New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned

Default Re: Church's Right Hand

Erdrik

Erdrik addressed Brogrim in a manner you would when congratulating a child, or a cute dog for that matter.
    "Good for you shorty. Who's going to go about their little business like they're important? Is it you? Is.It.You?
    Yes it is, yes it is."

He reverted his tone to normal.

"You short people are so cute when you're trying to be smart when you're really not. I think I'm going to call you.... Col. Obvious. Yes, because you seem to like to point out obvious and trivial facts.
    You know what, I'm in a good mood. Free condescending nick names for all!"
    Last edited by Fiendish_Dire_Moose; 2009-04-21 at 09:32 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Aelanis

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Aelanis barks, his voice ringing with some sort of otherworldly tone.

"Erdrick, I do not know what you did or who you killed that resulted in you being bound to me, but know this. You will NOT disrespect either myself or the other members of this group. Remember that it is us who will be watching your back when there is danger. Do not give us a reason not to."
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Calicha

Largely unnoticed during the rest of the proceedings, a short woman of dark skin steps up to the group and speaks, "As much as I am amused by your little debate of ethics and savagery, I believe we would be better suited by putting this behind us. Commander I may not be, but end this."

Her piece contributed, she walks with lesser, white-robed members out of the dome, heading to her own temporary quarters to prepare for tomorrow.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Aelanis

The prince is startled by Calicha's sudden arrival, but he nods as she leaves.

"What she says is true. Let us retire for the evening. Erdrik, come with me."

He heads off to his quarters for his evening.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Banned

Erdrik

Erdrik silently follows Aelanis.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Banned

OOC: You know what, I think I'm actually going to roll a stealth check just to see how "quietly" I follow :P.

(1d20+11)[13]

edit:
    So... apparently I follow so quietly that I stomp around loudly and angrily.... God I hate the board roller. Why does it abuse me so?
    Last edited by Fiendish_Dire_Moose; 2009-04-23 at 06:44 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Aelanis

Aelanis looks at Erdrik over his shoulder.

"Why ARE you so angry, young man?"
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2009-04-24 at 10:31 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

Erdrik

"You really are dense aren't you?"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Aelanis

"That depends on your meaning of dense, Erdrik. I know a great many things I assume you wouldn't. We have a lot we can teach each other."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

Erdrik

"Than I shall teach you.
    My tribe was decimated by orcs, and when my father and I simply needed to resupply at a town, my father was killed. I tracked his murderer down, he claimed to be one of you, and I exacted my vengeance upon him. However claiming to be one of you, I am now stuck to you. It was that or the gallows, and I most certainly wasn't given the liberty of choosing for myself."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Aelanis

Aelanis is stunned.

"Those are very serious accusations, Erdrik. If they are true, then you are bound to me unjustly. Please, explain more."

He is sincere in his tone. Erdrick can see this is the kind of man who couldn't tell a lie to save his life.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Banned

Erdrik

"There isn't any more. Now, is there a specific reason I'm following you, or am I free to my quarters?"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Aelanis

Aelanis shakes his head.

"That is not what I meant. Was the man who killed your father truly a servant of the Shining One, or did he just say he was? What reason would he have to murder your father. If there is some way to exonerate you we have to find it!"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Banned

Erdrik

"My father asked the guard for entrance to the town, and the man killed him. He wore that symbol your friends seem to favor. He killed my father for simply wanting to live. It doesn't matter what gods you serve, he deserved what I did to him."
    Last edited by Fiendish_Dire_Moose; 2009-04-26 at 09:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Aelanis

Aelanis looked very stunned.

"You have my leave to go."

He turns and leaves Erdrick, looking for his immediate superiors.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Aelanis

((Does Aelanis find his immediate superiors?))

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Aelanis searches the halls for his immediate supervisors. The only problem with this is that, becuase of his new rank bestowed upon him by the highest ranking officials in the church, they are actually his immediate supervisors. So after getting some directions from some initiates, Aelanis finds himself at the door of one Grand Exalted, High inquisitor. one of the five leaders of the Church of Pelor. His position speaks that he is the preist in charge of rooting out truth and justice in all things related to Pelor. Your knock on the door brings a man in a simple white robe, an iniatiate, who then bows to you and takes your name inside, leaving you at the door.

What returns is a short man with a rotund belly and a rather cheery, if very pale, face. The man may look like an cheery innkeeper, but he wore the robe with the red sash and the five sunbursts on his neck. Only his cold eyes, searching you up and down, tell that what he appears to be and what he really is are not one in the same. He speaks in a voice just below squeeky, but his face and tone state that this man is a leader and when he speaks he expects to be obeyed. "Aelanis, do please come in." He turns and walks inside without waiting for Aelanis to answer.

Inside is a small circular room with pictures of courtrooms on the walls. There were chairs arrayed around in a loose circle, all flowing red linen and gold armrests, with a fireplace at the very back. A spiraling staircase starting to the left of the fireplace heads up to a higher level. And there are 2 doors on opposite ends of each other.

