New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: What is YOUR Zanpaktou?

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Bullets would be bullets. There would be an unlimited amount. This would go unexplained.
    No, it wouldn't. In Bleach, there are guys (ie most of them) who could take a bullet without flinching. Unless the gun fires bullets that are solidified reiatsu, it wouldn't do much. And anyway, there's you're explanation for the unlimited amount of bullets.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #302
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    No, it wouldn't. In Bleach, there are guys (ie most of them) who could take a bullet without flinching. Unless the gun fires bullets that are solidified reiatsu, it wouldn't do much. And anyway, there's you're explanation for the unlimited amount of bullets.
    Wait, how is it that they can take bullets without flinching but get cut by swords?

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Wait, how is it that they can take bullets without flinching but get cut by swords?
    Magic. Literally. The swords are made from their soul. I think one way to think of it as defensive AT fields from NGE, and the swords are offensive AT fields. This also explains why if you aren't sure of oneself/weak it's almost impossible to hurt some one who is sure/strong.

4. - Top - End - #304

Quote Originally Posted by MeklorIlavator View Post
    Magic. Literally. The swords are made from their soul. I think one way to think of it as defensive AT fields from NGE, and the swords are offensive AT fields. This also explains why if you aren't sure of oneself/weak it's almost impossible to hurt some one who is sure/strong.
    Ah, fair enough. I'm afraid that I never did watch much past the first 20-ish episodes, as I felt there was a severe drop in quality after that. Well, I watched most of the soul society arc, but with increasing apathy.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

The connection between determination and spiritual power is the main reason that Ichigo's power fluctuates so wildly. Only when he finally decides that everything is riding on him and that he cannot afford to lose does he bring out his real power.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    The connection between determination and spiritual power is the main reason that Ichigo's power fluctuates so wildly. Only when he finally decides that everything is riding on him and that he cannot afford to lose does he bring out his real power.
    AKA: he is whatever level they want him to be
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    Exactly. whitespace

8. - Top - End - #308

Actually that explains a lot that was bugging the heck out of me. Maybe not satisfactorily, but still.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Barbarian in the Playground

That actually makes some sense, on the techinical side of things anyway.

If you guys like making zanpakuto and characters, maybe you guys should come over here and make it into a d20 character . If it doesn't have the abilities your looking for, make your own up. Seriously don't be held back by those restrictions, but within reason.
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2009-04-13 at 03:32 PM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

That's actually what I based Shinken's abilities around, making it a Light/Projectile based and adding Fire for the Bankai.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Pixie in the Playground

Okeyday then. Heres mine:

Name: Raikoumaru (pretty sure it means something like "lightning circle")
    Sealed form: A normal katana.
    Shikai:
    1. Command: Strike! (Nagure)
    2. Affect: Entire weapon turns into something that looks like First-release Ulquiorra's spike weapon, except electricity runs up and down the shaft of it. I can fire lightning bolts from it.
    Bankai: Shikkyaku Raikoumaru (Falling circle of lightning, right Mr. Translator?)
    1. I drop the scabbard onto the ground, and hold Raikoumaru in both hands, and stab the scabbard. The scabbard becomes a cloud, which slowly rises into the air. I stand on the cloud. The sword becomes forked bits of lightning stemming from my hands to the cloud. Shun-po affects entire cloud. Speed and strength increases.
    Technique 1. Raikou Taihou (lightning cannon): As the name implies, a blast of lightning from my hands. A bit like Raikoho.
    Technique 2. Rai Kakera (lightning fragment): Katana summoned into my hand, looks like sealed version but made of lightning. Speed and strength increase, and I can jump off the cloud at, well, lightning speed, to attack. Then the lightning attaching my hands to the cloud pulls me back. Kinda like Byakuya's senkei.
    Technique 3. Arashi (storm): Build-up time: 1 minute of solid concentration. Blast of electrical energy shoots out in a sphere, one mile radius, me being the center. Highly destructive, and leaves me completely drained. Obvously.

