New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: A Song of Death

1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A Song of Death

István

István watched as Abor rescued him from the hordes of undead facing him. Glad of the room to breathe, he took stock of the situation around him. Yuriél's radiant advance that drove back many of the wights, but had left him open to one armored wights charge. Seeking a way to help his friend, he spotted the flaming sphere, burning cheerily away from everything, dimming slightly. He closed his eyes and exerted his will, pulling the flaming sphere closer to the wight he ignited it anew and it burst into life once more.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor-Sustain Flaming Sphere
    Move-Flaming Sphere to 17V. 7 Fire Damage to adjacent targets at the start of their turn.
    Standard Action-Attack again with flaming sphere. 16 v Reflex against the battlewight attacking Yuriél doing 15 damage if it hits.
    Last edited by Anonomuss; 2009-03-12 at 09:22 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Round 6
    István may not have noticed the big brute of a zombie lumbering back towards him, as he turns his attention to the flaming sphere. Reigniting and moving the sphere, but sadly the wight manages to avoid the flames as they lash out at it.

Ihlet makes a mighty impressive miss with his table leg, unwilling to give up on these wights just yet.

While the guards inside the temple make short work of the lone skeleton while keeping the line of defence intact, the lone guard near István takes this opportunity to get closer to safety.

Seeing their friend in trouble, the two clerics and the mages move past the guards, sending a barrage of force missiles and seering sight at the armored wight. Only two of them manage to hit the wight. Fortunately one of the clerics had quite a bit of luck, her seering light burning the wight with great effectiveness and granting Yuriél a better chance of striking at it should he wish to.

Spoiler
    Show
    10 damage to battle wight from mage. 11 damage to battle wight from cleric, and Yuriél gains a +2 bonus to his next attack against it

Yuriél, Franz, Janos and János' turn.

Aďn:
    István: 47/50 hp
    Ihlet: 51/70 hp
    Allies:
    Yuriél: 38/64 hp, immobilized
    Abor: Bloodied
    Franz: 21/92 hp
    Janos: 24/64 hp
    János: 54/73 hp, 8 temp hp, conceiled
    Enemies:

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Yuriél

Feeling cold fear and numbness creeping over his limbs, Yuriél clenches down on the holy symbol, a manifestation of the hope that the Nightingale's song inspires. Sure enough, courage floods into his weakened limbs, and he instantly rallies, driving out the debilitating weakness. Turning again to flee, Yuriél sees his friends coming to his aid.

"No! Inside, we must get inside before it is too late! Run!"
    Dashing into the building, he turns and calls out to the goddess. His voice rises high and strident as he calls down a harsh prayer of renouncement, burning the wretched undead creature and draining its unholy strength.

Spoiler
    Show

Immediate Reaction-Symbol of Hope power, saving throw=16
    Move-Shift SE
    Move-24Z
    Minor-Sustain zone
    Action Point!-Standard-Break the Spirit on Battle Wight at 18W
    Perform-22 (REALLY cut it close, the DC is 22)
    Attack-33 vs Will (Hit, I'm guessing )
    Damage-25 radiant, plus vulnerability
    Effect-Wight takes -4 penalty to attack rolls until end of Yuriél's next turn
    WARNING-Turned wights are no longer immobilized! GTFO!

Spoiler
    Show

Bit of a waste of an Action Point, but there's no use running if I can't get away without getting whacked by an OA, and that thing's attack roll bonus is almost as big as my total AC! And we need to take that thing down like, yesterday. Almost a third of its HP in one go is worth it
    BTW, my count on its damage is this: 21 from NPCs, 30 from Yuriél, 22 from Flaming Sphere (counting this round) and it should have taken damage in Round 5 from the Sphere, but Anon never rolled it. So...73+(1d4+5) out of 98 HP. If Abor does the smart thing and follows directions, he'll run, but you and I know he won't, and will hit something. If he can do a bunch of damage, it might go down this round...unlikely. That leaves István and maybe Abor outside...bleh...why can't everyone just get the hell inside We could set up a really sweet line of defense! [/rant]
    Edit: János could get a solid hit on it too. Got any radiant powers in reserve?
    Last edited by Tanaar; 2009-03-14 at 05:12 AM.
    Ferret in the Playground!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

Jŕnos

Appearing from behind the corner where he sought shelter, Jŕnos focus his rage and frustration in a devastating ray of dark flames, wich engulf the toweing monstruosity.

