New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Maid Gear Solid: Full Maid Panic! (IC)

Kaito's waiting on the third floor, leaning against the balcony railing, arms draped over the edge. He eyes Lauren with mild amusement. "What's up? Stalking me?"

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lauren

You could say that. She turns off the link to Shadow Tail.

Who was that earlier? Lauren means business.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Shadow Tail

Shadow didn't bother saying anything in return. The uppity rookie didn't deserve an answer. Shadow started over to her computer and looked up Sherwood. Then she took that information and looked up more about him on the S.P.E.R.M. site.

Spoiler
    Show
    What would she be able to find?

4. - Top - End - #214
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaito raises his hands in mock-surrender, still smiling slightly. "I have no idea. She appeared behind me, told me to keep looking forward, asked weird questions, and left. You her sister?"

5. - Top - End - #215

Lauren

Not at all. I have no siblings as far as I know.

Now, what else did she say?
    Lauren takes a step forward, her hand at her side clenching into a fist.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaito shrugs, lifting himself off the railing and bracing his hands on it. He seems oblivious to her closed fist. "I didn't pay much attention. I was worried that she was going to rob me or something."

He glances down at her appraisingly, eyebrow lifted. "Why? You jealous?"

7. - Top - End - #217

Lauren

What? Not at all. She removes one of her gloves, the one that was on her clenched hand. Why did you offer to walk Miki home?

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Sherwood sighed as he closed up his laptop. Not a lot of information. Miss Inoue was an average student, slightly worse grades in English then he other subjects. He only notable attribute was an odd number of sickdays.

"Ah well, can't expect everything to be a font of information."

With that, he walked down the road to the Apartment Inoue resided in. He looked about, and sighed as he failed to see Lauren. Either she wasn't there, or he couldn't see her. He sighed, and just entered the building oppisite Miki's. He was renting a small apartment there. It was in the name of Harold Lockman, a very nonexistent Deep Sea Fisherman. He settled into a chair he set by the window, and pulled out his Laptop, setting his Binocular's beside it.

A long night of hopefully fruitless watching...

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Sharell von Murfel

It's a good night for stargazing. Or at least, that's what Sharell would probably say if you asked her what she was doing flat on her stomach on a rooftop with a telescope. And hot cocoa.

She takes a sip now and then, adjusting and panning the view as necessary, the only other sound being the occasional click. She isn't particularly hiding, but she isn't particularly nearby, either.
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2009-04-21 at 09:10 PM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Those watching Miki's apartment noticed something alarming. At around 10:51 P.M., Miki herself stepped outside.

She'd taken off her uniform and was dressed in a pair of knee high boots, a long, swishy skirt, and an adorable pink blouse.

She had woken up to find that she'd slept through the entire afternoon. Feeling a bit upset, she decided that she'd go to her favorite spot in the park and watch the night sky to cheer herself up. She also had her headphones and a MP3 player loaded with her favorite classical pieces.

Miki quietly walked away from the apartment and into the city night.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

The first of the watchers took action. As Miki stepped outside, Sherwood was busy packing up, before heading down as well. He wouldn't let anything distract him from his charge. He hadn't changed clothes, as remaining in the Uniform didn't bother him. He slipped outside, his bookbag beside him, falling his charge on silent feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Got a 18 on my sneaking check
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2009-04-21 at 10:23 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Really, the instincts on that girl were legendary. Epic, even.

Still, she wouldn't be the one to judge. After a few minutes with an internet search on her cellphone getting an idea of on the target's destination, she hops down and goes for a refreshing jog.

Something to get the blood in her legs flowing again.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nina Morozov

Calculating statistical probability of multiple agencies independently converging on identical target matter....correlating known psychological baselines of agent codename Phantom to probability of deception in assignment...[Dataflow interrupt]

Nina's eyes snapped open from her semi-meditative state that she had been in while the backup team had kept its eyes on Miki's apartment, and Nina had begun compiling her assessment of the situation. Subject schedule pattern deviation the message read. Nina pushed aside her assessments from her mind, quickly moving across the rooftops to where the backup team had determiend Miki had been heading. "Standard nighttime procedure shadowing." she said "Moving vantage point to pedestrian level." A few controlled leaps later and Nina moved out of the alley, shadowing Miki. A quick sweep of her eyes back and forth revealed nothing out of the ordinary, and Nina slipped into the shadows to avoid detection.