He gestures to a chair for Aelanis to sit. "My name is Chorun Al'Donti, Please sit down. Would you like some tea?" He asked politely, and at that the initiate who was standing in the corner fled through a nearby door. Chorun himself takes a seat in what looked to be a very comfy chair with a high back curling in ornate desigsn above his head and under the armrests. He places his arms over his stomach and gives a smile to you.
    I heard a voice from above, claiming to be in charge of my destiny. After shooting it twice, it never came back.” – From Floral Justice

“Fear is only a Dream – so dream, my little one, dream” – R.K. Milholland

“Whenever someone asks me to be completely candid, part of me wonders if they know what they’re getting into, and another part of me is scared they just might…” – R.K. Milholland

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McMindflayer View Post
    Aelanis searches the halls for his immediate supervisors. The only problem with this is that, becuase of his new rank bestowed upon him by the highest ranking officials in the church, they are actually his immediate supervisors. So after getting some directions from some initiates, Aelanis finds himself at the door of one Grand Exalted, High inquisitor. one of the five leaders of the Church of Pelor. His position speaks that he is the preist in charge of rooting out truth and justice in all things related to Pelor. Your knock on the door brings a man in a simple white robe, an iniatiate, who then bows to you and takes your name inside, leaving you at the door.

What returns is a short man with a rotund belly and a rather cheery, if very pale, face. The man may look like an cheery innkeeper, but he wore the robe with the red sash and the five sunbursts on his neck. Only his cold eyes, searching you up and down, tell that what he appears to be and what he really is are not one in the same. He speaks in a voice just below squeeky, but his face and tone state that this man is a leader and when he speaks he expects to be obeyed. "Aelanis, do please come in." He turns and walks inside without waiting for Aelanis to answer.

Inside is a small circular room with pictures of courtrooms on the walls. There were chairs arrayed around in a loose circle, all flowing red linen and gold armrests, with a fireplace at the very back. A spiraling staircase starting to the left of the fireplace heads up to a higher level. And there are 2 doors on opposite ends of each other.

He gestures to a chair for Aelanis to sit. "My name is Chorun Al'Donti, Please sit down. Would you like some tea?" He asked politely, and at that the initiate who was standing in the corner fled through a nearby door. Chorun himself takes a seat in what looked to be a very comfy chair with a high back curling in ornate desigsn above his head and under the armrests. He places his arms over his stomach and gives a smile to you.
    Aelanis

Aelanis bows to Inquisitor Al'Donti and takes his seat.

"I would like that very much, thank you."

The young prince waits for his tea, and then speaks.

"I wish to speak to you about the man, Erdrik, who has been placed into my care. I am concerned that he is unjustly in the church's debt."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Ah yes. I knew this question was going to come around at some point." He sighed and seemed to sit up a little, his arms raising and steepling his fingers in front of his face. "The man Erdrik killed was, in our best estimation, not of our church and would have been dealt with accordingly. But we know nothing about Erdrik and can get no information about the death of his father. For all we know the man had just rubbed Erdrik the wrong way and Erdrik decided to take matters into his own hands." He drummed his fingers together and seemed to stare at nothing for a couple of seconds, then his hard eyes went back to bore inot Aelanis "The facts of the matter is that Erdrik killed a man in supposed cold blood in the middle of a street with a bunch of witnesses. He was to have the axe to his head by the end of the day. We stepped in only because we weren't sure of the man Erdrik killed. That is why he is here, and that is why he is under your command. Now," He then stood up, using his hands to push him out of hte chair. "If you will please," He gestured to the door. "I have important business to attend to. My servant will show you out." He then started off toward the door opposite the kitchen.

The servant's tea tray was on a nearby table and he was beside Aelanis without so much as a whisper. After Aelanis is dismissed, he says "THis way sir," rather briskly and heads towards the door. He formally bows Aelanis out and then closes the door behind his departing back.
    I heard a voice from above, claiming to be in charge of my destiny. After shooting it twice, it never came back.” – From Floral Justice

“Fear is only a Dream – so dream, my little one, dream” – R.K. Milholland

“Whenever someone asks me to be completely candid, part of me wonders if they know what they’re getting into, and another part of me is scared they just might…” – R.K. Milholland

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Aelanis

Aelanis is stunned, but does not say a word. Instead, he bows politely and leaves, returning to his quarters. He would speak to Erdrik more in the morning.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

((I assume we'll be moving to the next morning then?))

Aelanis

Aelanis stretches and awakens, wondering where all the time went in the night.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Banned

Erdrik

Erdrik, having been up with the sun waited for just the right moment to bang on the door to Aelanis' room.
    "Boss, we got a problem."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Aelanis

Aelanis dresses quickly and opens the door.

"What is it, Erdrik?"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Banned

Erdrik

"Nothing. I just always wanted to do that.
    When are we heading out?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Aelanis

Aelanis nods.

"Hopefully we'll be leaving today. Erdrik may I speak to you in private for a while?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Banned

Erdrik

Erdrik gave Aelanis an apprehensive look, but ultimately sighed.
    "I guess I don't see why not."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Aelanis

He escorts Erdrik in and shuts the door.

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news, Erdrik."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Banned

Erdrik

At the mention of bad news Erdrik knew what Aelanis had done the night before. And he didn't like it.
    "Don't presume to meddle in my affairs. Ever."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Aelanis

"Erdrik, I want to help you. I don't think it's fair what you've had to go through, for something that was likely justified. We don't even know if the man you killed really was a member of our church at all!"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Banned

Erdrik

"You know, you could ask him. Oh, wait.
    What's done is done. I've been stuck in the service of over zealousness and there is very little I can do about it.
    So, I'm going to go ahead, and perform their hypocritical tasks, and in a years time if I'm still working for these nut jobs, I'll break their little curse, and kill them all.
    What's done is done, and there is no fixing it."