That's definitly better, and the priests seem to be able to contain the wight advance, if it doesn't start raining **** maybe i can make it with my body still in a single piece.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action:
    Move to 26Y. Gain concealment.
    Standard action:
    Hellish Rebuke on the big zombie in 24U-25V (28 vs Reflex, CRITICAL HIT). On a hit 16 Fire damage and 8/10 Fire damage if i take damage before the end of my next turn. On a kill gain 8 temp. HP. (Note: i don't know if the secondary damage is maximized too on a crit)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Janos

Spoiler
    Show
    Double run to W21 and a healing surge if I can. If not then I can wait until the next round to get more HP.

Seeing the undead at the gates of the city Janos laughs to himself while talking to the spirits. So you must really want me in that building to be trapped an die with the others? So be it, but you'll regret the day you lead me to my death.
    Last edited by Venom; 2009-03-14 at 09:20 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Round 6
    Yuriél calls upon the strength and courage of the Nightingale to break free of the numbing fear and retreat back to the temple, turning once again to blast the armored wight with holy light and break its unholy power.

Abor does hear the urging of both Aďn and Yuriél. With a quick slash at the guts of the big zombie in front of him, he quickly leaps back and retreats towards the temple before the undead can react, calling out to István to follow him.

Franz and Janos both turn to flee towards the temple, seeing no other options and hoping it is not the complete deathtrap it seems. As Franz turns, both wights lash out at him, yet only one manages to hit him, giving him a nasty cut.

János follows the rest of the defenders in moving towards the temple, again, while unleashing his dark fury upon the towering zombie.

The big brutish zombie, having gotten back up and lumbered back over to where it was before, smashes its heavy fists into István, knocking the mage over.

The somewhat battered battle wight notes Janos as he runs past and moves in to hack down the giant. Fortunately for Janos the swing goes wild and misses thanks to Yuriél's holy light still burning the unholy being.

The other wight which wasn't turned notes Franz as he appears from the alley, and turns to attack the dwarf, but fails to get past the fleeing dwarf's defences. The rest of the wights break free of Yuriél's hold and advances upon the defenders again.

Meanwhile, back in the alley, the two wights turn their attention to Ihlet, slashing at him mercilessly.

Round 7
    Get inside, everyone! Hold the door, keep them out! Aďn calls, her voice firm and commanding. Already things are looking much worse again, with the wights and hulking zombie surrounding the defenders on all sides, and the approach of a veritable horde of undead in the distance all around, many of them seemingly newly dead. No doubt many of these undead which are now approaching are the remains of those who bravely fought, but fell only moments ago.

Spoiler
    Show
    30 damage to armored wight from Yuriél. 10 damage to big zombie from Abor. 7 damage to Franz from wight, and lose 1 healing surge. 16 damage to zombie hulk from János. 18 damage to István from zombie, knocked prone. 15 (6 and 9) damage to Ihlet from the two wights, and lose 2 healing surges.

István and Ihlet's turn.

Aďn:
    István: 29/50 hp, prone
    Ihlet: 36/70 hp
    Allies:
    Yuriél: 38/64 hp
    Franz: 60/92 hp
    Enemies:

7. - Top - End - #67

Ihlet

Bleeding from his wounds and feeling the dreadful taint of the Wights claws Ihlet pushes past the two undead and flees after Franz down the alleyway. Don't give up... Just make it to the Temple... He thinks to himself desperately.

Spoiler
    Show
    Double move out of the alleyway, I should end up at K22 which is right behind Franz. Then I want to use my action point to use Second Wind and regain some health.

Myth Weavers is down, so I'm not sure how many surges I have left, but I don't think I've used all of them yet.

8. - Top - End - #68

István

István fell to the ground, winded after the giant zombie's blow. He found himself alone amongst the horde of undead, as Abor had left his side only moments earlier. Lying on the ground, István resigned himself to the fat that he could do no more to buy the defenders of the temple's gate more time. The giant zombie loomed large above him, and he hurredly gathered what power he could to his battered body. With a gesture, he released the energy from his body. It swirled around his prone form, and he closed his eyes. When he opened them again, he found himself within the temple.

Thank the Phoenix, he thought, exhaling . He stood up, and brushed himself off. He turned to the defenders in the temple, rolling up his sleeves.

"Now, how can I help?" he asked.

Spoiler
    Show

Move-Stand up from prone.
    Standard-Dimension Door to 23%
    Minor-Sustain flaming sphere, doing 6 fire damage to the battlewight in 18V. It also did 7 fire damage last turn to the same wight, not sure if I mentioned it in my last post.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Round 7
    István focuses his powers and whisks away to the temple, to escape immediate danger. Meanwhile, Ihlet rushes past the two wights, dodging one swift strike and ignoring the pain of the other, determined to get out of there before all is lost. As he catches up to Franz he calls upon his inner strength to grant him a brief surge of power, hoping it will be enough to get him through all of this.

Taking the opportunity to strike a damning blow to the weakened wight before retreating inside the temple, one of the clerics and their mage friends launch another volley of bolts and holy light at the unholy abomination. This time their collective force proves to be devastating. While the group of defenders retreat back inside, the unholy thing collapses in a heap of metal and rotting flesh.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think I forgot about the flaming sphere just then. Sorry. I believe, however, that the first (7) damage was to the wight currently in W20, since it moved there from W18 where István had moved the sphere (to V17). The other one, currently in V18 is the one previously immobilized by Yuriél, it moved there during its turn (because I forgot the sphere was there).

I'm sorry if it is a little hard to see which ones move where on the map, especially when some of them move more than once on their turn. Maybe I should have called them different things, given them numbers perhaps? Maybe I should add the sphere to the map as well... in fact, I'll do that. There is now a nice, brightly orange circle in V17. That's the flaming sphere. Now I won't forget it :)

9 damage to Ihlet from wight, lose one more surge. Since Myst Weavers is still making trouble, and because Ihlet's sheet happens to be one of those I have yet to make a copy of, I can't say how much Ihlet heals either, or how many surges he has left (though I don't think he can have used all of them either). Hopefully MW gets back up and running soon.

9+12+16=37 damage from mages and cleric to battle wight in W20.

Yuriél, Franz, Janos and János' turn.

Aďn:
    István: 29/50 hp
    Ihlet: 27/70 hp, +?? hp from Second Wind
    Allies:
    Enemies:
    Last edited by Deadly; 2009-03-15 at 04:33 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Yuriél

Yuriél smiles in bittersweet pride at the organized and effective retreat, and at the teamwork displayed by his fellows in the destruction of the undead. As he and Abor usher in the last of the refugees, the cries of a dwarf and giantkin draw his attention to the larger fight, and the grim reality of the situation once again takes hold. Singing once more the beautiful Song, the goddess's wrath is focused through his voice to manifest as a burning shaft of divine fire, striking the hulking giant zombie looming over the Temple's doors. Retreating with his fellows into the sacred building, Yuriél wishes the Nightingale's blessing on the fleeing warriors across the plaza.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor-Sustain zone. Abor and Janos will both regain 10 HP at the start of their turns.
    Standard-Sacred Flame at zombie hulk.
    Perform-39, DC 16. Waste of a perfectly good natural 20
    Attack-24 vs Reflex
    Damage-13 radiant
    Effect-Ihlet gains 8 temporary HP. Hopefully that will mitigate an OA.
    Move-24#

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Franz

Franz continues his rush forward, pushing past the wight in front of him. "Keep the temple open! We two need to get in as well. We're fight'n men and not undead."This certainly isn't what I planned on doing today.

