New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Farmer Felix's Fantastic FRandom FBanter #119 (may contain traces of fnuts)

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    It's Abu Dhabi, and don't worry, there's no place where nutella doesn't reach. I hope. It gets here, at least.
    Ohhhh I thought it was Dubai... so it's not... oh. I apologize.

But remember: A place without Nutela, is like a peasant without scurvy .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Farmer Felix's Fantastic FRandom FBanter #119 (may contain traces of fnuts)

Nutella is... alright.

My wife loves it, so we have lots of it.

I stick to butter and jam for my toast. Blackberry jam for the win!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Blackberry jam for the win!
    Black Berry anything for the win!

Especially blackberry soda... .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmud View Post
    Especially blackberry soda... .
    No need to be embarrassed.

The blackberry is easily the greatest berry. It goes well in any form.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Exclamation Re: Farmer Felix's Fantastic FRandom FBanter #119 (may contain traces of fnuts)

No need to be embarrassed.

The blackberry is easily the greatest berry. It goes well in any form.
    I beg to differ. Empwerical evidence suggests that Strawberrys are the best berry. (I realize I spelled emperical wrong.) But, everyone is entitlede to opinion...even if it is wrong. Just kidding.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Blackberry Everything > Strawberry Everything...

Exception: Chex's Cereal. New Flavor with the Strawberry sugar stuff is sooo good. Best Cereal Flavor, ever. Ever. Everrrr. .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I'd have to debate you on the "Everything" bit. Blackberry milk wouldn't taste good. Blackberry smoothies do, but strawberry smoothies taste better.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Blackberry milk would be awesome, are you kidding?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

I inadvertently made raspberry jam last week. It was good.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    I'd have to debate you on the "Everything" bit. Blackberry milk wouldn't taste good. Blackberry smoothies do, but strawberry smoothies taste better.
    All milk is bad IMAO. I was allergic to milk for 12 years, (NOT LACTOSE INTOLERANT. DIFFERENCE HERE PEOPLE... Lactose Intolerance, in most cases, mean milk will make you throw up or get a rash in most cases. My allergy was leathal... like If I had to much dairy, my throat would close) so that may just be me, but milk is just... bleh.

Black Berry's are better in Fruit salad's as well.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Raspberry jam is easily my second favorite. Third is plum!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Y'kno, I used to love peanut butter on a scale bordering obsession, but it's just kind of faded from my tastes now. Too... processed. Next time I visit back home I'm going to get some (home made? fresh? natural? organic?) peanut butter from the wholefoods store though, and see if I like that any better.
    Peanut butter onslaught:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Might be enough for you to get the "Old-fashioned" peanut butter which lacks... Emulsifiers(?) to keep everything perfectly uniform, so that the peanut oil will slightly separate out and needs to be mixed up a bit every so often. that's what my friend's mom prefers to main-stream peanut butter, anyway.

Wait, so you're saying that peanut butter can be obtained in Australia now? Hmm, I might have to rescind my ban on travelling there for an extended amount of time... Peanut butter being one of the sources of my power, after all.

Actually, one of my grandmother's brothers (g-uncle) is a peanut farmer as well as the manager/head of some kind of co-op of peanut farmers in that area. So I'm kinda obligated to love peanuts and peanut butter, my only out would've been if I were allergic, in which case I might not have survived the first family reunion anyway....

I prefer creamy peanut butter for general use, such as sandwiches but value crunchy peanut butter for special uses such as when I'm adding peanut butter and a twist of lime and crushed pepper to my ramen or making peanut butter cookies.

That reminds me though... I've still yet to come up with a recipe for Peanut-Cheese bars from Earthbound yet... My first attempt involved melting cheese into bar form with peanuts distributed throughout the matrix, but the effect of the cheese being melted and cooled caused the peanuts to lose their crunch and take on softer texture, almost waxy.... So currently I'm thinking about taking cream cheese and crunchy peanut butter, using a low-setting on a blender or simply folding them into one another(for a more marbled effect), and then freezing the resulting mixture in trays to get them to set.

...Did you manage to have a jar of peanut butter go unused for long enough to go bad, Tooby?

And yes, I've had nutella, it's good with peanut butter, but only when spread onto those british-style biscuits which would be called cookies in the US... Actually, nutella seems to demand a slightly crisp texture from what it's eaten with, in my experience.

As far as jam goes, I love blackberries, but if I've had my grandmother's blackberry jam in the past 6 months, all other blackberry preserves pale in comparison. Elderberry is a close second which I find to be similar in taste to blackberries without having the unfortunate competition with my nostalgia. Then strawberry then raspberry. Linden or Lingon berries I have yet to experience though.

It would definitely be interesting to try milk flavored with blackberry syrup... I'm trying to think of whether I've seen blackberry syrup before.... even if it might have been only for pancakes.

Monsieur Mud: How are you allergic to milk for 12 years as if it were only a finite, temporary(albeit, for a fairly long time) thing?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-04-10 at 10:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

13. - Top - End - #43
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm going to have to agree with blackberries being better. They have a much stronger, fruitful flavor than strawberries, although strawberries are still exceedingly good.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

>.>

Milk is awesome.

<,<

Really? What did you expect from me?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Senor Coidzor: Allergies can be out grown... atleast most can. Peanut butter Allergies... and Shellfish and very rare to grow out of, as are ones with pollen and such, but other than that Milk is very easy to outgrow, if you abstain from it for long enough... Life without dairy is very hard though . Especially when, for the first year of your life you're allergic to both dairy, AND wheat.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

16. - Top - End - #46

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DD the Cookiemonster View Post
    Really? What did you expect from me?
    Another rousing rendition of "C is for Cookie?"