Spirit: A wise and intelligent squirrel monkey.
    Last edited by ThunderMonkey; 2009-05-18 at 06:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ghost View Post
    Maximized Empowered Summon Monster III. Swarm of celestial monkeys!
    Captian of 9th Company in the Playground
    My Zanpakuto, Raikoumaru
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyrzaoxgpwc
    I like monkeys. Yeah, thats all. You think that's lame? Well, I think you're lame. Just don't look now, as I am currently sending 80 billion squirrel monkeys over to your house to tie you up, beat the stuffing out of you, and eat your dinner. Don't say I didn't warn you.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

Strike: Nagure

I don't check translations, by habit; but Stoomu is a silly word for storm that is, in fact, just sayign the english word "storm" in the Japanese phoenics, and a better word is "Arashi"

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

I've also been thinking about a possible Resurrección. However, I want it to be significantly different from my Shinigami Zanpaktou, and while I would be a pretty calm fighter, I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas?

One is to rip of Sephiroth, but if I really tried that I get the feeling that all the FF7 fans in the world would simultaneously attack me.

EDIT: This will probably end up being used in FFRP.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-04-15 at 05:45 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

I've also been thinking about a possible Resurrección. However, I want it to be significantly different from my Shinigami Zanpaktou, and while I would be a pretty calm fighter, I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas?

One is to rip of Sephiroth, but if I really tried that I get the feeling that all the FF7 fans in the world would simultaneously attack me.

EDIT: This will probably end up being used in FFRP.
    well, resurrection tend to alter the wielder. the obvious is body armor, which 1/2 of us did for bankai :P

killer mono-filament wires maybe? cliche, but it works for walter.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. Now that I think about it, the Sepiroth ripoff (Explanation) actually is somthing that I could do. Especially as it's both a call out to the Trope Namer and an example of the trope itself.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Name: Memento Mori (Latin for "Remember that you must die")
    Sealed form: A small sickle
    Shikai: A scythe
    1. Command: The Necessary End, "Release the necessary end!"
    2. Affect: Blade blackens and greatly enhances its cutting power - and is able to send out a wave of black, curved energy from a swing of its sword.
    Bankai: Transforms into a huge oversized scythe, and wraps the bearer in a black Death-like cloak. The user becomes like a shadow, able to move quickly and fly with ease; the blade's cutting power is increased further, and any wounds continue to fester and grow.

Spirit: A spector of Death

Don't have it too fleshed out.
    RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

obrysii: you realize that's almost exactly what ichigo's does?
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

well, resurrection tend to alter the wielder. the obvious is body armor, which 1/2 of us did for bankai :P

killer mono-filament wires maybe? cliche, but it works for walter.
    Hm...
    Going from that, mine might give me wings, and oversized claws on my hands. I'm thinking hands being same size as the "Volcanica" release that one dude had, or nearly so.
    Of course, both wings and claws have been done before.
    Curse you, Emocar!
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

19. - Top - End - #319
    Firbolg in the Playground

Umm...WTF is a Resurrección?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Umm...WTF is a Resurrección?
    Arrancar don't have Shikai and Bankai. They have Resurreccion, which restores to them the abilities of their natural Hollow form.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Exactly. I've been thinking about it, and here's what I think would work.

Resurrección: "Wake up, Gran Bestia!" (Great Beast). Bears similarities to Grimmjow's Pantera, but would remind onlookers more of a cross between a Gorilla and an Orang-utan than a panther. Strength is drastically increased, along with agility, and I can make shockwaves by punching the ground. Cero and Bara are both fired from the tip of my tail, or the tip of the blade when sealed. I don't unleash Resureccion unless pressed, either with the ability of my opponent or for time.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #322

Cero and Bara are both fired from the tip of my tail, or the tip of the blade when sealed.
    Spoiler
    Show

So... they're part skunk?
    Last edited by Boo; 2009-04-19 at 02:49 AM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, resembles some twisted idea of what a Gorilla and some other ape with a tail, crossed, would look like. Really, it's just a "beast" type image.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

My zanpakutou (sorry for butchering the japanese):

Shikai: "Repent, Onitsurugi." (repent, demon sword). The blade lengthens, becoming a longsword. The right half is black, and spined, while the left is white and decorated with a crescent moon. Striking a weapon with the left side repels the opposing blade with great force, but touching a creature causes onitsurugi to shatter, coating everyone for 5 yards in silver dust. Striking a creature with the right side immobilizes the wound (the flesh that has been cut remains in it's place, but the rest of the creature remains mobile and can even tear away), but the blade cannot stop any attack and will crumble if so hit.

Final Shikai: All creatures covered in silver dust are overcome by great regret and unwillingness to fight. This invariably effects me myself.