Spoiler
    Show
    Franz runs, which changes his speed to 7 and grants combat advantage to the Wight. He also spends his action point to get another move action to run even more. Triple move forward to 23/. Opportunity Attack from the wight.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Janos

Spoiler
    Show
    +10 hit points. Move to 23W and attack giant zombie with level 5 encounter Deep Cut. I think I may have missed. Oh well still does half damage of 9, but no ongoing damage. And now comes his rebuttal OA.

Lining up a debilitating blow Janos hefts his mace to inflict a grievous wound upon the hulking brute. However the expert strike only glances off the beasts dead flesh. Spitting a curse at his dreaded luck Janos also curses at the spirits for giving him nothing but grief in life. May you curse the day you ever heard the name Janos Telkes von Szabo.
    Last edited by Venom; 2009-03-15 at 11:45 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73

Jŕnos

After taking a quick shot against the Zombie, Jŕnos dahses trought the temple's doors, finding a safe place behind the defender's wall

I really hope someone got a nice trick up in his sleeeve, because i don't think we can manage to fend off a whole reanimated city,
    And while i don't really mind undeads, joining theyr ranks is not in my immediate agenda.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard action:
    Eldritch Blast on the big zombie in 24U-25V (17 vs Reflex). On a hit 7damage. On a kill gain 8 temp. HP.
    Move action:
    Move to 25%. Gain concealment.
    Minor action:
    Curse the wight in 19U.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Round 7
    Yuriél calls down holy light on the hulking zombie, seering it with great effectiveness and providing Ihlet with a glimmer of hope in the otherwise dire situation. The old jael meanwhile makes his retreat into the temple.

Abor, seeing the two new arrivals and hoping to keep things a little open for them, decides to turn around for another last stab at the giant zombie. While his first stab was a little rushed and misses the brute, he quickly picks up on his failure with a slash from his second blade, cutting deep into the zombie's rotten flesh.

Franz puts all of his energy into a last minute sprint for the temple entrance, making it inside without further harm, thanks to the incredible fumbling of the wight next to him.

Janos decides to give the big zombie a taste of his new mace. Sadly the hit had less effect than Janos had hoped for, but atleast it wasn't completely wasted. The big brute is beginning to look pretty battered and close to falling.

A second later, the dark power of János blasts the brute, causing it to crash and fall over in a heap while the warlock triumphantly pushes his way into the temple with all the others. As triumphantly as the situation warrants, anyway.

The two wights in the alley, and the one not too far from Ihlet, all charge up to get their share of the poor giantkin as he desperately tries to make his way to safety. Luckily for Ihlet, the two wights in the alley were a little far away, and the attack of the other wight is negligible. He's in a rather poor position, however, with three wights now gathered around him.

The other three wights and the armored one charge at Janos and Abor, making sure to stay away from the holy ground while they can. Fortunately this means that only two of them manage to get a stab at the two defenders, and both of them manage to miss by an inch. Meanwhile, in the distance, the hordes of undead march on, getting ever closer to the temple.

Round 8
    Aďn steps up towards the battle, leaving her three helpers to continue the work on their own for a moment. Listening carefully to the sounds around her before calling out again Keep the doorway clear! Do not despair, we only need a little more time!

Spoiler
    Show
    Myst Weavers is still down, but if I'm not mistaken Ihlet gains 17 hp from his Second Wind last turn. Or was there a bonus I forgot?

23 radiant damage to zombie hulk from Yuriél, Ihlet gains 8 temp hp. 9 damage to zombie hulk from Abor. Abor and Janos both gain 10 hp from the consecrated ground. 9 damage to zombie hulk from Janos. 7 more damage from János. 8 damage to Ihlet from wight, perfectly negating the temp hp he just got.

István and Ihlet's turn.

