New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DnD 3.5 Campaign

Brigot thinks for awhile before responding. Sorry, I'm not that well know in town yet, however you could check with the crew of the ship I was on if they're still in port. Also I'm willing to do a few jobs in order to prove myself, for free even. Out of curiosity does this town have a force of troops designed to deal with unusual and dangerous creatures?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

After locating a suitable alleyway in the neighborhood of abandoned or seemingly-so buildings, Kardgorr will slip off into the the shadows of the alley and begin surveying the building-side for a relatively easy way to scale his way up to the rooftops. Also of interest -- how close are the buildings? Are we talking five-foot jumps between, or twenty? In the interest of insanity.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

"It's not a matter of money, it's a matter of trust. As for more dangerous creatures, that's not our job. That's the job of the Royal Rangers. Their local main stronghold is in Leonin Town, not that they use it much. They don't need much help usually, they train from birth, very skilled."

(I'm disregarding your comment about unusual creatures, remember, just cause they're magic creatures doesn't make them unusual in this world.)

One particular house has some ivy on it, that appears to be the easiest way to climb up. Gaps are generally around five feet, but occasionally up to ten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64

Wonderful. Kardgorr carefully braces himself on the wall and ascends with the aid of the ivy. Once at the top, he'll survey the city from above, smiling, then, with padded footfalls, begin to make his way from building to building by jumping the small gaps with ease. He'll stop and hunker down if someone should almost spot him, and every little ways anyways to survey around him. Mostly stretching his legs and seeing the city, a little looking for something suspicious, people in dark robes performing rituals of evil, that sort of thing.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

First you need to make a climb check.
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Brigot
    I think you misunderstood me, I meant that in order to prove myself trustworthy I would help compleate some work for the guards. Brigot replied, when he hears about the Royal Rangers his eyes brighten and he says Really? Most places don't have a force like that, I wonder if I could meet them.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

"I most certainly did not misunderstand you. It's a simple safety precaution, would you trust someone who just got into your town with the safety of people they don't know? Look, just drop it, I can't give you any jobs under the current circumstances. I'm more than willing to give you information however. Take the Royal Rangers for example, they operate across the entire kingdom as a matter of fact, yet very few people know of them. As for finding them, your guess is as good as mine, they almost never stop moving."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68

Spoiler
    Show

Alright.
    (1d20+4)[14]
    I am trying to use the area around me -- i.e., other buildings, hence the part about the alley. With a take 10, that would have me beating 19. Anyways, there you go!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (d%)[12]
    (d%)[3]
    (d%)[40]
    (d%)[22]
    (d%)[93]

(d%)[55]

Ok, you successfully climb the side of the building and reach the roof, a slanted one.
    Last edited by Jallorn; 2009-03-21 at 03:40 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Brigot
    Fair enough. Brigot shrugs and walks out. Brigot thens begins to travel to each tavren and inn looking for information and various rumors. Brigot also keeps his eyes out for anything unusual or signs of unrest or conflict.

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I take 20 on a gather information test?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

no, only 10
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Brigot spends the evening wandering from tavern to tavern, slowed down by the odd drunk who wants to talk. He discovers less than his other comrades, but learns of the priest and his entourage. Roll 1d4 to see how much gold you used to buy drinks (couldn't sit in most taverns without ordering something). Also, make a Spot check.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Brigot
    Frustrated Brigot decided to return to the inn and try some more tommorow.

Spoiler
    Show
    spot check (d20+10)[13]
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

As Brigot makes his way to the inn, he notices a young boy attempting to steal his coin purse.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Brigot
    Brigot grabs the kid's wrist. That wasn't very smart of you. He growls at the kid.

Spoiler
    Show
    First an intemidate check (d20+1)[8] Then an unarmed touch attack to grab him (d20+10)[24] Also this kid really chose the worst PC to pickpocket. Lets go after the money obsessed half-orc whos had a bad day.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

The kid looks alittle startled, but for the most part seems pretty confident, "You can't do anything to me, I'm just a kid." he trys to pull his hand from Brigot's grasp, "I'll yell if you don't let me go."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77

Once at the top, he'll survey the city from above, smiling, then, with padded footfalls, begin to make his way from building to building by jumping the small gaps with ease. He'll stop and hunker down if someone should almost spot him, and every little ways anyways to survey around him. Mostly stretching his legs and seeing the city, a little looking for something suspicious, people in dark robes performing rituals of evil, that sort of thing.
    He'll stay up stretching/exercising there until he either spots something interesting, or night falls and the interesting things to hear move inside.

Spoiler
    Show

Taking 10 on jumps, with a +9, then +4 for his speed, makes 23. DC for normal horizontal jumps is the distance to be jumped, I'm assuming he has no problem easily clearing the five and ten foot gaps.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

You spend the afternoon galavanting around the city, in the future you will get a +2 modifier on checks to find things in the city or find your way around the city.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Brigot calms down slighty and also lets his grip slaken slightly. So I take it you arn't part of any sort of orginsation then. just some poor starving child who needs some cash for food. Am I right. Brigot keeps his voice compleatly bland as he speaks.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

The kid narrows his eyes, "What's in it for you?" he asks.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Brigot

It would be best if you met the whole group. If your intrested in making some money off us then you can meet us tonight. Brigot then gives the kid the name of the inn and leaves quickly.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kyrill - Ex-Barbarian

As Kyrill re-enters the inn with Gillian and Roth'ight, he greets the innkeeper by name and asks for a hot meal. Suggesting that the others procure a table, he heads up the stairs, noticing yet again the way that they creak under his massive bulk and shaking his head ruefully, wondering softly aloud if they'll survive his stay at the inn.

Upon reaching his room, he checks the outside for any signs of entry (an old habit from living with orcs), and then opens the door. He happily greets an affectionate Irina, and then returns downstairs with her at his heels after re-locking his room.

As he takes his seat with the others, he notices Kardgorr come (strangely enough) down the stairs, but quickly dismisses it, assuming that he somehow slipped in the front door while he wasn't looking. He invites the party to discuss what they have learned this day, and ponder what to do the next, all the while hopeful that Brigot will return with good news.

A steaming plate of fresh fish and fruits arrive, and Kyrill eagerly digs in, talking with the others between mouthfuls. As well, he sets the standard bowl of ale down on the floor for Irina, along with a cut of steak.

Finally, Kyrill notices Brigot come through the door and waves him over.

"Have seat, friend! We have a few things to tell you, but first, how did it go with Guard? Did you have luck today?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry if I narrated anything to anyone's displeasure. Let me know and I'll edit anything that needs changing.
    Last edited by Barbarian MD; 2009-03-25 at 07:18 PM.