Bankai: "Amatsuhogosha Onitsurugi." Onitsurugi expands, with the light side shattering and filling the area with silver dust. The dust shines brightly, and disorients weaker foes in the area. The remainder of the sword fills out, it is reflected throughout the dust, and any place where its shadow falls is cut.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

25. - Top - End - #325

Only small Apes have tails, but even with them, only a few do. I'd suggest to stick with the old "Mouth Blaster" formula. Besides, Greater Apes with a tail looks lame. Especially if it's made out of bone... stuff.

26. - Top - End - #326

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Only small Apes have tails, but even with them, only a few do. I'd suggest to stick with the old "Mouth Blaster" formula. Besides, Greater Apes with a tail looks lame. Especially if it's made out of bone... stuff.
    Some apes seem particularly well built for mouth blasters. That's actually really cool.

Also, this is really cute. You're just tryin' to use your own little blaster, arencha little guy? Yes you are!
    Last edited by averagejoe; 2009-04-19 at 05:01 AM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

For all those who think it would look stupid, I'm saying rule of cool. It doesn't have to be exactly like a type of ape.

Fist blaster. Bara seem to work better when not mouth blasted.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-04-19 at 04:44 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #328

I object to your usage of the Rule of Cool. It has no standing in a disagreement amoung ideologies. Now, if you were to impose it on the basis of anatomical disagreements, then there would be no problem since that's what the Rule of Cool is for.

For instance: A man kills another man by playing their guitar angrily.

That makes little to no sense, but it's using the Rule of Cool. It may also be using the Rule of Funny... I'd laugh.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not a massive fan of Bleach, but I watched the show through the anime-only Bount arc, and I've kept up with what happens to the protagonists since then. In any case, I've come up with one that I'd like to share.

Shinigami: Siegfried Bieber is a quiet man who enjoys chess, is learning the rules to shogi, and can often be seen reading outdoors when not on a mission. He is somewhat skilled at Shunpo. His principal fault is a lack of ambition.

In combat, he uses his unreleased blade only against sub-Menos Hollows, and opponents that strictly use bladed weaponry. He's a bit over-reliant on his Shikai, which may have to do with his present inability to reach Bankai. If truly worried, he'll use Shunpo almost constantly, to try to get an unexpected whip stroke. His demeanor in combat is usually very serious, and either frightened, determined, or annoyed, depending on how the fight is going.

Appearance: Wears a normal kimono, save for a buckled belt with his name and rank embroidered on it. His footwear is also a bit odd, using Roman-style sandals instead of the traditional geta whenever possible. His eyes are typically half-closed, as though he were tired, and his black hair typically is a mess of the "bed-head" variety.

Zanpaktou Name: Ingakumo (Fate Spider)

Normal state: a sword breaker

Shikai: Oridase, Ingakumo! (Weave, Fate Spider!)
    The sword breaker rapidly covers itself and Bieber's right forearm with what appears to be spider silk. Almost invisibly, a single strand of the stuff extends from the tip of the blade, long enough to serve as a whip.

This spider silk is extremely concentrated spirit energy, drawn from the wielder. As such, it is considerably stronger than most substances, allowing parrying with the spiderweb gauntlet. More importantly, the single strand extending from the tip serves much like a monomolecular blade, able to slice through pretty much anything.

First Shikai special ability (unnamed, as it is not strictly an attack): Siegfried can spend more of his spiritual energy to extend the blade. He can extend the range to roughly twice the length of a bullwhip, but is not skilled enough to do it in the middle of a slice. It can be used to extend the gauntlet as well, but it takes a while when not concentrating too heavily on it.

Kumo no Soshaku (Spider's Bite): Siegfried can consume all of the spiritsilk on his arm and blade (severing his connection to the whip in the process) to deliver a single, extremely enhanced punch. Striking force is roughly equivalent to direct contact with an exploding grenade.

Bankai (not yet achieved): Yokuyokuna Ingakumo (Careful Fate Spider)
    When Siegfried achieves this, it likely will involve full spiritsilk armor, regeneration of said armor, and possibly poison akin to Mayuri's shikai. He's working on finding out.

Spirit Appearance: Ingakumo appears as a large spider, which communicates telepathically. It is somewhat reserved, like its master, but can be sociable enough. If Siegfried goes too long without training to understand it, Ingakumo will start to nag him.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2009-05-19 at 08:02 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Collin will come along and do the japanese translations for you, Sucrose. He's a nice guy like that.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.