Aďn:
    Ihlet: 44/70 hp, +2 defences
    Allies:
    Abor:
    Janos: 34/64 hp
    Enemies:

15. - Top - End - #75

Ihlet

Ihlet puts on a last burst of speed and sprints away from the surrounding undead, towards the safety of the church. His many claw wounds throb in painfully, promising to leave twisting scar tissue to add to his already grizzled frame.

He gives up all semblance of caution and ignores the wights while he desperately tries to slip past.

Spoiler
    Show
    Double move, this time I'm going to use Run actions. So my speed +2 for both. I should end up in X20, right inside that consecrated ground

I'll probably take 4 opportunity attacks on the way there. If any of them can immobilize me with those attacks then I'm screwed

16. - Top - End - #76

István

Watching the hordes draw closer, István composed himself, and drew the flaming sphere closer to him, so he could better manipulate it in the fight to come. At it moved close to a nearby wight, he had it lash out at it, in an attempt to clear it away from the door.

Spoiler
    Show

Move- Flaming Sphere to 22U

Minor-Sustain Flaming sphere dealing 8 fire damage to any creature starting their turn adjacent to it.

Standard-Attack by flaming sphere 21 v reflex on wight in 22V, dealing 12 fire damage if it hits.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Round 8
    István directs his sphere of flame towards the group of wights and lashes out at the nearest wight with it, enveloping the undead in the flaming wrath of the phoenix.

Meanwhile Ihlet makes a desperate run for his life, making it almost inside the temple, and certainly closer to safety. As much safety as can be had in a city overrun by undead, anyway. The three wight all lash out at him as he sets off. One misses, while the other two sink their claws into his already scarred flesh, draining him of his energy once more.

The guards draw out their crossbows and fires at the wights, concentrating their efforts on those that look the most weakened. With surprising effectiveness they manage to fell one of the wights and plant two bolts solidly in another.

The clerics and mages move into position to focus their fire on the armored threat just outside the door. Sadly they have much less effect than the guards, with only one of the mages managing to hit the scourge.

Spoiler
    Show
    12 fire damage to wight from István.

I've moved Ihlet to Y22 instead of X20. It was the closest I could get him to the temple entrance using his running speed while avoiding as many OAs as possible, and keeping him inside the consecrated ground (X20 is outside the consecrated ground). He "only" gains three OAs this way, from the wights that surrounded him.

18 damage to Ihlet from wights, lose 2 more healing surges. If my count is right, he's lost/used 7 healing surges by now (6 from wights, 1 for Second Wind), which brings him down to only 1 surge left.

15 damage to wight in V22 and 19 damage to wight in W25 from guards. 9 damage to battle wight from mage.

Aďn:
    Ihlet: 26/70 hp
    Allies:
    Abor:
    Enemies:
    Last edited by Deadly; 2009-03-17 at 04:49 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

Yuriél

Relief washes over Yuriél as Aďn steps up behind him. Half-turning, he places one hand gently on her forearm, and flashes her a smile he knows she cannot see. Whatever she has planned, the old jael has faith that it will succeed.

Turning back to the fight, his voice sings out to the Nightingale, asking her again to succor the wounded. Pouring her blessings over the battered giantkin, he next calls down the goddess's wrath in a burning column of white fire, engulfing the nearest armored wight, leaving its lesser kin to the bolts and blades of warriors.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor-Sustain Zone. Broken record much?
    Minor-(Perform 31, DC 21) Bastion of Health to Ihlet. He can spend that last healing surge before the wights steal it, and gain an additional 9 HP
    Standard-Daunting Light on the Battle Wight (Perform 38)
    Attack-25 vs Reflex Damage-26 radiant, plus vulnerability
    (Edit: Also, Janos gains combat advantage against it until my next turn. Not that I want him to stick around hitting things. Get inside, man!)
    I love being a cleric in a horror campaign. Definitely going for the Radiant Servant paragon path
    Last edited by Tanaar; 2009-03-17 at 07:25 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Janos

Spoiler
    Show
    Screw trying to kill, now I'm just trying to survive. So I'll do a double move again. Shift to 23X, then move to 26/

Nudging Ain's shoulder he tries to urge the ranger into the temple. "Gods be damned man. We should REALLY get inside with all the other survivors if we don't want to become their next meal". He said referring to the undead. Spitting into the eyes of the undead in front of him, Janos then quickly retreats into the supposed safety of the temple.

