New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Maids of the Old Republic [Star Wars MAID] IC

You have all been summoned to the bridge of your ship, the Twilit Raven. It was named the Twilight Raven until an incident a few years ago involving some vampires or something. Your master doesn't like to talk about it. Anyway, as you enter you see that your master is seated in a high-backed chair you have never seen on the bridge before with his back to you. He methodically strokes a white furry animal on the arm of his chair as he waits for you all to arrive. When you are all present he shoves the cat (for yes, they canonically do exist) aside and taps a control on the chair-arm. You all feel the ship lurch beneath your feet as it abruptly leaves hyperspace.

Cest's chair swivels slowly around to reveal his black-robed evil.

"I have grown weary of keeping up this facade of decency,"
    he announces in an evilly British accent, "It is time for me to embrace my legacy."

He rises to his feet and gestures grandly.

"I, Cest Kae, am the son of Darth Traya, Dark Lord of the Sith. I go now to claim my inheritance... the Trayus Academy on the dead planet of Malachor V. I will do this with or without your help, but I greatly desire your assistance."

He steps down from his throne, into your midst.

"I have grown quite fond of some of you,"
    he says, touching Sally on the head, "and some of you possess power which I respect," he continues, indicating Rachel this time.

"Should you make trouble... I would miss your company."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Maids of the Old Republic [Star Wars MAID] IC

Sally stands there with her mouth agasp, "Waaaa? That can't be right. Because it sounded like you were evil! And evil isn't good. Evil is bad!"

Shocked, as her whole little world seemed crushed, she quickly manages to put things back to sense again.

"You must be a good Sith! Which you know, makes sense in the grand scheme of things. An entire culture and philosophy of petty selfishness doesn't make sense. Such a society would be so engulfed in war and infighting that it would destroy itself.

Yup! Obviously you're a good sith."

At that moment there was a great disturbance. As if billions suddenly fell over.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

3. - Top - End - #3

BlueWizardGirl

"Aww," Cest says, "Isn't she just adorable?"

With a sneer he turns to the other handmaidens.

"What do you think? Do I look like a good Sith?"
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tala shuffled her feet, it looked like the boss was having one of his episodes. Obviously Tala had no idea about who this Traya person is, but the boss had a habit of taking for granted that he was alot more in the loop then his handmaidens. Tala cleared her throat nervously before speaking.

Uh.. you don't look like a good Sith boss?

After a moment of reviewing her reply, Tala felt assured that this was probably the correct answer.

5. - Top - End - #5

BlueWizardGirl

"Well, well, well... we have an interesting conundrum here, don't we?" Cest asks rhetorically, "Sally believes me to be a 'good Sith.' Tala does not."

He turns and strides back to his impromptu throne, his voice shifting as he does into that of a lecturer.

"Now at first glance it would appear that only one of them could be correct... but in fact, they're both wrong. As is anyone who tries to confine anyone within the too-narrow boundaries of 'right' and 'wrong.' Morality is a pleasant fiction we entertain ourselves with in order to keep ourselves sane. Morality is relative enough it becomes irrelevant. No one obeys any moral code completely. They all start to make exceptions after a while. They lie for the greater good, steal for the greater good, kill for the greater good, but their motives are nothing more than empty words they use to distract themselves from their own hypocrisy! When you acknowledge that anyone will do anything with a flimsy 'justification,' the lines start to blur until you recognize that the only difference between so-called-good and so-called-evil is that good lies about its selfishness."

He sinks heavily into his chair.

"Nothing is good or evil. There is just action and reaction and reaction and reaction and reaction until finally the uncaring universe collapses in on itself. I, realizing this, have chosen to act for myself, regardless of how petty moralizers should try to categorize my actions."

He smiles and steeples his hands.

"There, does that answer everyone's questions?"
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Valia

Valia stood in the back, carefully watching her "new master" give his speech. She was barely listening to most of what he said. All she remembered hearing was Malachor. She smiled at the naivety of the other girls upon hearing their silly questions. After things settled into silence once again, she threw her own opinion into the mix,

"I never bothered making the distinction between Jedi or Sith."

A smirk found its way to her mouth at her clever words.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

"Huh. Before today, I would have assumed that anyone making the "morality is irrelevant" speech was evil, and therefore not to believe them. But since you're not evil, I guess that means I should listen to you. But if I do that... then it means you aren't good since you just said it doesn't exist."

Sally holds her head.

"I've got a headache!"
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2009-04-05 at 01:48 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Indigo

Indigo looks around the chamber at the other maids, then back at the master. "The avalanche has already begun, it is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

9. - Top - End - #9

BlueWizardGirl

"I am me," Cest explains to Sally, "and you are you. We are not good, we are not evil, we are just ourselves.And there's no reason to try to label ourselves otherwise."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Sally meanwhile is so addled with confusion and headaches that at this point she is completely unreactive. A good time to steal her purse. If they existed. And if she would theoritically have any money. There is a little slip of paper sticking out of a ragged pocket however.
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2009-04-05 at 03:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

11. - Top - End - #11

Rachel makes a throat-clearing noise. "You are the master, sir," she points out. "It is our role to serve. Of course you will have our assistance.

"And I am sure you are a fine Sith, sir,"
    she adds. "It is your nature to excel."

She makes a mental note to look up "Sith" in the databanks later.

12. - Top - End - #12

BlueWizardGirl

"So you are all with me, then?" Cest asks, "Good. Let's get underway. Someone get on the navicomputer and chart a course to Malachor V."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

Rachel doesn't know much about starships, but she does know to remove those who can't act from tense situations. She bows respectfully to Kae. "With your permission, master, Sally and I shall prepare the ship for transit."

