New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 93449505152535455565758596061626364656667686984 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2541
  1. - Top - End - #1741
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

None of my characters are D&D based.
    I also talked with Keris a while back and we desided that Fayte made her a minor deity.
    Fayte being not of Magic born, none of the entities in his Pantheon are.
    So because Dekopin would have been gifted with power from Fayte's Pantheon
    (Where Magic doesn't exist, as with my backstory the closest I get is talking about a strange thing Called Mhyst.... very intesting actually... Ill save it for ppl who give a damn though ^^)
    So Dekopin and the other Gods of Fayte's Pantheon can survive on your plane.
    One of the ones they cant survive on is one of their planes of existence called the:
    "Darchlands" which only the most evil and dark hearted things can survive in.
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

2. - Top - End - #1742
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Guys! Guys!

Calm down! this is a collaborative stick figure comic. Emphasis on collaborative - you can't hand around one of those "add-a-sentence" stories and expect everyone to continue your idea, sometimes you just have to work with what you are given.

And that goes for everyone. Seriously, some level of planning is okay, so long as enough people are in on it to make it happen, but don't get pissy because someone doesn't agree with you.

Let's all take a deep breath, and remember: no matter how far we've come, how ABR all began.

3. - Top - End - #1743
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    Being captured in one cell with Falgorn is the best way how to finally start that nemesis thingy in the plot
    And a contrived romance between X2 and... whatever her name is...

Just kidding....

When can we expect your capture?

4. - Top - End - #1744
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    None of my characters are D&D based.
    I also talked with Keris a while back and we desided that Fayte made her a minor deity.
    Fayte being not of Magic born, none of the entities in his Pantheon are.
    So because Dekopin would have been gifted with power from Fayte's Pantheon
    (Where Magic doesn't exist, as with my backstory the closest I get is talking about a strange thing Called Mhyst.... very intesting actually... Ill save it for ppl who give a damn though ^^)
    So Dekopin and the other Gods of Fayte's Pantheon can survive on your plane.
    One of the ones they cant survive on is one of their planes of existence called the:
    "Darchlands" which only the most evil and dark hearted things can survive in.
    A non-magical god ? That's a bit of an oxymoron.

And remember, the Plane of Incarnum is not a normal plane. There is nothing except pure Incarnum on it, and there is absolutely nothing interesting in it (for people, the plane as a definite purpose in the universe). So there is no need for anyone to be able to survive in it.

5. - Top - End - #1745
    Bugbear in the Playground

yeah, no need mask, but someone might WANT to.

6. - Top - End - #1746
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    yeah, no need mask, but someone might WANT to.
    Why ? As I said, there is nothing interesting to do there. It's not like the plane of fire, where you might find sapients. And it's completely irrelevant to anybody, there is no story potential from being able to go there, and it's not humorous.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-04-17 at 06:08 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1747

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    And a contrived romance between X2 and... whatever her name is...

Just kidding....

When can we expect your capture?

About tommorow I guess......now I need some sleep..
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1748
    Troll in the Playground

Working on templates, TJH later. Would it be a good idea is I made Moss making shelter out of sheets of rock?
    ____

9. - Top - End - #1749
    Orc in the Playground

Another argument? I won't get involved...

Anyway, BRC, are my devils (the Bluewings, Slaudor, Erm... "Socks", and Slaudor's other minions) allied with Machinists? Cause Slaudor is probably wanting the prisoners for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #1750
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Why ? As I said, there is nothing interesting to do there.
    Never stops tourists, that's all I'll say.

11. - Top - End - #1751
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Another argument? I won't get involved...

Anyway, BRC, are my devils (the Bluewings, Slaudor, Erm... "Socks", and Slaudor's other minions) allied with Machinists? Cause Slaudor is probably wanting the prisoners for himself.
    You hate each other. Basically your guys are Chaos and Physical strength and the Machinists are Lawful and Thinkers.

Did you read the plot memo? Slaudor and his troops constantly attack the group that isn't captured.
    Last edited by X2; 2009-04-17 at 06:10 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1752

Why ? As I said, there is nothing interesting to do there. It's not like the plane of fire, where you might find sapients. And it's completely irrelevant to anybody, there is no story potential from being able to go there, and it's not humorous.
    thats like saying: Why work on a collaberative stick figure comic? And can you honestly say you know exactly what keris/fayte want to do?

Some people see somethings that others cant.

13. - Top - End - #1753
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Never stops tourists, that's all I'll say.
    Hey... you going to do a comic of the interior of Home Base...? we need to see it.

14. - Top - End - #1754
    Ogre in the Playground

thats like saying: Why work on a collaberative stick figure comic?
    Because it's fun. But visiting the Plane of Incarnum is not fun, funny, interesting and doesn't serve any story purpose.

15. - Top - End - #1755

Because it's fun. But visiting the Plane of Incarnum is not fun, funny, interesting and doesn't serve any story purpose.
    Everyone's opinion is different. Someone might be into ancient history while the guy next to him is bored to death by what he is talking about.