20. - Top - End - #80

Jŕnos

Shifting through the croud on the temple's doors, Jŕnos finds a suitable place, allowing him to carefully aim at the undeads surrounding Abor. The dark powers promptly respond to his call, engulfing the wretched creature.

Turning his head toward the newcomer he whispers, in hironical tone: Not the best phrase to say as you enter into a temple.
    Then, looking at Aďn, he continues: Whatever you are doing, try do do it fast.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action:
    Move to 22# (taking a longer route). Gain concealment.
    Minor action:
    Curse the nearest undead (Battle wight in 25X if it's still alive).
    Standard action:
    Eldritch Blast on the same target (24 vs Reflex). On a hit 12 damage. On a kill gain 8 temp. HP.
    Last edited by Sinenomine; 2009-03-19 at 11:36 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Franz

"Get in the temple you damn fools! Our good luck can't last forever. The gods can only picks sides for so long."

Franz rushes out to the doorway, grabbing Ihlet by armor and throwing the giantkin into the temple. The giant falls to the ground with a couple of the guards, but he is now inside.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kinda don't know if this is allowed, but I thought I would try it. Seeing as Franz is one beefy dwarf, I am making a grapple attack against Ihlet and then throwing him into the church. Not sure on all the rules for that, but I figure he wouldn't resist if it made him (mostly) more safe. If this isn't cool, I'll go change my actions

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Round 8
    Yuriél calls once again upon the soothing power of the Nightingale, to aid the fleeing Ihlet and send down seering light upon the dreaded wight. The armored wight looks like it's not too far from falling now.

Abor turns slightly and lashes out at the armored wight next to him, giving it a deep cut while the ranger nimbly leaps out of the way of retaliation, moving swiftly inside the temple while ignoring the claws of the two other wights.

At the same time, a disturbing moan sounds from the fallen husk of the giant zombie, as it slowly rises from the ground, lifting its own massive frame back up as if it had only been tripped briefly.

Franz rushes back out the door to grab his friend and pull him inside the relative safety behind the guards.

Janos rolls out of the way, evading any swift strikes from the surrounding enemies entirely as he hurries into the temple. Presumably his somewhat strangely chosen words were directed at Abor, who is already well inside the temple.

János weaves his way through the temple to find a good spot before cursing and directing his dark powers at the armored wight. Already worn from the battle and struggling to hold itself up, the dark creature collapses in a heap of rotting flesh and metal.

The wight next to the flaming sphere ignores the burning, as it marches up to the guards protecting the temple and lashes out at the closest one, but fails to strike. It's nearby friend follows suit, but it has even less luck with its attack. The rest of the wights all charge towards the temple.

The horde of undead continues their storm towards the temple. Some of them gather beneath the large stained glass windows along the sides, trying to scamper up the wall to get through. One of the windows along the north wall shatters in a shower of glass, cutting one of the priests helping Aďn. Luckily he manages to focus on the task, ignoring the small cut.

Round 9
    Aďn smiles briefly at Yuriél's touch, glad that he is here and well. Hopefully things will work out, despite everything... then she raises her voice in song, confering the power of the Nightingale upon everyone within the temple, blessing their attacks against the horde of undeath. As the window shatters, her expression turns to worry Defend the windows, keep the scourge out! Let nothing get inside or they'll ruin the ritual. Be careful with the runes on the floor, do not disturb them.

Things are beginning to look a little more hectic. As Aďn has pointed out there is the beginnings of a circle of runes in the back of the temple, taking up three quarters of the sanctuary, roughly speaking. It is what the clerics have been working on this whole time, and it is nearly complete from the looks of it. No doubt the undead could ruin it all, if they were to get inside before it is finished. Avoiding stepping on the runes is easy enough, as long as one is aware of them.