Assuming permission is forthcoming, the droid leads away the uncomprehending maid, steering her with a left hand on her left arm and the right between her shoulderblades. "Come, Sally. How may I assist you in making things shipshape?" She hopes the changeling will revive enough to give her instructions - she doesn't know where the tray tables even are, much less how to get them into an upright position.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Sally coughs, "Umm... I don't know much about starships. I just mop things and blast dirt with the cleaning lasers." she scratches her head.

"Apparently we're supposed to set the nav computer but I'm not sure which one of these is which. I do remember that he did push a lot of buttons at random like this."

She's about to reach over and start pressing buttons, and then she pauses for a moment, "Wait. This is a bad idea isn't it?"

She turns to Rachel, "You seem like someone who's good with machines, so maybe you should press the buttons at random. I wouldn't want to accidentally fly us into a black hole or activate the self destruct mechanism."
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2009-04-06 at 06:11 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

15. - Top - End - #15

"I am a combat model, not an astromech unit," Rachel informs her archly. "I am sure one of the others is better qualified to deal with the navicomputer. Let us attend to the rest of the ship - provisioning and preparing medipacs and checking on cargo and... whatever... you, we, do."

The droid falls silent, as if finished, then: "We could make dinner. The master will still eat, I assume?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's... probably a good idea. Because I was too stupid to be an assassin, my betters had the good judgment to direct my education towards menial tasks like cooking and cleaning. First we had best conduct an inventory on what food we have."

Conduct an inventory? That sounds suspiciously like something someone competent at something would say. I guess she couldn't be completly useless...

"Umm... you're going to have to count though. I'm no good at math."

Nevermind. And what does counting have to do with math? Oh right. She's a feminists worst nightmare. Of course she's going to get things like that wrong.

Suddenly, a realization hits her as if it were a sudden flash,
    "Combat Model? That's so cool! So you go on fashion shows where you put on fancy and confusing dresses, but also go into the front lines at which point you take out your blaster and start blasting at evil doers? You're so awesome Rachel! I never knew that! Why didn't you tell me earlier!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

17. - Top - End - #17

Rachel's mostly-immobile face saves her from the indignity of opening and closing her mouth, goldfish-like, while she tries to think of a response.

"I am not designed for field combat," she offers, "but personal training and protection. You could say I model the proper forms of combat to those needing to learn. But there are no dresses," she blinks, "usually. It is my understanding that much of galactic humaniform high fashion tends to restrict movement."

She raises a finger in admonition. "But you should not call yourself stupid! It is bad to devalue the skills you do have merely because you lack others. What you call menial tasks are my weakest area, but they are where the master most needs assistance."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Indigo (50/50) (4)

Indigo quietly does what she always does when faced with a task. She goes to the nav-computer and lets the force guide her as she begins setting coordinates and piloting the ship. This way, she knows that if she doesn't get to the destination she wants... she will get to the destination where the force wants her to be.

OOC - Force Piloting: (1d6x5)[30]
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

19. - Top - End - #19

BlueWizardGirl

Indigo, guided by the Force, successfully plots a course to... an uncharted world... DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN!

Cest, satisfied that you have plotted a course, engages the hyperdrive. You will reach your mysterious destination in the morning, but for now business continues as usual aboard ship.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Sally meanwhile seems to be looking for ingredients to prepare a roast squid. Though there doesn't seem to be any turnips.
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

21. - Top - End - #21

Rachel tries to assist Sally, counting up the stores in the process of turning the place upside-down searching for a turnip, and anything else she may require.

((Athletics - (1d6x6)[30] to assist Sally in her maidly duties.))

22. - Top - End - #22

BlueWizardGirl

Against all odds, Rachel finds fresh turnips in a neglected corner of the supply closet.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Roast Squid is a strange dish. The interesting part here is that Squid is not strictly a necessarily ingredient. The turnips however have certain grounding and quantum properties that nothing else can really substitute for.

Powering up a recently sterilized vacuum cleaner, Sally starts to cook the roast squid.

Affection (1d6*4)[24]
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2009-04-07 at 09:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

24. - Top - End - #24

BlueWizardGirl

Sally managed to literally make roast squid with love. The sheer power of love.

It looks beautiful. You'd better let the others know that dinner is served.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Sally lets the others know that dinner is served.
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Indigo (50/50) (4)

Indigo goes to the mess room and sits down, she takes some of the food on her plate and looks at it oddly. "This dish was prepared with love." She takes a bite and closes her eyes, "MMmmmmm... what a nice flavoring." Indigo smiles slightly.

OOC - Indigo... almost... never... smiles!
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Indigo (20/20) (8)

Sally, is naturally ecstatic about this. She jumps high into the air. ""Yaaay! You like it! OWW!"

Unfortunately, she jumped so high as to hit her head on the roof.
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2009-04-08 at 12:08 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground

Valia

Val wandered her way after the others, sat down and stared at the food before her for a while. She wasn't hungry, but just shrugged and decided to eat something anyway. Slowly, she picked away at... whatever it was in her plate before her.

After a short time, she noticed Sally smacking her head on the ceiling and piped up, still with a bit of food in her mouth, "Careful there. You'll end up in the medbay if you keep that up."
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Sally, rubbing her head states, "Nah, it's okay. I get hit in the head a lot."
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

30. - Top - End - #30

BlueWizardGirl

Cest finally puts in an appearance, looking somewhat out of sorts. To his own great surprise, he is actually pleased by the meal.

"...well done, Sally."

The rare moment reminds him of another overdue commendation.

"And you too, Indigo, for programming our navicomputer."

Sally gains 3 Favor.

Indigo gains 1 Favor.
    Last edited by Ascension; 2009-04-08 at 10:03 PM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show