16. - Top - End - #1756
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Working on templates, TJH later. Would it be a good idea is I made Moss making shelter out of sheets of rock?
    You should sound the retreat first... you're leader of that half of the group and as we all know, people who aren't leaders are idiots.

17. - Top - End - #1757
    Ogre in the Playground

Humanity: Applying logic to a world where people shoot fireballs out of their fingertips and frequently bend the laws of time and space to their will. Despite the fact that human themselves are illogical and irrational, they still expect everything else to be the opposite.

Joking aside, I think the issue here is that those people part of the "Main Character Club" don't want anyone to ruin their big awesome finale. Jeez, I was almost utterly ignored whenever I took part in FFF, so I just gave up on it. I'm not going to spend time I don't really have making comics for a bunch of people who'll just completely pass them by - and I think that's why so many others came in and left in the past.

I for one am glad that a new plot has sprung up. Perhaps this one will have free membership. But I still wish that there was a decent plot for the people who never really got screentime to make a world outside of Avbaroy for us to develop. At the moment it still feels like we're playing in a fenced off part of the sandbox.

X2: Oops! Sorry, totally forgot. Anything I need to know about the base?
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2009-04-17 at 06:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1758
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    You hate each other. Basically your guys are Chaos and Physical strength and the Machinists are Lawful and Thinkers.

Did you read the plot memo? Slaudor and his troops constantly attack the group that isn't captured.
    Hmm, I guess this means Slaudor is a demon and not a devil. But he is quite clever, the Bluewings aren't. I will also make some more baddies for Slaudor to command. There is monster one in particular that I made a long time ago without using.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #1759
    Troll in the Playground

Suck it up MM.
    ____

20. - Top - End - #1760
    Banned

Humanity: Applying logic to a world where people shoot fireballs out of their fingertips and frequently bend the laws of time and space to their will. Despite the fact that human themselves are illogical and irrational, they still expect everything else to be the opposite.

Joking aside, I think the issue here is that those people part of the "Main Character Club" don't want anyone to ruin their big awesome finale. Jeez, I was almost utterly ignored whenever I took part in FFF, so I just gave up on it. I'm not going to spend time I don't really have making comics for a bunch of people who'll just completely pass them by - and I think that's why so many others came in and left in the past.

I for one am glad that a new plot has sprung up. Perhaps this one will have free membership. But I still wish that there was a decent plot for the people who never really got screentime to make a world outside of Avbaroy for us to develop. At the moment it still feels like we're playing in a fenced off part of the sandbox.

It has a lot of grey in the colour scheme and theres always people in the background. It's very hard to maintain and the same time everything works perfectly is when the universe implodes. Complain about lack of funds... because we blew it on research.

21. - Top - End - #1761

Hey, mind if i join this new plot? I'll work on temps and a character right now.

22. - Top - End - #1762
    Barbarian in the Playground

To expand on this a bit, I think many of us just want the final fight to end already. It's moving at a glacial pace, and many of us who are newer want FI to start so that we might actually be able to have an effect on the plot.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

23. - Top - End - #1763
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone's opinion is different. Someone might be into ancient history while the guy next to him is bored to death by what he is talking about.
    *sigh*

That's not the same thing. We are talking about a region of space that has nothing noteworthy of exploration to it, and dissolves anything not composed of the same thing as it is. That's like wanting to go to an empty area of outer space that is the only one to have temperature of absolute zero that you cannot pass by by accident (something impossible, yes, but we do are talking about an impossible world were gods, magic, souls, human aliens and cartoon physics exist). Why would you want to go there ? It's impossible to survive in there and even if you knew (a greater impossibility) it won't help you anywhere else, and it's got nothing to explore.

Besides, this is pointless and we should just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    To expand on this a bit, I think many of us just want the final fight to end already. It's moving at a glacial pace, and many of us who are newer want FI to start so that we might actually be able to have an effect on the plot.
    I wholeheartedly agree with that.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-04-17 at 06:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1764

fine... you want an easy answer here it is:

Because they can

25. - Top - End - #1765
    Troll in the Playground

Any helpful tips?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by CrimsonAngel; 2009-04-17 at 06:35 PM.
    ____

26. - Top - End - #1766
    Ogre in the Playground

The only reason to go to a place you "can't survive," is so that you can come back and say, "Hey, suck it! I survived!"
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

27. - Top - End - #1767
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Any helpful tips?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Brian's brain is in a spherical jar.

28. - Top - End - #1768
    Ogre in the Playground

You should make your characters' hair less spiky. They look like punks.

29. - Top - End - #1769
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yes. Please do this.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

30. - Top - End - #1770
    Banned

Hey Mad Mask... two questions

1. Is there any way that we could make the portal program in TJH affecting of Future Imperfect being so imperfect? Like maybe we let in one too many refugees and it screwed the economy up?

2. Would you please play the Lawful Evil villain I wrote up in TJH?

EDIT: I like the hair
    Last edited by X2; 2009-04-17 at 06:42 PM.