Spoiler
    Show
    30 damage to battle wight from Yuriél. 9 damage to battle wight from Abor. 18 damage to Abor from the two wights in V23 and W25.

Please note the new initiative for the big zombie.

Franz: As far as I can tell, the rules for grabbing and dragging an ally in is that if the ally is helpless (or willing, I'd say) they count as objects that you simply pick up and move. You can move at half your speed when you pull someone. So, provided that Ihlet is willing to be pulled around like that, you can do it. The cramped situation makes it rather difficult, however, but I'm willing to say that you could get to square #23 and Ihlet in %22 even thought that's slightly above what your move can do. It doesn't say that you can't "run", though, which would solve it.

I doubt Limos would complain about getting inside and away from imminent danger, so I'll assume it works. If Limos decides that Ihlet would resist, we'll work that out then.

12 damage to Battle Wight from János, killing it. 8 temp hp to János, which overlaps with his current temp hp. 8 damage to wight in V23 (now Y23) from István's flaming sphere. 1 damage to cleric in +20 from shattered window.

Aďn casts Bless, giving everyone a +1 to attack rolls until the end of the encounter.

István and Ihlet's turn.

Aďn:
    Ihlet: 44/70 hp
    Allies:
    Zombie Hulk: New initiative, bloodied
    Enemies:

23. - Top - End - #83

István

Caught in the press at the door, with the horde of zombies hammering on the windows, István continued to move his sphere to be of the best effect. As his arcane sphere moved into position, through chanelling it, he felt the Huge Zombie rise again. Not on my watch he thought. Once the sphere had moved into position to hinder any of the horde that attempted to move through the door, he returned his attention to his own body, He channelled his energy a ball of force that span and flickered with a miniature lightning storm. He pulled it back, and threw it with all his force towards the large zombie.
    It shattered as it hit the large zombie, shattering into a thousand shards that rained down upon those next to it.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor-Sustain Flaming Sphere, dealing 9 fire damage to any who start their turn adjacent to it.
    Move-Flaming Sphere to 24X
    Standard Action-Force Orb at Huge Zombie (20 v Reflex, doing 7 damage, and allowing a secondary attack)
    Secondary Attack:
    S-Blank (19 v Reflex, doing 8 damage)
    E-Blank (16 v Reflex, doing 10 damage)
    SE-'W' (17 v Reflex doing 14 damage)

((Yes, I did notice that in the dice rolling thread I got my East-West sides mixed up. I do it all the time.))

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Yuriél

Seeing the growing problem and potential salvation offered by the other clerics' work, Yuriél directs the warriors around him to buy time. "Quickly! Force the undead out of the doorway, and close the barrier!"

Spoiler
    Show
    What? PHB says I can talk when its not my turn If you've got a problem with interrupting the turn order, I'll delete this, deadly.

Yuriél is basically telling the big, strong types to bull rush the wights out of the way and close the doors on their turn.

25. - Top - End - #85

Ihlet

"I don't know what you lot are up to, but you had best hurry!" Ihlet calls as he moves over to the nearest window. He waits for the nearest zombie to start moving through the opening then clocks it with his table leg. Scoring a mighty blow across the foul creatures misshapen jaw. "Begone miscreant! Back to the grave with you!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Three different paths here, depending on the specifics of the windows.

If windows don't serve as an impediment at all and the zombies are open to attack right away then I move directly into the window and attack the zombie at 17= with an attack roll of 27 (Critical Hit!) and damage of 18 (8+8+2).

If the windows are not open and the zombies have to do something to get in then I want to move to 19= and use a readied action to use my critical hit against the first zombie through the window.

If the windows are relatively sturdy and the zombies won't be taking them down this turn then I want to move to 24Y and use my critical hit on the Wight instead.

I finally get a good attack roll and I might not even get to use it. Oh irony how I despise you.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Round 9
    István directs his flaming sphere into a more advantageous position, before summoning a seething ball of concentrated force. Throwing his ball at the big zombie, it explodes in a rain of shards upon the surrounding undead. One of the undead avoids the shower of pure force, while another is destroyed. The wight and the huge zombie both growl in displeasure at the force tearing their unholy flesh.

