New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default The Challenge Of Korin Silverscale

Your only clue to find your masters sword is to find Brother Montrel in The Shrine of Reflections, you searches have led you to a small prosperous peaceful little village of Pommeville.

You spent the day travelling through the rolling hills and farmlands of Vosgone, a peaceful region that has been settled for generations. You have passed through area several times in your career. The grey skies and chilling showers of early spring have been with you all day, and you are looking forward to a hot meal and a warm bed.
    Your are following an ancient road known as the stoneway, it has stood since before the last great human empire of Nerath. As darkness falls, you find yourself descending through a wooded valley towards the ford of the river Volar, and the small town Pommeville. You are tired and cold, and it's a good time to stop.
    The Volar is cold and swift, and you lead your riding drake across the ford and into the town. Pommeville is a prosperous village, and you can see stores and cottages to either side of the road. A steep, wooded hill rises above the town, hiding ivy-grown ruins on its crown.
    You spy the welcome light of an inn, with the sign of a green griffon proudly displayed. Few people are out and about, but from inside the inn you can hear the voices in conversation and the clink and clatter of dishes.
    When life gets you down, nothing seems to go right, or you just cant find something, remember this... Got Ale?

-Dwarven Life Style

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Challenge Of Korin Silverscale

First, I will try to tie up my mount before I go inside the inn. Then, I will go inside and look around and try to scan the room before I try to find an innkeeper.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

A boy outside as soon as he gets a look at you runs inside the inn

The Inn's common room is comfortable, with a dozen or so villagers and travelers enjoying a roaring fire and tankards of ale. A short, broad-shouldered man with a drooping mustache approaches with a smile. " Welcome To the Green Griffon," he says with a rather interested face "Dragonborn right...we dont get many of those around here."
    Most of the crowd appear to be villagers- A tall man man in a smith's apron, a brash young man dressed as a craftsman, a pair of weathered farmers- but you also see a couple of travelers. One is a handsome soldier in uniform, one is a towering monk, and a third appears to be a half-elven trader or merchant of some kind.
    When life gets you down, nothing seems to go right, or you just cant find something, remember this... Got Ale?

-Dwarven Life Style

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

"Greetings. I am Korin Silverscale, servant of Bahamut." He held out his hand to the inn keeper and smiled. "I have a mount outside. Could you have someone take it into the stables?" He scans the room quickly and then returns his gaze to the Innkeeper. "I am looking for someone. Could you help me find Brother Montrel and The Shrine of Reflections? I am on a quest and I was told that he can help me."
    Currently Playing:

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yes, I can have one of my nephew go back outside, its his job to handle it. You seemed to have starlted him. The Shrine of Reflections is our local temple its just up the street. Brother Montrel isn't in trouble is he? He is a good man..."

-Dwarven Life Style

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, it is as you say, there are not many Dragonborn in these parts. It is no surprise the boy was startled." He reached out and grasped the man on the shoulder with a hearty chuckle.

"No no, I just need to ask Brother Montrel a few questions. I've no doubt he is a good man. If he wasn't, my master wouldn't have sent me to him. But, before I go and seek him out, I would love a hot meal."
    Currently Playing:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh that would be fine! You look hearty one, probably eat a lot. for 8 copper i will give you a nice big 'dragonborn' sized dinner."

-Dwarven Life Style

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

"I hope your advertisement can hold up. I am a legendary eater." With a smile, Korin will go to a table and wait for his meal.
    Currently Playing:

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

You get huge slabs of salted pork, half a loaf of bread, two tankards of ale, and and an assortment of vegetables, such as carrots and turnips, and a pile of blueberries.

-Dwarven Life Style

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

After eating the meal, Korin will sit back and rub his stomach. "By the North Wind, that was amazing." With a smile, Korin will lay a silver coin on the table for the meal. "And here is something for the lad that took care of my mount." He will reach into his bag and pull out two more copper coins. "If this is not enough, have him come see me."

With a full belly and a happy demeanor, Korin will look around and see if anyone is in the mood for a little company. Let's start with the travelers.

Korin will approach them and sit beside one of them, probably the monk. "Greetings, good brother. How are you and your companions?"
    Currently Playing:

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Companions?" the friar replies "Oh no, just acquaintances of the road, Captain Miles of the Kings army, and Shanna Whitelock a local trader." The captain salutes you at you, the half elf- eyes you suspiciously and nods.

"Well met soldier." says the captain "Quite the appetite. Could have fed three men with that meal."
    Last edited by drackcove; 2009-04-23 at 11:51 PM.

-Dwarven Life Style

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, you are in luck, because I can fight like 4." Letting out a hearty laugh, Korin will try to salute the commander in the same way he was saluted. "Tell me, what would bring a Captain out here?"
    Currently Playing:

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Just on my way to greyport, new assignment. you?"

-Dwarven Life Style

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

"I was seeking Brother Montrel. I hear that he was some information for me. What would bring you to Greyport, if you don't mind my inquiry?"
    Currently Playing:

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Several of the communities near Greyport have come under orc raids. I think I can do some good out there. "

-Dwarven Life Style

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ahh, well, if my quest takes me anywhere near there, I would be happy to lend you a hand."

Korin will order another mug of ale and then turn back to the monk. "So, you never introduced yourself, good brother."
    Currently Playing:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Friar Nicholas, Traveling Priest of Moradin, and you haven't given us your name."

-Dwarven Life Style

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

"How rude of me." Korin let out a laugh and ran his hand over the back of his head. "I am Korin Silverscale, Paladin of the Platinum One." He smiled at them. He then turned back towards Captain Miles. "So, when do you leave to go to Greyport?"
    Currently Playing:

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well I need to be there with in the week. So i'll probably start down tomorrow morning or the day after. Haven't decided yet"

The friar snorts "That's what you said yesterday."

The captain shrugs then winks at you.

-Dwarven Life Style

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Korin will smirk slightly and then down a cup of ale. "Well, I need to get some sleep. I need to get up early tomorrow in order to talk to Brother Montrel. I'd go now, but it is late and I am sure he will soon be off to bed, if he is not there already." Korin stands from the table, brushes himself off, and then turns to the captian. "Wait for me here tomorrow. After my meeting with Brother Montrel, I may be inclined to assist you with your orc problems." With that, Korin will head off to his room and get some sleep.
    Currently Playing:

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Where are you? I certainly hope you have not abandoned me.
    Currently Playing: