'll prove myself to you sooner or later."

To Jarlaxle: "Thanks but no thanks, Ears. I can find work myself, and I've been used before. But that 'percentage' sounds good..."

To Cecil: "Invasion? I might as well just do what I normally do. Kill until everything's dead or I collapse from exhaustion."

"Yikes," says Travis, as he steps back from the glowing Quina. "Can I take a rain check on that, old man? I wouldn't feel safe taking candy from strangers, and I don't feel safe about getting this weird 'gift.'"
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Samos' friend
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah I dont have a pic for this one, mostly because its not a character from the game, ( a good thing to say the least ) so I will have you guys go off of pure description. Also nice advancment cecil

After taking a moment to imbue cecil with the same powers quina had recieved he begins to exclaim, Yes, well as for her description. her name is Alura deis. She is much like the other inhabitants. Long eared, tall, a bit boy-ish in appearance. If you know what a mechanic is-

He ponders for a second.Hmm, OR a blacksmith then that would some up her physical looks well enough. She has blonde hair, is fairly burly and I last saw her wearing a blue jumpsuit. If she is indeed stuck in the desert then I only hope she will be sitting near her vehicle.

Samos takes a quick pause. Just as well, I forgot to mention, if you find yourself falling weak or hungry you can use your new eco powers to draw life from plants. You will still need to eat and drink, but this will fend off the pain and energy loss.

Vehicle ( yeah until I learn the exact name of those damn things I am going to call them vehicles or cars... so tough )

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Jarlaxle gives an astonished look to Cecil, "I've made no pretentions otherwise my knightly friend. I'm merely stating the fact that we could use our considerable abilities to help this city to our mutual benefit."

Jarlaxle then bows to Samos while maintaining his perch to receive the green eco. "I'd be much honored, wise sage. We will return your friend to you safe and sound as soon as we can." With another bow and a flourish of his cloak, he hops down and proceeds to the door, holding it open next to Cecil and raising an eyebrow at the occupants, inviting them out.
    Last edited by SilentNight; 2009-03-02 at 08:57 PM.

My meager homebrew

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Jacob Tate

Sure, I'll help out. I owe you one for that shield thingy anyway. I'm not gonna turn down any gift that'll increase my survivability either.
    Jacob says, then turns to the knight in the doorway.
    I dunno about helping out the whole world, but finding the little green dude's friend is something I could probably help out with.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

( ok once all participants have replied with an OoC :ready: I will take this to the next part, until then I will let you guys RP as you wish )

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(OOC: Oh, didn't realize that.)

Gallio

Gallio quirks his head to the side in response to Cecil's comments. "As I said, though I hold no attachment to this city, I would nonetheless help fight off these "heartless", both to try to give myself a better chance at returning, and give myself a chance to kill Chaos spawn."

At the green man's request to find his friend, and the offer of this "eco", Gallio thinks a moment. "I will aid in seeking this friend, if for nothing else than to repay you for your assistance earlier. But do not use these strange sorcery on me, green one. I will be fine without it."
    Gallio dons his helmet once more, following Cecil to the door.
    He roundly ignores the whelp (Travis).

30. - Top - End - #90

Cecil Harvey
    Deadpan Snarker

Cecil winces as Jarlaxle theatrically opens the door.

"You might want to wait until the street is no longer on lockdown. There is no point in needlessly angering the authorities, especially since they appear to be...easily provoked. We can set out after that."

:Ready:
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2009-03-02 at 08:58 PM.