Ihlet moves up to the nearest window and readies himself to deliver a mighty blow to the first undead freak to get through that window. Judging from the looks of it, that won't be long.

The two guards in the doorway nods at Yuriél and turns to the two wights in front of them, rushing into them and trying to force them back. Sadly, neither guard has any luck with that, and the wights remain standing. Two of the guards behind the first two grab their halberds and tries instead to hack down the bothersome wight, with much more success, though both wight remain standing.

The last remaining guard throws his halberd towards Ihlet, seeing the poor giantkin stuck with a table leg. The weapon lands on the floor near Ihlet. He then fires a bolt with his crossbow at the wight in the doorway, causing the already staggering wight to collapse in a terrible wail.

The clerics and mages move out to protect the windows, once the undead begin to move in. One of the mages, after a brief consideration, hands Franz his quarterstaff. The mage wasn't really using it anyway, and it is probably a little better than a table leg.

Spoiler
    Show
    Of course Yuriél can talk in between his turns, we have freedom of speech you know :P I just try to stick to having NPCs talk/act on their turn here in my posts because it's a little simpler to manage.

7 damage to big zombie, 8 damage to undead in 26V and 14 damage to Wight in W26 from István.

Ihlet readies an attack on the first undead to enter through the window. This will move his turn in the initiative order to just before the enemies. So, Ihlet will get to carry out his attack in my next post.

I think I described the windows before, but I'm not sure when or where exactly. The windows are closed, and placed about 5 ft above the ground. So they are not particularly easy to get through, but it can be done if you climb a little or stand on something. The undead can get in through the windows, but it's not as easy as simply walking through a door :)

Yuriél, Franz, Janos and Janós' turn

Aďn:
    Allies:
    Abor: bloodied
    Zombie Hulk:
    Ihlet: 44/70 hp, readied action
    Enemies:

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Yuriél

Wincing at the guards' failure to budge the undead, Yuriél sings a prayer to the Nightingale and blasts the remaining wight in the doorway with holy fire. "Get those doors shut!" Humming to his spell of consecration, he pulls the enchantment in closer to protect the embattled faithful, and turns to the others at the back of the crowd. "Safeguard the windows, we can hold them here!"

Spoiler
    Show

Minor-Sustain Consecrated Ground
    Move-Move center of Consecrated Ground to 24Z
    Standard-Sacred Flame on Wight in 23Y
    Perform-22 (DC 16)
    Attack-21 vs Reflex
    Damage-15 radiant plus vulnerability

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Round 9
    Yuriél blasts the wight and tries to organise the battle to get the doors shut. The wight hisses at the seering light, but remains stubbornly standing in the doorway.

Abor looks around a little bewilderedly, finding that he has no bow which would have been handy here. Instead he moves across the room to help defend the windows.

Outside, the giant zombie stirs and moves up behind the stubborn wight, leaning forward to smash its fits down at the guard in front of the wight, but the guard stands firm despite the blow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if people were waiting for me to post again, but I thought I might as well in any case. I guess Ihlet will have to wait one more post, then.

20 damage to wight in Y23 from Yuriél. 9 damage to guard from zombie.

Franz, Janos and János' turn.

Aďn:
    Allies:
    Zombie Hulk:
    Ihlet: 44/70 hp, readied action
    Enemies:

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Janos

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to 20@ to be by the cleric by the NE window.

Moving across the room Janos is wary of the runes on the floor. "Be calm brother, the spirits will see to our fate". Whether or not they have already foretold our deaths this day is yet to be seen though.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Franz

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to 28= Ready action Sure Strike with my quarterstaff if any of the undead manage to get through the window.

The dwarf takes his new staff and walks to the southern window. He scowls at the scourge of undeath outside the window.

"Come and fight a real warrior you freaks. Nothing gets past me."