New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Escape From Meenlock Prison (IC)

The small city of Lagarr was a bit more bustling today than it usually was, thanks to the local celebration of the changing of the seasons from Winter to Spring. Although small, Lagarr had always been large enough to provide some of the luxuries one usually found in larger cities like Greyhawk, and it was quite known for this fact in the region. The markets were always filled with the cries of vendors peddling their wares, the traffic of buyers looking for a good deal on their purchases. Indeed, on this day of days the marketplace had been a bit too rowdy, and as such the city guardsman had been ordered by Tarrow for a bit of double duty to keep any would-be troublemakers from taking advantage of the situation. While there were a few scuffles here and there, there was nothing overly major, though as Tarrow would say, it did not hurt to be safe.

It was still a bit routine, though, since this sort of thing happened every year at the beginning of Spring. What was not usual, however, was Tarrow summoning you to his home later that night, wishing to speak with you all over a matter he deemed quite serious, though the details weren’t given.
    So it was that, as night had only recently fallen, a rather eclectic group of individuals converged on the modest home of Tarrow Schick, city jailor...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    You know you're doing something wrong when your work causes people to try to figure out the plural of Deus Ex Machina.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Escape From Meenlock Prison (IC)

Kuro

Kuro stands outside Tarrow's house. His sword is drawn, held extended at shoulder level. He doesn't move.
    Business Trip 6/7 - 6/18. I'll try to keep up.
    Gwydr

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Akhmed

Glad the blasted winter was finally ending, Akhmed still pulled his robes tightly around him. The dark skinned, tall, skinny young man found all but the hottest of weather to be uncomfortably cold.

And he oft complained about it.

Despite the interminably cold air as night descended, the evoker found himself, with the others, awaiting an audience with one Tarrow Schick. It held promise to be a lucrative affair. Or, at least, to involve lucre.

His time here had been rather profitable, actually. He had met up, and befriended a young - and most importantly capable - minstrel, and together they had booked several shows in taverns and inns around town. They had made a bit of spending money...but Akhmed's own wanderlust was beginning to kick in. And this little business opportunity promised at least some modicum of excitement.

Or at least it got him out of the usual circuit of booking shows at one seedy establishment after another. And given the others who were here - such as the oddly at-arms half-orc bearing religious garb like a jester's foolery - seemed interesting.

Akhmed gives the half-orc a look-over, eyeing his sword and bearing. "Ah, friend, my own arms do hurt in watching you point your weapon forth as such. Perhaps you might, in this time, consider it safe enough to put it away, hrm?"

4. - Top - End - #4

Kuro

Closer inspection shows the sweat beading on the half orc's brow. "Hullo," he says through clenched teeth, "Nine hundred fifty eight. Nine hundred fifty nine."

He shakes his head at Akhmed's suggestion.
    Gwydr

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

The pockmarked face of the young bard standing beside Akhmed breaks into a wide grin. "Exercise?" he says in a surprisingly deep voice. "At this time of night? You'll wear yourself out, good sir!" He leans up against the house next to the door, waiting for Tarrow's summons to enter.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodk

The half-orc guard squints in the torchlight and can't seem to stand still. He paces around and keeps shining his city pin with the hem of his blue cloak. He is well-groomed but has a sharp tang of nervous sweat about him.

"This is very unexpected. I hope this is not about the, uh, mishap with your performance, Mr. Vin. Did anyone knock? The jailer is a busy man. We should not keep him waiting."

Rodk eyes the other half-orc warily. He opens his mouth as if he's about to say something but then remains silent.
    Characters: Rodk

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvi glares at Rodk, still sore at him about the misunderstanding and subsequent altercation the previous week. "Of course we did. We are not as simple as you seem to think." She bites her lip, and when she speaks again it is in voice much less agitated, and slightly more concerned "but it's not like him to keep guests waiting, and he did say this was important." If much longer is allowed to pass, the elf slips her set of (very illegal) tools from a pouch on her belt and drops to one knee infront of the door, taking her time in opening it.

(ooc: taking a 20 on this check, so it will take two minutes and give her a total of 30 on her Open Lock.)
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)

Avatar by Serpentine. Ezeze-doll by Recaiden.

8. - Top - End - #8

Kuro

"Nine hundred ninety nine. One thousand."

He transfers the sword to his other hand and awkwardly sheaths it. "Penance, not exercise, and, no. I didn't knock."

He massages his tortured shoulder.
    Last edited by Maurkov; 2009-03-30 at 12:02 PM.
    Gwydr

9. - Top - End - #9

Vin laughs and shakes his head. "Oh, now, I'm sure it isn't about that good Rodk. It's not your fault. Prisoners are uncouth fellows and simply do not know how to behave civilly." He shrugs at the other half-orc. "Well if no one has knocked, that might be a good start." He raps on the door three times.
    If it ain't broke . . . Hit it again.

Spoiler
    Show

DM: "...You're seriously going to charge the tarrasque?!"
    ME: "Yeah, well. I figure you gotta go sometime."
    DM: (sigh) "Fine. You hear dogs barking nearby."
    ME: "Seriously?"
    DM: "Yeah."
    ME: "I run away."

RIP: MethosHazara's Stone Golem Avvie. You will be missed.
    Iron Golem Avvie by Meirnon

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodk

Rodk scowls in Sylvi's direction but doesn't make eye contact. "Not sure why criminals were invited," he grumbles.

[Rodk will react if Sylvi starts picking the lock.]
    Characters: Rodk

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvi

The elf grins wildly at Rodk, delighted to know her very presence makes him uncomfortable "because unlike, say, guardsmen, we actually need to be good at our job to get by."
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)

Avatar by Serpentine. Ezeze-doll by Recaiden.

12. - Top - End - #12

Kuro

Kuro thinks for a moment. "If you're a known criminal, how good can you be?"
    Gwydr

13. - Top - End - #13

Coughing to cover his snicker, Vin avoids getting into the conversation and knocks again, this time a little louder.
    If it ain't broke . . . Hit it again.

Spoiler
    Show

DM: "...You're seriously going to charge the tarrasque?!"
    ME: "Yeah, well. I figure you gotta go sometime."
    DM: (sigh) "Fine. You hear dogs barking nearby."
    ME: "Seriously?"
    DM: "Yeah."
    ME: "I run away."

RIP: MethosHazara's Stone Golem Avvie. You will be missed.
    Iron Golem Avvie by Meirnon