New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ashtar goes to New York

I'm flying out to the US at the end of May and visiting the wonderful city of New York for the first two weeks of June. And I'd like the help/advice of the playground on the following points:

Are there any playgrounders around New York who would like to meet-up for a drink / coffee / meal / venue / visit / rpg or something? It would be my pleasure to invite anyone who wants to meet-up

I'm still looking for a place to stay, hesitating between hotels, backpackers and renting a room somewhere. Ideally, I'd like just a bed or couch in a flat with somewhere safe to drop my gear. I much prefer lodging at someone's than in an anonymous hotel. Of course, I'd give/pay 2-4 hundred $ for my stay. Does anyone have an extra bed/room or have a friend who would be amenable to such a proposal?

Otherwise, my guess is I'd have to try posting an ad on Craig's list and hope not to fall in with an ax murderer ^^.

And finally, any recommendations as to what to go and see? Or which area of NY to stay in? I'll be visiting the usual and loads of museums, but I'm starting to make a list of other things to visit:
    - Gotham bar and grill
    - A venue where Stefny Winter (NY DJ) is playing if I can find one
    - Go to see a musical or two
    - New york playgrounds
    Added:
    - See if I can participate in a mission for ImprovEverywhere http://improveverywhere.com/
    - Get found by Times-Square (The Randomizer)
    Last edited by Ashtar; 2009-05-07 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Added activities

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Ashtar goes to New York

Fun fact: you don't find Times Square, Times Square finds you. I know that from experience.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Well, I'm way out here in California but a word of advice, never order mayonaise on a pastrami sandwich. Don't ask why, just don't do it.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SilentNight View Post
    Well, I'm way out here in California but a word of advice, never order mayonaise on a pastrami sandwich. Don't ask why, just don't do it.
    I was told it was a crime (in certain states) while I was in Colorado a few years ago. I guess it is also in the books in NY.