OOC: Stalking insta-win, but a 6 to see anybody, so I don't think I notice anybody else right now.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

14. - Top - End - #224
    Pixie in the Playground

(Rewinding a bit...)

Kaito frowned slightly, then moved to start walking up the stairs again. "Because I like her. Why is it any of your business?"

15. - Top - End - #225

Lauren

Nothing. Suffice it to say that many people are interested in that Miki girl. Many people, you may have some competition. She flexes the fingers of her gloveless hand.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaito continues walking up the stairs. "I don't care. I'm not competing for anything."

17. - Top - End - #227

Lauren

Very well then. You may know that many people are competing against Miki. And I'm not talking about Hikaru... Lauren puts her hand on the railing. If Kaito was touching it he should feel a sudden shock.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaito twitches and jerks his hand away from the railing. He pauses at the top of the stairs and turns back partially to look down at Lauren. "If you're trying to make some kind of point, just go on and say it already. I don't have time for veiled comments."

19. - Top - End - #229

Lauren

Based on observed behavior I believe that you are either a member of Orion, or are working for some group to protect Miki Inoue.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaito just rolls his eyes and continues up the stairs at a remarkably brisk pace.

21. - Top - End - #231

Lauren

Fine. Be that way. Well you certainly are a lot more suspicious than the other two people protecting her I've discovered. Lauren walks down the stairs, going the opposite direction.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Pixie in the Playground

"Amateur."

That's the last thing Lauren will be able to hear from Kaito before he disappears into the apartment complex.

Phantom generally didn't require much sleep, but he was slightly perturbed when Miki disrupted her usual pattern and went for a nighttime stroll. Concerned more about her safety from thieves and muggers than the threat Orion itself posed, he quickly shifted from his usual observation perch and started making his way across the rooftops, watching her from above.

(OOC: I got 4 on both my check to avoid detection and my check to detect. This board's dice-roller is terrible.)

23. - Top - End - #233

Lauren

Lauren, below, walking to her apartment, waves to the passing Kaito. She can see her mouth "amateur".

OOC: Got an 8.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Sherwood sees someone dashing along the rooftops, and looked up considering. They could be trailing Miki, or they could be involved in some other task that took them along the same path. He could go and confront them, but he'd risk losing Miki.

The best choice is to just leave hiding. I'll greet Ms. Inoue like I was just a suprised classmate.

Sherwood, having found a plan, put it into action. He slipped around a building, and when Miki was about to pass in front of it, walked out, almost bumping into her. He put on a look of suprise.

"Ms. Inoue? A suprise to see you out so late."
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2009-04-22 at 01:53 AM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: I thought this was in the Dice Roller Thread. I'm sorry.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling Cunning, in case Miki wants an explanation of what he is out doing so late.

(1d6*2)[4]
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2009-04-22 at 02:02 AM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

As Miki walked through the night, she began to get a little nervous. She was starting at shadows, so when she almost walked into Sherwood she took a quick step back and gave a little yelp of fright.

"S-sherwood! What are you doing here?"

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Sherwood shrugged at her, smiling in a vague manner.

"Not to much, I'm afraid. I have trouble getting to sleep some days, so I take a walk to calm down and unwind. Sometime I go to to the park, others I just walk along the streets."

Sherwood hoped she bought it. Lying wasn't his forte, and he didn't like doing it. But telling her she was a target of a terrorist organization and he was a secret agent here to protect her wasn't the best idea either.

"You out for similar reasons?"

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh." Miki smiled sheepishly at Sherwood. "Y-yeah, that's why I'm out. I'm sorry about my rudeness. I just... you scared me, a little."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Sherwood gave an apologetic bow.

"That was not my intention. And no need to apologize, it was my fault entirely. Would you mind some company?"

Sherwood asked in as innocous fashion as possible.

"While I'm not particularly dangerous, there are those out there which would wish a beautiful woman harm. Tis a shame, but what can you do? I'm not particuraly fearsome, like that fellow you walked home with, but..."

Sherwood shrugged, moving on. Speaking to much about his own weakness could backfire. It would make it hard for her to believe him when and if he revealed his identity.

"Besides, I could do with some conversation with a friend."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Miki smiled at him. "I don't mind. I was heading to the park. That's okay with you, right?"