Mud: So wait... How did you survive if you couldn't be breastfed or eat formula?

I've only ever encountered those shellfish, peanut, and dust/pollen/cat/mold/wheat allergies before that are pretty much permanent before, so it's interesting to learn that about a dairy allergy...

It is pretty hard to get by without coming into contact with dairy in this culturre though...
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Another rousing rendition of "C is for Cookie?"

Mud: So wait... How did you survive if you couldn't be breastfed or eat formula?

I've only ever encountered those shellfish, peanut, and dust/pollen/cat/mold/wheat allergies before that are pretty much permanent before, so it's interesting to learn that about a dairy allergy...

It is pretty hard to get by without coming into contact with dairy in this culturre though...
    COID: No I think I could be breast fed... but I was allergic to some enzyme in Cow Milk if I remember correctly... I was young and my knowledge of it was very superficial, but I'm all good now and I can have Dairy. But It was hard to get my daily Vitamin C/Calcium. Problem solved thanks to lots of Orange Juice.

But think of all the stuff I couldn't have... Cheeses, Yogurts, anything that had a trace of milk in it... Yes, that means cookies and cake. . But it started good eating habits I guess. I never gouge on cake or cookies.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't have any food allergies, but I used to have problems with raw pineapple, due to certain enzymes, I think. The only problems that arose were stomach aches, so it is not really severe.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

How does one "inadvertedly" make rasberry jam?

"Doo doo do... Bakin' a cake... and - what the--!?"

also Coid, that's the stuff I mean, yeah and we've had Peanut Butter for as long as... well... I've been born, so yeah (also, if you do travel here, stop by Melbourne! A hot bed and a comfortable meal will be waiting! Or... something like that.)

Also, Nutella is definitely one of the greatest spreads of all time, but I still bow only to Vegemite as the King of all Spreads.

Also also, Muddy gets a *high-five!* for spelling fnuts the right way
    Last edited by Felixaar; 2009-04-10 at 11:32 AM.
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

I used to be allergic to milk as a kid, and chocolate as well.

Double whammy.

I'm not anymore, but I am allergic to bananas. If they, or the inside of the peel, touch my lips, they swell up crazy until I look like Steven Tyler.

They also make my mouth and throat burn... but I still eat them, because I love them so much.

Blackberries rule!

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I tried posting earlier but my pc wouldn't let me for some reason...
    Anyway, blackberry soda is the bombsauce!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

I used to be allergic to milk as a kid, and chocolate as well.

Double whammy.

I'm not anymore, but I am allergic to bananas. If they, or the inside of the peel, touch my lips, they swell up crazy until I look like Steven Tyler.

They also make my mouth and throat burn... but I still eat them, because I love them so much.

Blackberries rule!
    Hmm... We both couldn't ingest Milk and Chocolate... Genetic maybe?
    Does this mean that I am excepted in to the ever expaning family of Twobit ?
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmud View Post
    Hmm... We both couldn't ingest Milk and Chocolate... Genetic maybe?
    Does this mean that I am excepted in to the ever expaning family of Twobit ?
    I have an ever-expanding family?

I just have a few brothers and two daughters...

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

I have an ever-expanding family?

I just have a few brothers and two daughters...
    . Just always seemed huge.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    How does one "inadvertedly" make rasberry jam?

"Doo doo do... Bakin' a cake... and - what the--!?"
    We had no cranberries to make a cranberry sauce so I set out to make it with raspberries instead and realized halfway through that it was jam.

It was good. I need to make some more.

Allergies: I don't think it's possible for a human to be allergic to human milk; however, the mothers of children with food allergies usually can't eat the foods to which their children are allergic because they end up in the milk.

Fun fact: breast milk's composition changes based on the child's needs. If the baby is battling a cold, the milk supplies antibodies to help.

The human body is amazing.

26. - Top - End - #56

NecromancerGuy

That reminds me of a girl I was friends with in high school... She may have been allergic to chocolate when she was younger or her father just lied to her in order to save money or something, since when she had some last year for the first time in forever she didn't even have a psychosomatic reaction to it...

^: Yes. Yes Deary. I'd forgotten that it did that as a special reaction rather than as a sort of constant thing though.

And barring spices that's actually a subset of cranberry sauce, actually... Well, there's the jelly/jello kind, the kind which is more like sweet and sour sauce with cranberries and spices in it.... and the kind which is basically crushed cranberries with spices.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-04-10 at 12:15 PM.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

People with Allergies, except to blackberries, should rule the world .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Allergies: I don't think it's possible for a human to be allergic to human milk; however, the mothers of children with food allergies usually can't eat the foods to which their children are allergic because they end up in the milk.

Fun fact: breast milk's composition changes based on the child's needs. If the baby is battling a cold, the milk supplies antibodies to help.

The human body is amazing.
    Ban the Bottle!!!

29. - Top - End - #59

NecromancerGuy

Ban the Bottle!!!
    Agreed. /male

Also, you haven't known allergy pain until you've been clawing off your beard due to the cat hair that got stuck in it.... since the bleeding just makes it worse due to it getting into the blood stream along with the beard and cat hair aggrivating the wounds themselves without the allergic part. Sure, peanuts are lethal, but they don't quite have the blood everywhere potential of other things.
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

We had no cranberries to make a cranberry sauce so I set out to make it with raspberries instead and realized halfway through that it was jam.
    So, does that mean you're in a jam, now?
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal