New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Pandora's Box [Team 2] [IC]

DM

Each of you are in the great town of Kalikan. Striding throughout the town you notice freshly laid cobbles on the town, with mortar still settling between them, yet no give or twist throughout the main road.

Hawkers line the main roads, gaily decorated stalls cover the sides of the streets. Each piece of canvas is died a different colour, some red some yellow some blue and some bright green.

Calls come out from behind various stalls

"Fortunes being told, come and have your fortunes told!"

"Lucky charms! Come and get your lucky charms!"

"Sharak teeth, official teeth of the high ruler, come and get your teeth!"

"No one looks right without a brightly coloured cape. Sir come and get a bright cape"

"Hot meat pies! Come and get yourself a hot meat pie!"

You have 2 hours to mingle in the crowds, talk to others and maybe even meet a companion or two. Its about 11AM and the sun is high in the sky, Sharak will be out at about 1PM and the huge feast will begin in earnest.

Game on!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Pandora's Box [Team 2] [IC]

Tagri
    The lucky charms stall quickly attracts my attention. I sidle up to the man selling them and grin at him from under my cloak, then act particularly interested in one of them and examine it for several minutes, looking up from time to time to show my teeth and gauge how he reacts to me.

3. - Top - End - #3

Tesoylmai
    My now green hair flowing out behind me, unbound, one hand in Cana's fur, the two of use skip -- well, I haven't managed to teach him to skip quite yet, but I have been trying! -- through the hard boring streets, with no dirt between my bare toes. From time to time, Cana lets out a play bark, just to make people jump. He's so sweet like that! Oh, right, the streets. I wanted to go visit all the pretty colors, but he kept trying to drag me off to the food, so I finally had to filch him a meat treat from one of the stands. Then he cooperated easy enough as I went through some of the fun stalls, with reams of colorful fabric. There was this lovely pink filmy stuff, almost like the way the sky can get as the sun goes down, that I thought about getting, but then there was a lovely red that matched my brown skin, and this other wrap-thingy that was a light green, not quite the spring leaf green, that would fit so well with my hair, and so much to see!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Brock
    A large, heavily muscled man in a chain shirt is examining some of the sharak teeth with a slight smirk playing at the edge of his thin lips. The vendor enthusiastically ensures the authenticity of the teeth and offers a "special offer, just for you" but the large man only shakes his head. After this small exchange the tall blonde man moves to the meat pies and looks for a quick snack to hold him over until the feast begins.
    Last edited by Tyreus; 2009-03-06 at 12:44 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

BlackDragon

Tagri :

Spoiler
    Show

Nobody reacts overtly to your claws and small teeth. People aren't worried overly by anything, this is a huge melting pot and everyone and everything is welcomed at first.

6. - Top - End - #6

Tagri
    Without the reaction I was hoping for, I quickly bore of the man at the stall, pretend to put the charm into my pouch without paying for it, then before he can do anything hand it back to him with both hands and another grin. The other fey skipping past catches my attention momentarily, and I start to tail her, hoping she'll do or provoke something interesting. I watch the crowds as I pass through them, not really paying attention to anything in particular and occassionally colliding with people's knees. There's a lot going on, but I don't really understand any of it.

7. - Top - End - #7

BlackDragon

DM

Suddenly with still an hour to go till Sharak appears, there is a series of screams coming from your east hand side off the side of the main road down near where the river flows. Looking over you see four people running away from it, and there is also a horde of small green men chasing them. Each of the small green men has in their hands a handaxe and a small wooden shield, with a rusty set of chainmail over them as well.

Although one of them is larger, bulkier and more muscley than the rest, and he is actually carrying a sword that looks to be in fairly good condition, though his wooden shield and chainmail is just as chipped and rusty as the others.

Here's a map if i can figure out how to get it to display.

http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=battlemap.png

You have been placed according to your chat colours (except Drinky Ogre who i haven't seen yet, so he's in yellow)

Pink = Civilians
    Yellow = Drinky Ogre (L4)
    Red = dougcosine (Windlow) (H8)
    Purple = rrkkskrrk (Tagri) (H 13)
    Orange = Tyreus (Brock) (L 11)
    Green = Rainshine (Tesoylmai) (L 15)
    Dark Blue = Little Green Men
    Dark Green = Bigger Musclier Guy (X 22)

EDIT - heres how i want you guys to do combat. Now i know it can take an incredibly long time to do Pbp combat, so everyone roll initiative AND post your actions for that round. Ill then make a summary post using your initiatives in order. I'll wait 18 hours between the combat post and then the summary post. Remember the rules about crit attacks and crit fails as well.
    Last edited by Bangles; 2009-03-07 at 01:31 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Tagri
    Initiative: (1d20+1)[20]
    I draw my bow from my back and notch an arrow, then use my talents with glamer to disappear into the crowd, making myself appear as a unarmed and frightened little girl.
    (Spell-like ability: disguise self caster check for the purposes of Will save DCs: (1d20+1)[20] and disguise check to appear as part of the crowd if it matters: (1d20+6)[11])
    I'm ready to fight now, although I wouldn't have been able to attack anyway without shooting through Tesoylmai's head.
    Edit: That initiative roll had a +5 modifier to it when I wrote it, I could've sworn. Actual initiative would be 24.
    Edit 2: Forgot the charisma bonus to disguise, too. I'll accept the roll so it doesn't look too much like I'm fudging my own results.
    Last edited by rrkkskrrk; 2009-03-07 at 03:59 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Windlow
    Initiative: (1d20+4)[10]
    Not wanting any trouble, I run behind the gray building. This is perfect, my first day in Kalikan and I've already found trouble. I draw my short bow and hope that those green men don't come my way.
    (i would also like to hide: (1d20+12)[18])

EDIT:i'd like to be around Q3.
    Last edited by dougcosine; 2009-03-08 at 02:24 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Brock

Initiative: (1d20+2)[17]

The large human quickly makes his way towards the oncoming green creatures, (s 15) drawing his greatsword as he does so. He says to the nearest fleeing man, "Whats going on here?"

EDIT: Changed square from s 16 to 15
    Last edited by Tyreus; 2009-03-07 at 06:14 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

I was still pawing through fabrics -- one was this sort of sky-blue, and I was trying to meld it with this green! -- when the noises came. Turning, wrapping the lengths of fabric around my left arm, I slid through the crowd to see what all the commotion was -- I though the excitement wasn't supposed to be for hours yet! There were all these people running, and these other guys coming, who I didn't recognize! Visitors! To our village! It must be for the silly celebration! Putting a big smile on, me and Cana move closer and wave to the approaching people. Huh. They look like they're carrying axes... I hope they don't think they're going to hurt my trees! 'cause I won't let them!

Initiative: (1d20+3)[23]
    Moving forward to N16, Cana just to my left.
    Last edited by Rainshine; 2009-03-08 at 07:49 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

BlackDragon

DM

End of Round 1.

Initiative

Spoiler
    Show

Tesoylmai
    Small Green Men
    Tagri
    Brock
    Boss Green Man
    Windlow
    Red Adder

Tesoylmai and her wolf see the small green men and fear for the trees and so move forward across the stall and stand waiting to see what happens.

They don't have to wait long, a little green man comes charging across and takes a swing at Tesoylmai - he misses, just.

The rest of the little green men move to meet the crowd, some engaging the stall holders who had stayed to protect their wares and attacking them without abandon. A few have run off up north to try and get in around behind the rest of the crowd.

Tagri seeing this melds into part of the crowd, and anyone who was looking at him before just see's a small frigtened little girl now, who could be the stall holders daughter.

Brock unsheathes his double handed sword and moves south to engage these monsters, to stop them killing all the townfolk. He takes a mighty swing at one of them but misses {rolled a 2 sorry.}

The taller musclier green man moves to the south end of the main road and just stands there.

Windlow scarpers off to the north side of the large building, he hides just around the corner and thinks none of the little green men can see him, but isn't sure.

Red Adder moves to help Brock engage the little one, but doesn't have time to launch an attack. The little green monster is starting to look afraid though.

Most of the crowd has fled, the little that is remaining to see what happens is edging away from the green men.

Updated Battle Map :

http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=battlemap.png

13. - Top - End - #13

I lope away from the stall, looking for all the world like I'm stumbling and unsure of where to go. The nearest knot of people seems like the best plan; children move towards adults, that's one of the few things I've learnt about humans, and at the moment I'm a frightened child, looking for protection. These green men, though, are spoiling my fun; there's only so much fun to be had watching frightened people when you're not frightening them yourself. Conveniently, I've also come into line of sight with one of them, and the little girl's hand reaches out, grasping for an adult. At least, that's what it looks like until the glamered arrow leaves the bow from just below their fingertips. With any luck, the confusion at where it came from will leave me enough time to nock another.
    (H13 to I15, shooting at the (these are goblins, right?) in M18 (1d20+6)[13] on the attack and (1d20+4)[17] on either knowledge (local) or (geography) to recognise what the little green men are)
    Edit: Just in case it's unclear, that was the NPC's hand, not mine. Tagri shoots with her bow the right way up, thanks.
    Last edited by rrkkskrrk; 2009-03-09 at 09:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Windlow
    While attempting to remain hidden, I ready an arrow in my short bow and prepare to fire at the green man to the east, in case he comes toward me (I am in Q3, right?). If I fire, I will also move to P4.

to hit, if he moves toward me: (1d20+6)[11]

15. - Top - End - #15

He tried to hit me! He tried to hit me! I put my hands on my hips, tried to look like Mother, and gave him a nasty look. "Bad man! That's no way to make friends! You need to take a break!" He was ignoring me, and tried to hit me again! That was too much! A growl came from both me and Cana, as I pulled out my club, and we struck back.

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure how you want me to handle Cana -- he's not on your map, so... Assuming the one at N17 is the one that attacked me, hitting back, then shifting back (towards M16)
    Club: (1d20+2)[15]
    Bite: (1d20+3)[6]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Brock

Brock swings his large sword in a great downward slash. (1d20+6)[7] (2d6+6)[12] If the creature is slain then he will move to flank the closest little green man. (O14)

EDIT: Great, first I roll a 2 and now a 1... I suppose Brock will stay where he is and continue to engage the invincible little green man. Also I added +6 to the roll instead of +4 because I think the little green man is considered flanked, let me know if I'm correct.
    Last edited by Tyreus; 2009-03-10 at 12:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

BlackDragon

DM

End of Round 2.

Initiative

Spoiler
    Show

Tesoylmai
    Small Green Men
    Tagri
    Brock
    Boss Green Man
    Windlow
    Red Adder

Tesoylmai swings with her club and it connects with the head of the little green man, unfortunatley it doesn't drop him. {rolled a 2 for your damage, my bad. And this is 3.5 - no shifting like in 4th} Cana on the other hand lopes forward and takes a bite out of the same creature, or at least attempts to and misses.

The creatures unleash a barrage of attacks and several hit home.

3 civillians collapse bleeding.
    Red Adder takes 6 damage as the creatures handaxe scores a ragged attack down his side.
    Cana gets hit for 1 damage.
    One rushes at Windlow but misses him.

Tagri takes a shot at one of the creatures, and drops him in one as the arrow pierces through his eye and into its brain. It might be a goblin, local myths legends and history is very unclear and vague about anything at this point in time.

Brock takes a mighty swing at the creature, but fails to connect, his blow going wide. Looked like a powerful one as well.

Windlow takes a shot at the creature that just rushed him, if the creature hadn't have charged he probably would've missed, but as it was, the arrow strikes true and the creature falls to the ground.

Red Adder swings at the same one Brock is fighting bus misses as well.

Updated Battlemap :

http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=battlemapw.png

18. - Top - End - #18

The little girl screams. Screaming is fun, and now some of the other people are paying attention to me. I should do it more often. I have to wave my hands wildly to cover up the fact that I'm drawing another arrow, then the girl points at another green man and screams again, sounding terrified, and once again an arrow appears from nowhere.

((1d20+6)[26], shooting at the maybe-goblin in M22.)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Windlow

I'm amazed at how easily the green man went down. Maybe I should become an assassin? I loose another arrow at the remaining attacker(R3), feeling confident after my first success.

To Hit: (1d20+6)[26]

20. - Top - End - #20

Glaring angrily at this awful fellow who would hurt animals! I back up, growling and twisting, letting fly with my club again, anxious to let it smack home and stop him from touching Cana again.

Spoiler
    Show

Five-foot step from N16 to M16, no attacks of opportunity.
    Cudgel: (1d20+2)[4]
    Bite: (1d20+3)[4]

The price of a natural 20 on initiative I guess -- two natural ones, two natural twos. It doesn't help that everyone else is rolling natural 20s on their attacks either :P
    Last edited by Rainshine; 2009-03-14 at 04:02 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Brock

Brock gathers himself after the wide miss and tries to catch the goblin with a quick back swing. [roll]1d20+6[/roll] [roll]2d6+6[/roll]
    Last edited by Tyreus; 2009-03-15 at 01:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Brock

To hit: (1d20+6)[9]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[15]

EDIT: Not sure why it didn't work the first time, but once again Brock can't hit the broad side of a barn...
    Last edited by Tyreus; 2009-03-15 at 01:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

BlackDragon

DM

{{So sorry about the really long delay, i've had some big assignments due in. I'll message everyone as well}}

Battlemap upcoming soon as I have time to go through everyones actions for it okay. :)